485 subsequent entrant processing time - Page 69

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree28Likes

485 subsequent entrant processing time - Page 69


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #681 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2019, 04:17 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 6
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit3119 View Post
you should finish medicals before applying for visa so it will save your time afterwards
Thanks Rohit...Will generate HAP ID also...

Do I need to include any document checklist also also


Reply With Quote
  #682 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2019, 07:13 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 23
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kultej.singh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit3119 View Post
you should finish medicals before applying for visa so it will save your time afterwards
Thanks Rohit...Will generate HAP ID also...

Do I need to include any document checklist also also
No all the docs are covered👍


Reply With Quote
  #683 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2019, 03:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 73
Users Flag! From stkitts_nevis

2 likes received
no news so far today?


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #684 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2019, 04:04 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 17
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Yup
Its a sickening wait for visa.
Hope everyone will get it soon.
Cheers


Reply With Quote
  #685 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2019, 05:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 104
Users Flag! From india

Hie everyone,

I filed my student subsequent subclass 500 on 10th july and medical was completed on 30th aug.

Now my husband's visa is expiring on 15th march, so he is going to file 485.

After waiting for 8 months there is no news from the embassy so having no other option i will have to withdraw my student subsequent and re-apply after my husband gets his visa.

So in this case will my processing time get reduced as i am already waiting from 8 months???


Reply With Quote
  #686 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2019, 05:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 73
Users Flag! From stkitts_nevis

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmpatel View Post
Hie everyone,

I filed my student subsequent subclass 500 on 10th july and medical was completed on 30th aug.

Now my husband's visa is expiring on 15th march, so he is going to file 485.

After waiting for 8 months there is no news from the embassy so having no other option i will have to withdraw my student subsequent and re-apply after my husband gets his visa.

So in this case will my processing time get reduced as i am already waiting from 8 months???
I dont think the time can reduce. Maybe you can apply for a visitor visa then apply with your husband onshore?


Reply With Quote
  #687 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2019, 05:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 64
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
11 likes given
Hey Bmpatel,

Sorry to hear that, it is becoming more complicated now!

There is no turnaround time exemption/dispensation for applicants who have more than one visa application in the DHA system. However, the case officer may spend less time on the application assessment which might reduce the turnaround time by a couple of weeks only.

Please also bear in mind in relation to 485 visa If the family members are onshore, the main applicant can include family members in the visa application at the time of lodgement. However, if the family members are offshore, they can apply for this visa as subsequent entrants upon the grant of the visa of the main applicant.

This means drop SE500, your husband should lodge 485 and then you can lodge SE485 once your husband's 485 visa has been granted. This process will take perhaps 3+3 months.

You can travel to Australia on a visitor visa if you are from a low-risk country or have good travel history (e.g visited Europe, USA before) to get around it.

Wish you all the best and hope this helps.

Dan


Reply With Quote
  #688 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2019, 05:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 104
Users Flag! From india

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1990 View Post
Hey Bmpatel,

Sorry to hear that, it is becoming more complicated now!

There is no turnaround time exemption/dispensation for applicants who have more than one visa application in the DHA system. However, the case officer may spend less time on the application assessment which might reduce the turnaround time by a couple of weeks only.

Please also bear in mind in relation to 485 visa If the family members are onshore, the main applicant can include family members in the visa application at the time of lodgement. However, if the family members are offshore, they can apply for this visa as subsequent entrants upon the grant of the visa of the main applicant.

This means drop SE500, your husband should lodge 485 and then you can lodge SE485 once your husband's 485 visa has been granted. This process will take perhaps 3+3 months.

You can travel to Australia on a visitor visa if you are from a low-risk country or have good travel history (e.g visited Europe, USA before) to get around it.

Wish you all the best and hope this helps.

Dan
Thanks Dan, Yes i can apply only after my husband gets the grant. It's really frustrated that i have already waited for 8 months and now again for 6 more months. High comm is taking too long for SE500


Reply With Quote
  #689 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2019, 05:22 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 24
Users Flag! From philippines

1 likes received
Hi everyone! I have another question:

How long is the processing time if the application is on "Further Assessment" status?


Reply With Quote
  #690 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2019, 11:45 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 29
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope27 View Post
Hi everyone! I have another question:

How long is the processing time if the application is on "Further Assessment" status?
hey, it depends on number of documents u have provided. in further documents i had dubmitted only my medical and it took about one month for them to grant thr visa. so if u have submitted other documents too then it might take longer than one month.
but u never know exactly. so just hope for the best.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
485 de facto partner, 485 subsequent entrant visa

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
485 Subsequent Entrant Fees NorwegianPete Visas and immigration 3 07-16-2017 03:05 PM
485 Subsequent Entrant Visa ozsikh Visas and immigration 0 04-04-2013 09:00 PM
485 Subsequent Entrant Visa charlie123 Visas and immigration 3 10-22-2012 10:23 AM
485 subsequent entrant Visa soumya Visas and immigration 2 02-29-2012 10:31 AM
Time for tr 485 subsequent entrant vipul Visas and immigration 12 08-17-2010 05:49 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:39 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com