CPAA Skilled Employment Advice - Page 3

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree7Likes

CPAA Skilled Employment Advice - Page 3


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2013, 01:57 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by tresha0206 View Post
Hi Ives, wow !!! Congrats !!!.. I am thinking if what else documents do CPA Australia required to start work .. I am not applying for skilled visa but I want to review what sort of qualification they need I am on final stage for 309 visa June 2013.

I applied for CPA Australia assessment for review and CPA exam because I like to take study and hopefully get their licence , They sent me acknowledgement and request to submit Certified Copy of the Requirements like description of all accounting, tax, finance etc that i took in University. When I visit Aussi last year some of Filipino advised me to take CERTIFICATE IV in accounting in TAFE university.

Although I am searching online information accounting in Aussi but I will really appreciate if you can share a link. Thanks.
Hi Tresha,

Thank you!

In my case, all my subjects met the CPAA Foundation level requirements except for Accounting Theory. So when I passed that exam last Dec 2012 (which I took online here in the Phil), I was admitted as Associate Member (paid the correspoding fees also). The Prof level plus practical requirments will be my next steps. But will do that once I have started working in Au. Im still here in the Phil, I plan to migrate by Jan next year. Which state do you plan to live? How was the job market for accountant migrants like us when you had your visit? Thank you.


Last edited by IVES; 07-01-2013 at 02:11 AM.

  #22 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2013, 02:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 139
Users Flag! From philippines

31 likes received
56 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by IVES View Post
Hi Tresha,
In my case, all my subjects met the CPAA Foundation level requirements except for Accounting Theory. So when I passed that exam last Dec 2012 (which I took online here in the Phil), I was admitted as Associate Member (paid the correspoding fees also). The Prof level plus practical requirments will be my next steps. But will do that once I have started working in Au. Im still here in the Phil, I plan to migrate by Jan next year. Which state do you plan to live? How was the job market for accountant migrants like us when you had your visit? Thank you.
Wow Congrats,,

I stayed in Mackay QLD it's more on mining industry and expensive cost of living. But the cost of salary in mining is higher than others, thats what I noticed when I look online package of salary for accountant.You can also search here in this forum the state which has offer a lot accounting Jobs. It depends I think in your previous experience. I will get my records this week and hope to Submit before August 2013. I will PM you next time

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #23 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2013, 02:28 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by tresha0206 View Post
Wow Congrats,,

I stayed in Mackay QLD it's more on mining industry and expensive cost of living. But the cost of salary in mining is higher than others, thats what I noticed when I look online package of salary for accountant.You can also search here in this forum the state which has offer a lot accounting Jobs. It depends I think in your previous experience. I will get my records this week and hope to Submit before August 2013. I will PM you next time
Thanks Tresh!
I worked as a financial analyst for more than 5 years (budget, financial analysis, forecasting, etc). I have a relative in Sydney but I heard that it's a saturated market. Anyway, for the subject requirements, I submitted to CPAA my transcript of records, detailed description of all the subjects I took in the university, and degree certificates. They will examine if the subjects you took match their course requirement criteria. If all qualifies, then you will be admitted as an associate member and qualifies for the prof level exams - which is final requirement for full CPA status. Hope this helps.

All the best!


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 139
Users Flag! From philippines

31 likes received
56 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by IVES View Post
Thanks Tresh!
I worked as a financial analyst for more than 5 years (budget, financial analysis, forecasting, etc). I have a relative in Sydney but I heard that it's a saturated market. Anyway, for the subject requirements, I submitted to CPAA my transcript of records, detailed description of all the subjects I took in the university, and degree certificates. They will examine if the subjects you took match their course requirement criteria. If all qualifies, then you will be admitted as an associate member and qualifies for the prof level exams - which is final requirement for full CPA status. Hope this helps.

All the best!
Hi Ive's Thanks For that , Nice work eperience Yes together with their acknowledgement receipt for the assessment they sent me also same requirements as you said. Until now I didn't submit yet but hopefully I will this month. Need to prepare for the enrollment because need effort and cost lots of money

Home this is the CPA Australia I applied for assessment. Temporarily while I'm waiting for the visa I took exam for "Registered Cost Accountant and Certified Bookkeeper for Australia at NIAT.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #25 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2013, 05:20 AM
GBP GBP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,366
Users Flag! From australia

466 likes received
60 likes given
NIAT, IPA of Australia signs Memorandum of Agreement
The National Institute of Accounting Technicians (NIAT) together with the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) of Australia signed a Memorandum of Agreement that will provide benefits to all Certified Accounting Technicians of NIAT to directly apply for membership to the IPA of Australia.

Become a member

This might interest you, Tresha.

irina_pandey likes this.

  #26 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 139
Users Flag! From philippines

31 likes received
56 likes given
Hi GBP ,thats good news because i already passed the Certified accounting technician at NIAT this 2013.i need to take exam again for level 2 to complete the title CAT.i can share my reviewer if ur interested .the exam fee is cheaper if CPA and student

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #27 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 139
Users Flag! From philippines

31 likes received
56 likes given
Hi GBA im inspired with your post.at least i can apply for membership for australia CAT. but u saw thr renewal of licence or membership yearly...cost a lot too
.im a member also of NIAT .thank u

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #28 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2013, 03:29 PM
GBP GBP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,366
Users Flag! From australia

466 likes received
60 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by tresha0206 View Post
Hi GBA im inspired with your post.at least i can apply for membership for australia CAT. but u saw thr renewal of licence or membership yearly...cost a lot too
.im a member also of NIAT .thank u
Unfortunately, every professional body is charging high membership fee.

tresha0206 likes this.

  #29 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2013, 04:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 139
Users Flag! From philippines

31 likes received
56 likes given
Hi GBP .i would like to ask the $950 enrollment fee for CPA australia prof level : is it per segment pay or full payment for all subject
thanks

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #30 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2013, 04:17 PM
GBP GBP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,366
Users Flag! From australia

466 likes received
60 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by tresha0206 View Post
Hi GBP .i would like to ask the $950 enrollment fee for CPA australia prof level : is it per segment pay or full payment for all subject
thanks
Unfortunately, it is $950 for one segment. And you need to take 6 segments in total.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Negative Skills Assessment from CPAA ANZCO code 22111 tassy1810 Visas and immigration 3 08-22-2014 06:10 PM
Advice please.... Skilled worker Sanford Visas and immigration 3 01-24-2013 09:42 PM
whv --> defacto or skilled independant? Need advice, please!! LadyT Visas and immigration 3 10-21-2012 09:42 AM
skilled employment requirement januarian Visas and immigration 0 07-24-2012 04:59 AM
Advice on skilled migration visa bhallas Visas and immigration 1 02-04-2011 11:28 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:53 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com