Partner visa applications in Pretoria... South Africa - Page 24

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree108Likes

Partner visa applications in Pretoria... South Africa - Page 24


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #231 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2017, 09:07 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 19
Users Flag! From southafrica

4 likes received
5 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selwyn View Post
Btw, in one of your previous post you had mentioned "if I haven't heard after 8 months I can call again and they will be able to give me specific updates on my visa. As of 21 June I will be phoning all day everyday!".

So, did you call? Any progress? My application would be 9 months tomorrow and last week I finally got a response on my 3rd follow up emails but the lady simply said the waiting time is 12-17 months.
Oh my goodness Selwyn, it's been a very frustrating week! I've spoken to them on the phone once (after a half an hour wait), and emailed three times and each response I've had has been so vague and they never answer simple yes and no questions (or come close to it in fact). I don't know if this is just because it is based in South Africa but I was very underwhelmed by my interactions! Basically they said just look at the updated waiting times on the DIPB website which say 75% of applications (for 309 which is my subclass) are processed in 11 months globally and 95% in 15 months. Which is literally NO help. The only thing they remotely helped with was that they said I am allowed to apply for a tourist visit and that they expect it of people waiting on partner visas (with the obvious caveat of "but each application is assessed individually and we cannot guarantee the outcome" blah blah blah). So the tourist visa it is!

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #232 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2017, 09:59 AM
Selwyn's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 309
Users Flag! From mauritius

63 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn92 View Post
Oh my goodness Selwyn, it's been a very frustrating week! I've spoken to them on the phone once (after a half an hour wait), and emailed three times and each response I've had has been so vague and they never answer simple yes and no questions (or come close to it in fact). I don't know if this is just because it is based in South Africa but I was very underwhelmed by my interactions! Basically they said just look at the updated waiting times on the DIPB website which say 75% of applications (for 309 which is my subclass) are processed in 11 months globally and 95% in 15 months. Which is literally NO help. The only thing they remotely helped with was that they said I am allowed to apply for a tourist visit and that they expect it of people waiting on partner visas (with the obvious caveat of "but each application is assessed individually and we cannot guarantee the outcome" blah blah blah). So the tourist visa it is!
I've made some research here and on SA Australia forums, and I noted that 300 and 309 applications were being granted between 2-6 months prior to 2016 (Even a Mauritian got hers in 2-3 months). You might think they changed the Global Processing times, but applicants from UK/Canada/Germany are being processed between 1-6 months currently!

This processing time is having an impact on our distance relationship and it's really making me worried unfortunately. We are also unable to plan the future (when to come exactly/when to get married/when to start applying for jobs there/etc), I'm unable to plan my current work plan (3 months notice period/looking for a candidate to replace me/etc) and also on my personal projects...

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #233 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2017, 10:47 AM
Bekatina's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 37
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes received
21 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selwyn View Post
Btw, in one of your previous post you had mentioned "if I haven't heard after 8 months I can call again and they will be able to give me specific updates on my visa. As of 21 June I will be phoning all day everyday!".

So, did you call? Any progress? My application would be 9 months tomorrow and last week I finally got a response on my 3rd follow up emails but the lady simply said the waiting time is 12-17 months.
Hi Selwyn,

Hope you are doing well.

I sent my papers immigration have asked for. Our Visa will be 13mths on the 9th July and last time it took them 7 wks before they replied that they required more information as Pretoria are conducting the checks and to be honest they are so slow. Will keep you posted but am travelling in August to visit my husband and hopefully will have news by then to come home together.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #234 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2017, 10:59 AM
Selwyn's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 309
Users Flag! From mauritius

63 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekatina View Post
Hi Selwyn,

Hope you are doing well.

I sent my papers immigration have asked for. Our Visa will be 13mths on the 9th July and last time it took them 7 wks before they replied that they required more information as Pretoria are conducting the checks and to be honest they are so slow. Will keep you posted but am travelling in August to visit my husband and hopefully will have news by then to come home together.
Hi Bekatina!

I'm doing well thank you and trust you too.

Been thinking of you, as you are the one who's currently being assessed and close to getting the grant. I hope you will get the grant asap so that you're relieved of this stress and also to help you plan the future.

Yes please keep us posted.

Bekatina likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #235 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2017, 11:54 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 19
Users Flag! From southafrica

4 likes received
5 likes given
Angry A lack-of-update update

I thought I'd post a small update/share my misery with you all!

I contacted the high commission again yesterday to update them on new addresses and such because the immi online form wasn't working. At the end of my e-mail I asked if there was any further information they required with regards to the changes and the in the reply they said:

"Further information, if required, will be requested when your application is under assessment."

