Spouse Visa - a few questions

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1Likes

Spouse Visa - a few questions


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2016, 03:17 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From austria

1 likes given
Spouse Visa - a few questions

Hey y'all!
I have a few questions about the spouse visa

My aussie boyfriend and me want to get the spouse visa, so I can live with him in Australia.

As we are having a long-distance relationship since 1,5 years, we have never "officially" lived together. That means: no shared bank account, no shared household, no shared anything..

Do you think that might be big problem?

And now to the Agent: has anyone of you used a visa agent?
Do you think an agent is a good idea, is it might comes to complications coz of the missing "shared" stuff?

Bridging Visa: When do you apply for this visa?

And one more question: As I'm from Austria, I'd need to get my documents translated. Does anyone of you know how much that could cost?

Thanks in advance!


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2016, 07:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Syney NSW
Posts: 5,274
Users Flag! From australia

889 likes received
383 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by metty313 View Post
Hey y'all!
I have a few questions about the spouse visa

My aussie boyfriend and me want to get the spouse visa, so I can live with him in Australia.

As we are having a long-distance relationship since 1,5 years, we have never "officially" lived together. That means: no shared bank account, no shared household, no shared anything..

Do you think that might be big problem?

And now to the Agent: has anyone of you used a visa agent?
Do you think an agent is a good idea, is it might comes to complications coz of the missing "shared" stuff?

Bridging Visa: When do you apply for this visa?

And one more question: As I'm from Austria, I'd need to get my documents translated. Does anyone of you know how much that could cost?

Thanks in advance!
You will not be granted a partner visa unless you have evidence that you satisfy the 'spousal relationship' criteria.

You do not apply for a bridging visa. Bridging visas are granted automatically, but only to onshore applicants.

You might be well advised to apply for a prospective marriage visa, but this cannot be done onshore.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about developing a visa strategy?

__________________
Westly Russell
Registered Migration Agent
Number 0316072
pinoyau.com

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2016, 07:49 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From austria

1 likes given
Hey wrussell, thanks for your reply!

I just wonder how other long-distance couples do it.. It seems to be impossible / risky.
He even lived with me for 3 months. But we don't have bills or anything, as we haven't thought about it back then..
Of course we have heaps of pictures, "love-letters", messages, screenshots of hour-long conversations, travels etc etc..

Th prospective marriage visa: I'm just looking into it. I'm a bit confused though about the payment and I can't find an answer online. Maybe you can help me?
So I'd need to pay the PMV (6000-something) and then, when we are married, I need to pay another 6000 for the spouse visa?


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2016, 07:55 PM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,557
Users Flag! From australia

2421 likes received
181 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by metty313 View Post

Th prospective marriage visa: I'm just looking into it. I'm a bit confused though about the payment and I can't find an answer online. Maybe you can help me?
So I'd need to pay the PMV (6000-something) and then, when we are married, I need to pay another 6000 for the spouse visa?
The cost of the PMV is $ 6865.00. The cost of a subsequent sc. 820/801 visa is $ 1140.00 if you are the holder of a PMV.

metty313 likes this.
__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2016, 07:57 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From austria

1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMS View Post
The cost of the PMV is $ 6865.00. The cost of a subsequent sc. 820/801 visa is $ 1140.00 if you are the holder of a PMV.
aah that's good to hear, I was worried about that!
Thank you!


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2016, 08:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Canberra
Posts: 579
Users Flag! From germany

130 likes received
58 likes given
EDIT: Didn't realise that Austria doesn't have a working holiday agreement with Australia. My bad.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Last edited by JanneKL; 11-06-2016 at 08:06 PM.

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From austria

1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanneKL View Post
EDIT: Didn't realise that Austria doesn't have a working holiday agreement with Australia. My bad.
yeah, that's our problem :/ otherwise it could be so easy!
Because that means that we don't even have the chance of living together for so long..
Maybe they would see this as something like a "special case"?

But of course we wouldn't want to spend so much money for a "maybe"..

And to the agent: does anybody has a good address for visa agents in Perth?


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2016, 09:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
When I applied PMV 300, my partner and I had never live together and had no joint accounts. He had transferred me money so we used that as financial evidence, and he would buy groceries and pay for things while he was visiting. We didn't live together but when he would visit he would help with household chores, so we put that in our statements as well.

I think they understand that the PMV is offshore and many people will not have been able to live together first. But if the relationship is genuine and you have all intentions to marry your spouse and live in Australia together, then you should have enough evidence to apply.

What I like most about the PMV is it allows you and your partner time to live together before marrying and applying next stage.


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2016, 09:45 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From austria

1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
When I applied PMV 300, my partner and I had never live together and had no joint accounts. He had transferred me money so we used that as financial evidence, and he would buy groceries and pay for things while he was visiting. We didn't live together but when he would visit he would help with household chores, so we put that in our statements as well.

I think they understand that the PMV is offshore and many people will not have been able to live together first. But if the relationship is genuine and you have all intentions to marry your spouse and live in Australia together, then you should have enough evidence to apply.

What I like most about the PMV is it allows you and your partner time to live together before marrying and applying next stage.
Hey! Thanks for your answer

Yeah, at the PMV you don't need to live with each other for 12 months. At the Spouse Visa you do

Well my partner has bought all my flights to australia so far. So maybe this would count as "financial support"?

I wonder how you would proof who has bought the groceries? Maybe when you pay with credit card? I never used credit card for groceries so I have no idea if you find the name or so on the bill?
I have pictures of him cooking in my kitchen though haha

I'm not sure for which visa i should go for..
Souse visa Pro: I don't NEED to marry + I'd get the bridging Visa
Con: It's risky as I don't have everything they want

PMV Pro: I don't need the 12 months living together
Con: No bridging Visa + I'd have ro marry within 9 months..

P.S.: I'd like to marry. But I think its a quite unromantic way to go it like that :/


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2016, 10:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Sorry when you said "spouse visa" it sounded like you were already planning to marry... you should prob say "de facto."

And we never uploaded evidence of him buying groceries or anything like that. We just mentioned it in the application. I suppose we could have uploaded bank statements of his time visiting but didn't bother. As for the flights, you can upload the receipt of payment that would have your partner's name on it as the purchaser.


Closed Thread

Tags
de facto visa help, spouse, spouse and tourist, spouse visa, spouse visa (de vacto visa ), spouse visa australia

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spouse visa questions......... LazyDazy1 Visas and immigration 2 09-04-2013 11:57 PM
Prospective Spouse Visa - A Few Questions prosmart Visas and immigration 8 08-31-2013 10:36 PM
Few questions regarding to the PMV and Spouse Visa fumoffu1089 Visas and immigration 2 05-30-2013 02:21 PM
Questions regarding spouse visa (Pakistan) rackspace Visas and immigration 1 04-15-2012 10:24 PM
just a few questions about a spouse visa mrs brown Visas and immigration 1 07-05-2011 02:43 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:53 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com