Partner visa applications in Pretoria... South Africa - Page 23

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree108Likes

Partner visa applications in Pretoria... South Africa - Page 23


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #221 (permalink)  
Old 05-18-2017, 09:10 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 13
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes given
Hey Selwyn,
My fiance is also from a high risk (Lebanon) and then has lived in a high risk (Liberia) all his life. Our timeline for medicals and police clearance are pretty much the same as yours. We never heard anything from the Pretoria office before today and the 'status' on the application on immiaccount never changed, I checked it two days ago and it just said "received" and then this morning we got the grant email. So it seems you get no notice about when it will be granted.

I don't know how the system works in terms of processing, I think we were just really lucky for it to be granted so fast. I wish you the best of luck with everything. I know it will come through for you, and hopefully, it will be very soon.

We don't think we can actually move until the end of the year as we both have work commitments, but it is still nice to have the visa so we can do proper planning.

Thinking of you and hoping you get lucky like we did!!


Reply With Quote
  #222 (permalink)  
Old 05-18-2017, 09:53 AM
Selwyn's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 309
Users Flag! From mauritius

63 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by soro View Post
Hey Selwyn,
My fiance is also from a high risk (Lebanon) and then has lived in a high risk (Liberia) all his life. Our timeline for medicals and police clearance are pretty much the same as yours. We never heard anything from the Pretoria office before today and the 'status' on the application on immiaccount never changed, I checked it two days ago and it just said "received" and then this morning we got the grant email. So it seems you get no notice about when it will be granted.

I don't know how the system works in terms of processing, I think we were just really lucky for it to be granted so fast. I wish you the best of luck with everything. I know it will come through for you, and hopefully, it will be very soon.

We don't think we can actually move until the end of the year as we both have work commitments, but it is still nice to have the visa so we can do proper planning.

Thinking of you and hoping you get lucky like we did!!
Thanks a lot Soro! Crossing fingers and toes... You are right, it is always nice to get the visa asap so that we can do proper planning. Thank you also for sharing these details as this kind of given some little hope.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #223 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2017, 05:56 AM
Selwyn's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 309
Users Flag! From mauritius

63 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekatina View Post
The case officer requested more information on the 10th March which I supplied to them within 2 weeks. I emailed them on the 9th May to follow up as we have been waiting 11 months and the medical will be expiring on the 14th June as per their request to do it at that time. I received an email last week advising that its still processing and will advise if they require any more information from me. 9th June we will be reaching our 12 month mark and is getting frustrating as they don't really provide no feedback at all. Hoping everyone gets there's before EOFY.
Any update dear??

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #224 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2017, 08:59 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes given
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Loulaa View Post
Hi guys,

Just an update to let you know my partner's visa was accepted last Thursday, 13 April 2017!!

We applied on 14 March 2016, then requested to do his medical by the case officer and submit new Zambian police clearance on 16 March 2017. All information requested was submitted to immigration on 11 April 2017 and we had a grant letter by 13 April (2 days later!)

He is Zambian so we applied online however the application was assessed through Pretoria.

Goodluck to everyone else waiting - it feels like it will never come! and then it simply does.. hang in there.
That's amazing, congrats to you
Seems the timeline is about 13 months My hubby is in South Africa and we have only just applied in March


Reply With Quote
  #225 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2017, 10:23 AM
Bekatina's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 37
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes received
21 likes given
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selwyn View Post
Any update dear??
Immigration emailed me last week asking for more supporting documents to show our marriage is registered in the court house in Nigeria. Our family is getting all the relevant documents on our behalf and should email them next week with all the documents which they have given us 28 days to issue. It took them 7 weeks for other documents to come back to ask for more. I guess at least I know they are looking at the papers. Hopefully this will be the last time they ask for more. It will be 12 months on friday since we applied. Have booked to go and see my husband next month as its now been 8 months since we saw each other.

Hopefully you get some information on yours soon. Will keep you updated.


Reply With Quote
  #226 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2017, 12:02 PM
Selwyn's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 309
Users Flag! From mauritius

63 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekatina View Post
Immigration emailed me last week asking for more supporting documents to show our marriage is registered in the court house in Nigeria. Our family is getting all the relevant documents on our behalf and should email them next week with all the documents which they have given us 28 days to issue. It took them 7 weeks for other documents to come back to ask for more. I guess at least I know they are looking at the papers. Hopefully this will be the last time they ask for more. It will be 12 months on friday since we applied. Have booked to go and see my husband next month as its now been 8 months since we saw each other.

Hopefully you get some information on yours soon. Will keep you updated.
Thanks a lot for sharing. Definitely it's a relief to know that they are actively looking at your application and I hope that's the last piece of info required so they can grant you the visa (would have been best had they requested this info since last communication itself).

Yes please do keep us posted as soon as you get an update.

My application just completed 8 months, so I'm sure I won't hear anything so soon. Anyway, crossing fingers.

Bekatina likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #227 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2017, 05:42 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 19
Users Flag! From southafrica

4 likes received
5 likes given
Just wanted to see if anyone in South Africa has a GOOD migration agent they would recommend? I want to apply for a tourist visa and I really don't want to mess it up! I'm based in Cape Town/Durban.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #228 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2017, 06:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,984
Users Flag! From australia

1454 likes received
403 likes given
There are several that often post on here, they are all very good.

I think you will find them better than a SA based one.

robyn92 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #229 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2017, 08:26 AM
Selwyn's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 309
Users Flag! From mauritius

63 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn92 View Post
Just wanted to see if anyone in South Africa has a GOOD migration agent they would recommend? I want to apply for a tourist visa and I really don't want to mess it up! I'm based in Cape Town/Durban.
Hi robyn92! No offense to SA Agents, but I can confirm that those agents from Oz who often post here are really good, as confirmed by ampk. You can def consider them...

Bekatina likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #230 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2017, 08:33 AM
Selwyn's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 309
Users Flag! From mauritius

63 likes received
33 likes given
Btw, in one of your previous post you had mentioned "if I haven't heard after 8 months I can call again and they will be able to give me specific updates on my visa. As of 21 June I will be phoning all day everyday!".

So, did you call? Any progress? My application would be 9 months tomorrow and last week I finally got a response on my 3rd follow up emails but the lady simply said the waiting time is 12-17 months.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hello from south africa muhammadradhia New member introductions 0 05-06-2016 07:24 PM
Hi from South Africa oliviajane New member introductions 2 05-02-2015 02:38 PM
Partner Visa - Pretoria South Africa dinelg Visas and immigration 27 08-12-2011 01:43 AM
New member: From South Africa McSpafter New member introductions 0 02-21-2011 07:39 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:30 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com