I know there's a small chance that was just a generic response but so frustrating to think my application has been sitting with them for nearly NINE months and they might not have even looked at it! We will be submitting an application for a tourist visa in August because this waiting is becoming a bit ridiculous but still holding thumbs they miraculously decide before hand.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #236 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2017, 12:04 PM
Selwyn's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 309
Users Flag! From mauritius

63 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn92 View Post
I thought I'd post a small update/share my misery with you all!

I contacted the high commission again yesterday to update them on new addresses and such because the immi online form wasn't working. At the end of my e-mail I asked if there was any further information they required with regards to the changes and the in the reply they said:

"Further information, if required, will be requested when your application is under assessment."

I know there's a small chance that was just a generic response but so frustrating to think my application has been sitting with them for nearly NINE months and they might not have even looked at it! We will be submitting an application for a tourist visa in August because this waiting is becoming a bit ridiculous but still holding thumbs they miraculously decide before hand.
They also said my application has not been assessed yet. So, maybe a little chance it's just the generic response to push us away. It's definitely frustrating and me being Non-SA would be worst. A few cases where applicants have applied for Tourist Visa have made their current PMV/PV application got processed a bit more quickly, even before Tourist Visa being granted. So, let's hope yours as well.

Hopefully our friend Bekatina shall get her grant soon, so that our application move 1 step next in queue (crossing fingers!)

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #237 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2017, 01:59 PM
Selwyn's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 309
Users Flag! From mauritius

63 likes received
33 likes given
@ Bekatina - Any updates?? You already crossed 13 months!

It really sucks when there are no updates from Immigration office...

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #238 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2017, 06:38 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
Updates?

Hi there!
Just wondering if anyone has had any good news with their visa? We are still separated and waiting, it's been nearly 15 months since we applied and the pain is unbearable...we had a visitor visa but it expired in May so my husband had to leave to go back to Zambia whilst I'm in Melbourne. We have applied for another visitor visa as we can't bear to be a part, our agent can't tell us when the partner visa will be granted as it says 90% are decided within 15 months but looks like we are the unlucky 10%...just reaching out to see if anyone is in the same boat ie. did 15 months pass for anyone yet with no response from immigration? if so have you been in touch with the immigration minister?
Thanks in advance
Please pray for us.


Reply With Quote
  #239 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2017, 06:54 AM
Selwyn's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 309
Users Flag! From mauritius

63 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeez View Post
Hi there!
Just wondering if anyone has had any good news with their visa? We are still separated and waiting, it's been nearly 15 months since we applied and the pain is unbearable...we had a visitor visa but it expired in May so my husband had to leave to go back to Zambia whilst I'm in Melbourne. We have applied for another visitor visa as we can't bear to be a part, our agent can't tell us when the partner visa will be granted as it says 90% are decided within 15 months but looks like we are the unlucky 10%...just reaching out to see if anyone is in the same boat ie. did 15 months pass for anyone yet with no response from immigration? if so have you been in touch with the immigration minister?
Thanks in advance
Please pray for us.
OMG I'm really sorry to hear this Abeez! So you have not heard anything from them at all since you applied in May 2016?? Not even a request for medicals and PCC? Can you send them an email and do follow ups every alternate days.

Me too I've not heard anything from a CO except a reply to my email (after sending 2-3 emails) stating that my application has not been assessed yet and that the PMV timeline is as per the website (now it's 14-19 months!)

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #240 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2017, 07:15 AM
Bekatina's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 37
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes received
21 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selwyn View Post
@ Bekatina - Any updates?? You already crossed 13 months!

It really sucks when there are no updates from Immigration office...
Hi Selwyn,

No news as yet. It will be 5 weeks on Friday since we resubmitted the extra information they required regarding our marriage certificate. Last time they requested this it took them 7-8 weeks to respond asking for more information which if its the same time frame will be the time I am in Malaysia visiting my husband. Our visa will be coming up to 14 months on the 9th August. Hoping this will be finalised by September.

Will keep in touch but at least I know they are looking at our papers, our visa is with the immigration in Malaysia but they are getting the Pretoria office to conduct checks and they are very slow doing this.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hello from south africa muhammadradhia New member introductions 0 05-06-2016 07:24 PM
Hi from South Africa oliviajane New member introductions 2 05-02-2015 02:38 PM
Partner Visa - Pretoria South Africa dinelg Visas and immigration 27 08-12-2011 01:43 AM
New member: From South Africa McSpafter New member introductions 0 02-21-2011 07:39 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:29 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com