Qualified Teacher and Journalist from the UK - which visa?

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Qualified Teacher and Journalist from the UK - which visa?

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:20 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From uk

Qualified Teacher and Journalist from the UK - which visa?

Good morning,

I am a 33-year-old qualified teacher from the University of Southern Queensland. I also worked as a Journalist and communications specialist for seven years.

I studied long distance and currently teach in an International Primary school in Korea. I worked for the government in Melbourne in 2002 for a year on a working holiday visa.

My qualification is in General Primary School teaching but I have two years teaching experience in Special Needs and Performing Arts but I do not have specific qualifications in this area.

I would be willing to be placed anywhere in Australia although many of my friends are in Melbourne. I would work as a CRT and supply teacher in Australia but I can't see a visa that would allow me to do this.

Can I register as a special needs teacher if I do not have the special needs qualification but experience and excellent references? Is there a visa I can apply for that would allow me to work in supply and CRT in Victoria? If I apply to emigrate how quickly could I gain a visa?

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Best regards


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
visa 457 teacher emilybarkway Visas and immigration 5 04-15-2013 07:01 PM
Am I qualified to get Australian Visa? aussievisa Visas and immigration 3 11-21-2012 01:16 AM
French Teacher with a Working Holiday Visa Frenchee Jobs and work 0 10-03-2012 03:19 PM
Finding graduate/qualified job on 820 de facto visa GermanGirl Visas and immigration 2 10-16-2011 08:37 PM
Possible teacher. Do i need X ray of chest for work holiday VISA swimminggerman Visas and immigration 5 02-03-2011 12:49 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.