Partner visa applications in Pretoria... South Africa - Page 52

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree89Likes

Partner visa applications in Pretoria... South Africa - Page 52


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #511 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2019, 05:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 83
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope28 View Post
Do you receive any updates? It has been very quiet recently. Does someone know if there has been any grants from Pretoria lately? I havent seen any in 2019 (on this forum)
Yes we recently got our visa grant on the 26th April 2019 from Pretoria.I am posting for the first time on this forum,but have followed it at regularly intervals.
Our timeline is as follows:
We lodged our application 19 December 2017. We front loaded everything by first week of January 2018 except medical for one of our son which wasn't requested then.(no agent used)
In August 2018 we sent inquiry about our application , only to be referred to application time frames on immi account .
Since then we heard nothing until 5th April 2019 when they requested additional information (s56): Medical for one of our sons and evidence of continued relationship. We duly sent the evidence requested on 16 April 2019, then 26 April we got grant /100. First entry is by 9 July 2019.
Time : 16 months .
It has been a trying period waiting endlessly but we kept faith .I hope all of you will also get you grants soon, cause have gone through same lengthy wait and its awful, and wouldn't wish it for any couples and families

By the way we regularly updated new evidence throughout the process.
thank you for taking time to post. Most people disappear after having their visa granted... also, all readers that are not registered please do so and post your vies/share your experience. It will be a hope for us to hear some good news. The wait is not easy at all, and when we have others as well in same situation, we feel relatable.


Reply With Quote
  #512 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2019, 05:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 83
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Duplicate post


Reply With Quote
  #513 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2019, 05:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 83
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope28 View Post
Do you receive any updates? It has been very quiet recently. Does someone know if there has been any grants from Pretoria lately? I havent seen any in 2019 (on this forum)
Yes we recently got our visa grant on the 26th April 2019 from Pretoria.I am posting for the first time on this forum,but have followed it at regularly intervals.
Our timeline is as follows:
We lodged our application 19 December 2017. We front loaded everything by first week of January 2018 except medical for one of our son which wasn't requested then.(no agent used)
In August 2018 we sent inquiry about our application , only to be referred to application time frames on immi account .
Since then we heard nothing until 5th April 2019 when they requested additional information (s56): Medical for one of our sons and evidence of continued relationship. We duly sent the evidence requested on 16 April 2019, then 26 April we got grant /100. First entry is by 9 July 2019.
Time : 16 months .
It has been a trying period waiting endlessly but we kept faith .I hope all of you will also get you grants soon, cause have gone through same lengthy wait and its awful, and wouldn't wish it for any couples and families

By the way we regularly updated new evidence throughout the process.
most importantly where did you apply in dec17?


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #514 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2019, 10:24 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
8 February 2010
The announcement of a reform package designed to shift the skilled stream of the Migration Program from a supply driven to a demand driven program.
This seems to show that both Skilled Stream and Family stream are demand driven, but with a combined cap?

It seems not possible to allow both streams to have unlimited grants, based only on demand for them.

Do you have a solution that would allow both Skilled and Family stream to be accommodated within the overall cap.

With both Political parties following the same basic principle, 32.6% family visas during Labor, and 32.1% during Liberal, it seems an election change may not change anything in that respect..

However, Liberal issued 16.5% more family visas over a 6 year period (395,975 during 2013-2019), compared to 6 years under a Labor government (339,822 during 2007-13)
Net migration rose under a Labour government from 148,200 in 2007 to 190,000 in 2013. The liberal government have managed to reduce that back down to 162,417 in 2018. This is despite a majority of Australians being in favour of immigration (51% positive vsa 35% negative SBS poll 1st May 2019). Family visas issued rose from 49,870 in 2007 to 61,112 in 2013 under a Labour government and have fallen back to 47,732 under a Liberal Government. No matter what way you spin your figures it is a spin too far to say that the current Liberal Government is pro immigration and will provide a fair outcome for all of us who are awaiting family visas.


Reply With Quote
  #515 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2019, 02:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 3,858
Users Flag! From australia

773 likes received
245 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnick View Post
No matter what way you spin your figures it is a spin too far to say that the current Liberal Government is pro immigration and will provide a fair outcome for all of us who are awaiting family visas.
The figures I put there showed that Liberal have reduced the Family visa percentage in preference to giving a larger share to skilled visas.
That is not showing a fair outcome to those who are awaiting family visas.


Reply With Quote
  #516 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2019, 02:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 3,858
Users Flag! From australia

773 likes received
245 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnick View Post
This is despite a majority of Australians being in favour of immigration (51% positive vsa 35% negative SBS poll 1st May 2019)
That small poll you mentioned....

A poll conducted online for the SBS, between the 24th and 29th of April 2019, found that:

515 people thought immigration was “generally positive” for the country.
354 people thought immigration was “generally negative“.
141 people were unsure about the benefits of immigration for Australia

The report on that poll also mentioned that Labor support the Immigration cuts.

Another poll from the same source said:
75% of respondents (809 people) felt that the most important factor for new migrants was:
  • That New Migrants have skills and qualifications that will allow them to find a job.

Based on that, the skilled stream would seem to deserve more spaces compared to us in the family visa stream.

Do we feel that these small polls are right?

ie: Permanent Immigration is right, but mainly for skilled visa applicants, and both parties are wrong for supporting immigration cuts.

If only someone had a perfect solution, to make everyone happy.


Reply With Quote
  #517 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2019, 11:29 AM
kfc kfc is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope28 View Post
most importantly where did you apply in dec17?
Applied 19 December 2017. Front loaded everything.
Medicals did early January 2018.


Reply With Quote
  #518 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2019, 01:23 PM
msT msT is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 22
Users Flag! From southafrica

2 likes received
An update on another person's visa:
South African applied for PMV through Pretoria in July 2018.
Granted in the last week of April 2019.
Total wait: 9 months

My fiancé and I have been waiting almost 15 months without any contact from a CO.

It seems there is some movement in Pretoria though.


Reply With Quote
  #519 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2019, 08:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 83
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope28 View Post
most importantly where did you apply in dec17?
Applied 19 December 2017. Front loaded everything.
Medicals did early January 2018.
from which country??


Reply With Quote
  #520 (permalink)  
Old 05-10-2019, 05:17 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 9
Please update your flag here .

It is 17 months wait now for my spouse's partner visa, no word at all from Pretoria.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hello from south africa muhammadradhia New member introductions 0 05-06-2016 07:24 PM
Hi from South Africa oliviajane New member introductions 2 05-02-2015 02:38 PM
Partner Visa - Pretoria South Africa dinelg Visas and immigration 27 08-12-2011 01:43 AM
New member: From South Africa McSpafter New member introductions 0 02-21-2011 07:39 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:45 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com