What are the common reasons for refusal PMV - Page 3

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree27Likes

What are the common reasons for refusal PMV - Page 3


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2013, 05:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 785
Users Flag! From australia

229 likes received
377 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMwangi View Post
Depends what you mean by 'actively spoken'. She has emailed us when she needed something, and answered our emails whenever we had a question. She said everything was going along fine and she'd contact us when there was an update (that was about 4 or 5mths ago, though). We've never spoken to her on the phone or in person.
OK Well I was going to say, not to worry you, that if you are not waiting on a form 80 which is known to take AGES and you are not waiting on an interview then what are you waiting on?

Do you have medicals that have been referred and are waiting to be processed?

I don't want to get you all worked up here but for me if you told me at the start that you were 16 months into the process and none of these things were outstanding I would be quite interested in what the CO is waiting on (read doing).

It is such a fine line but 16 MONTHS!!!! That is WAY longer that the timeframe quoted so I think it is ok to ask some questions like what is outstanding, waiting to be completed before the decision can be made?

Again, please I don't want to get your all wound up, I am trying to measure my frustration FOR YOU....I don't know why you are still waiting when there doesn't on the surface appear to be anything they are waiting for.

I do know that applicants from Kenya are notorious long waits but I think it is ok to ask.


  #22 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2013, 05:47 AM
MrsMwangi's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 25
Users Flag! From australia

15 likes received
12 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by melandabdul View Post
OK Well I was going to say, not to worry you, that if you are not waiting on a form 80 which is known to take AGES and you are not waiting on an interview then what are you waiting on?

Do you have medicals that have been referred and are waiting to be processed?

I don't want to get you all worked up here but for me if you told me at the start that you were 16 months into the process and none of these things were outstanding I would be quite interested in what the CO is waiting on (read doing).

It is such a fine line but 16 MONTHS!!!! That is WAY longer that the timeframe quoted so I think it is ok to ask some questions like what is outstanding, waiting to be completed before the decision can be made?

Again, please I don't want to get your all wound up, I am trying to measure my frustration FOR YOU....I don't know why you are still waiting when there doesn't on the surface appear to be anything they are waiting for.

I do know that applicants from Kenya are notorious long waits but I think it is ok to ask.
All medicals were done a long while back and anything that need to be checked up on or signed was done very quickly after that. I was told that nothing else needed to be sent/handed in.

We were going to wait until it hit the 18mth mark and then try and kick them up the butt to see what the hell was going on. Only because I personally know two people (english and american) whose visas took 18mths.

But, I think I will email our CO again on Thursday and ask. We're both aware that my man may need to do medicals again (simply because of the length of time we've been waiting), but apart from that I don't get what's going on either. So frustrating.


  #23 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2013, 06:18 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiseb View Post
thanks for this CG, i didnt mean to indicate that living apart was a reason for a declined answer i appologise, i hold my hands up i honestly thought it could be a indicating factor, i know what thought did lol it thought wrong lol. I some how keep worrying about this visa lately and im not sure why as i have supplied them with all the required information, Nerves i think lol

Thank you hun
No worries, Louise! We're all here to learn, and all of us have emotions running high and nerves on edge because of how much we have at stake. We're all here to support each other. I hope 2013 brings you everything you ever wanted. *hugs*

melandabdul and louiseb like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 785
Users Flag! From australia

229 likes received
377 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMwangi View Post
All medicals were done a long while back and anything that need to be checked up on or signed was done very quickly after that. I was told that nothing else needed to be sent/handed in.

We were going to wait until it hit the 18mth mark and then try and kick them up the butt to see what the hell was going on. Only because I personally know two people (english and american) whose visas took 18mths.

But, I think I will email our CO again on Thursday and ask. We're both aware that my man may need to do medicals again (simply because of the length of time we've been waiting), but apart from that I don't get what's going on either. So frustrating.
Honey you are stronger than me. I am not sure I could sit still if I was still waiting at 16 months. Are you guys apart or together?

You mentioned the people you knew who waited 18 months...were they Aus and English and Aus and American?


  #25 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:13 PM
MrsMwangi's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 25
Users Flag! From australia

15 likes received
12 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by melandabdul View Post
Honey you are stronger than me. I am not sure I could sit still if I was still waiting at 16 months. Are you guys apart or together?

You mentioned the people you knew who waited 18 months...were they Aus and English and Aus and American?
We're apart. I wish we were together. We haven't seen each other in 2yrs, but still as strong as ever. If anything, this has made us stronger.

The people who waited 18mths, one was American and the other English.

CollegeGirl and louiseb like this.

  #26 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:25 PM
louiseb's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Australia now, but lived in Malta born in the UK
Posts: 1,036
Users Flag! From australia

270 likes received
287 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to louiseb
Im sat here reading Mrs M,s story and im so upset right now and i mean im welling up here, oh wow 16 months apart and they are still stronger than ever, some people would have given up by now, oh how sad i feel for you i really do, my heart goes out to you both, Surely it shouldnt take 18 months, and here,s me winging because ive being waiting since May, oh my i wish you both the best of luck, i really do.
Louise

melandabdul likes this.
__________________
i wish to see the smiles of loved ones reunited after months of waiting, god bless you all


  #27 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2013, 12:20 AM
kttykat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,377
Users Flag! From usa

513 likes received
218 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMwangi View Post
They waived our interview, so we haven't had one. Not sure what that means, I was hoping it was a good thing though.
I don't think you will have a problem, he owns two shops so has assets, you are working even though it is part time, if you are above the poverty line it will be OK. If you have assets then even better. I rang immigration to ask about this issue as my husband hasn't worked for a time as he was doing a degree but he had money in the bank.

Kttykat




melandabdul likes this.
__________________

  #28 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 785
Users Flag! From australia

229 likes received
377 likes given
Is there a big age difference with you and your partner Louise? They seem to focus on that quite a bit.


  #29 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:57 AM
louiseb's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Australia now, but lived in Malta born in the UK
Posts: 1,036
Users Flag! From australia

270 likes received
287 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to louiseb
Quote:
Originally Posted by melandabdul View Post
Is there a big age difference with you and your partner Louise? They seem to focus on that quite a bit.
HI hun well not really Kevin bless him is an old 55yr old lol and im a middle aged past her sell by date 45 year old, i wouldnt say im sleeping with my grandfather there,s only 10 years between us, would you say this is a worry for them.

__________________
i wish to see the smiles of loved ones reunited after months of waiting, god bless you all


  #30 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 785
Users Flag! From australia

229 likes received
377 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiseb View Post
HI hun well not really Kevin bless him is an old 55yr old lol and im a middle aged past her sell by date 45 year old, i wouldnt say im sleeping with my grandfather there,s only 10 years between us, would you say this is a worry for them.
Honey I don't think this is a problem at all. I just asked cos I have seen where they have used age difference as a reason to refuse a visa...well one of the reason.

There is an age difference of 7 years with me and my love so I guess when I saw this I paid attention but I can't fathom how they can draw such a conclusion to be honest. The age difference of the couple I know got rejected and age was one of the factors it was 14 years.

Please know I am not making a judgement in asking..I am asking so I can help you understand what I know I have seen as issues with others applications.

To me age is not a factor in love.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
religious reasons for not living together Roses Visas and immigration 2 08-05-2012 07:46 AM
How common is no further stay on a 3 month tourist visa from France??? holly Visas and immigration 1 01-09-2012 12:23 AM
Reasons for a 485 being rejected? laleonessa Visas and immigration 1 08-24-2010 03:29 PM
Are spouse rejections common? freddo Visas and immigration 4 03-07-2010 09:55 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:49 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com