How to get old SKYPE history ??? - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree4Likes

How to get old SKYPE history ??? - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 393
Users Flag! From usa

85 likes received
1 likes given
I have had no luck,and yes,it seems its for paying service only. Oh well,thanks for the help...we have a ton of photos and facebook messages,not everyone pays for skype i am sure they just need to see corespondence on some platform.


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 785
Users Flag! From australia

229 likes received
377 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodered View Post
I have had no luck,and yes,it seems its for paying service only. Oh well,thanks for the help...we have a ton of photos and facebook messages,not everyone pays for skype i am sure they just need to see corespondence on some platform.
I wrote something saying I couldn't get Skype logs and included email proof from customer service as well.


  #13 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 166
Users Flag! From germany

112 likes received
18 likes given
There is one more thing that you can try just to be on the safe side. There is a free program called SkypeLogView, which can read the .log files in your Skype folder and converts them into plain text. It shows calls and messages.
If there is a history somewhere on your computer that dates back a year, then you'll find it with this program.
Unfortunately, it only works with Windows.
You can get it from this page here:
Skype Logs Reader/Viewer (.dbb and main.db files)

There is a step-by-step guide down at the bottom of this page.
Good luck!


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 393
Users Flag! From usa

85 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laegil View Post
There is one more thing that you can try just to be on the safe side. There is a free program called SkypeLogView, which can read the .log files in your Skype folder and converts them into plain text. It shows calls and messages.
If there is a history somewhere on your computer that dates back a year, then you'll find it with this program.
Unfortunately, it only works with Windows.
You can get it from this page here:
Skype Logs Reader/Viewer (.dbb and main.db files)

There is a step-by-step guide down at the bottom of this page.
Good luck!
I downloaded it,and then it said "cannot open"...I have windows Vista...and we arent paying customers if that makes a difference...we just use the free face to face chat.


  #15 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 166
Users Flag! From germany

112 likes received
18 likes given
Here is another link for it:

 
SkypeLogView - CNET Download.com
 

Windows Vista should not be a problem and this program takes the .log files directly from your computer so it doesn't matter whether you are a paying customer or not.

Marianina likes this.

  #16 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2012, 12:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 393
Users Flag! From usa

85 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by laegil View Post
here is another link for it:

skypelogview - cnet download.com

windows vista should not be a problem and this program takes the .log files directly from your computer so it doesn't matter whether you are a paying customer or not.
it works...woo hoo !!!! Thanks so much laegil !!!!

melandabdul and Marianina like this.

  #17 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 785
Users Flag! From australia

229 likes received
377 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laegil View Post
Here is another link for it:

SkypeLogView - CNET Download.com

Windows Vista should not be a problem and this program takes the .log files directly from your computer so it doesn't matter whether you are a paying customer or not.
Nice one!!!! Wish I had of asked when I was putting my app together. Great sharing!


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Phone msgs,emails and skype evidence for PMV Dorcas Visas and immigration 3 08-24-2012 01:23 AM
Relationship evidence - Skype records cjcherry Visas and immigration 5 05-28-2012 06:27 AM
Skype documents for de facto evidence to OZ! Visas and immigration 3 04-19-2012 10:14 AM
Skype 'contact/call/chat' history Stillwaiting79 Visas and immigration 10 08-15-2011 01:01 PM
Skype Logs , can be evidence or not.?? can Visas and immigration 2 02-20-2010 10:15 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:50 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com