Partner visa applications in Pretoria... South Africa - Page 60

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree108Likes

Partner visa applications in Pretoria... South Africa - Page 60


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #591 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2019, 10:44 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 29
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
Congratulations waiting4eva.


Reply With Quote
  #592 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2019, 03:24 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 47
Please update your flag here .

4 likes received
Thanks everyone. Yes my husband is from Nigeria, so I think they are trying to make the interviews closer. Unsure if he will go straight to permanent as I think the requirement was you needed to be together 3 years before you applied. Can always hope though, it’s been a very long wait!


Reply With Quote
  #593 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2019, 07:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 301
Users Flag! From ghana

44 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4eva View Post
Thanks everyone. Yes my husband is from Nigeria, so I think they are trying to make the interviews closer. Unsure if he will go straight to permanent as I think the requirement was you needed to be together 3 years before you applied. Can always hope though, it’s been a very long wait!
Actually it u need to be married for 2 years not necessarily living together.. if your marriage is two years old then u will get the permanent straight away.. i believe that wat they will give you guys.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #594 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2019, 07:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,994
Users Flag! From australia

1189 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock747 View Post
Actually it u need to be married for 2 years not necessarily living together.. if your marriage is two years old then u will get the permanent straight away.. i believe that wat they will give you guys.
You don't need to be married, as a defacto relationship is just as equal.

It is also 3 years that is required, at time of application, unless you have children, when it is only 2 years.

To go direct to permanent, you need to have been in a Partner relationship with your partner for three years or more, or two years or more if there are children of your relationship, at time of application..

Note that the three year period is assessed from the time you started a committed married or de facto relationship with your partner, and NOT from the time that you first met or formed a casual relationship.


Reply With Quote
  #595 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2019, 10:58 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 29
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjb1993 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by triswenti View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjb1993 View Post
We haven’t used an agent, but did lots of research online when applying. I am very thorough and detailed with everything and just continue to upload information in real time as it happens to keep the application current. I think if you are organised and have a good understanding of the process, doing it yourself is fine (that’s what I tell myself anyway haha).

We applied for the PMV 16/6/18 and the only communication we have received so far is for an interview this June. With my partner being from Zimbabwe that was not surprising. No requests for further information other than the usual police checks, medicals, biometrics 😊
Tjb1993 Out of interest, how long into your application did they respond to you asking for the interview? We applied for 309 Partner Offshore front loaded application on 19-12-2018 with medicals done 14-01-2019.

Pretty excited to get moving but the wait is pretty intense, sure we still have a long way to go as well, just hoping for the best. Otherwise good luck for the interview!
Hi. We applied 16/06/18, and got the invitation to interview on 17/05/19. So just shy of a year. The interview will take place on the 21/06/19. Fingers crossed after that they will be able to make a decision soon.

The wait is excruciating, but just try not to focus on it every day. And keep uploading evidence as the months go on to show your relationship is continuing and you care about the application enough to keep updating. Good luck 😊

Hi. I hope the interview went well. Any response from Pretoria since the interview


Reply With Quote
  #596 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2019, 11:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 140
Users Flag! From kenya

5 likes received
5 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4eva View Post
Hi all...we finally got some good progress news! Hubby has been invited to face to face interview in Ghana early July. I believe they are doing a bulk lot of interviews next month. This is great news for us as we’ve been waiting 22 months now. Hope it’s really quick from here!
Finally Pretoria some thing happening! All the best!

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #597 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2019, 12:25 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 33
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4eva View Post
Hi all...we finally got some good progress news! Hubby has been invited to face to face interview in Ghana early July. I believe they are doing a bulk lot of interviews next month. This is great news for us as we’ve been waiting 22 months now. Hope it’s really quick from here!
What makes you say they could be doing bulk interviews? Have you heard of others at this time? I am curious as we are waiting for a long time for a pmv bit how heard nothing 😕

Also good luck for your interview!!


Reply With Quote
  #598 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2019, 12:34 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 15
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monjiey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjb1993 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by triswenti View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjb1993 View Post
We haven’t used an agent, but did lots of research online when applying. I am very thorough and detailed with everything and just continue to upload information in real time as it happens to keep the application current. I think if you are organised and have a good understanding of the process, doing it yourself is fine (that’s what I tell myself anyway haha).

We applied for the PMV 16/6/18 and the only communication we have received so far is for an interview this June. With my partner being from Zimbabwe that was not surprising. No requests for further information other than the usual police checks, medicals, biometrics 😊
Tjb1993 Out of interest, how long into your application did they respond to you asking for the interview? We applied for 309 Partner Offshore front loaded application on 19-12-2018 with medicals done 14-01-2019.

Pretty excited to get moving but the wait is pretty intense, sure we still have a long way to go as well, just hoping for the best. Otherwise good luck for the interview!
Hi. We applied 16/06/18, and got the invitation to interview on 17/05/19. So just shy of a year. The interview will take place on the 21/06/19. Fingers crossed after that they will be able to make a decision soon.

The wait is excruciating, but just try not to focus on it every day. And keep uploading evidence as the months go on to show your relationship is continuing and you care about the application enough to keep updating. Good luck 😊

Hi. I hope the interview went well. Any response from Pretoria since the interview
Hi. Thanks! It went really well I think. They travelled from Pretoria to Harare and said they were traveling back to Pretoria this week and would make a record of everything that was said in the interview. They said obviously they can’t give out a timeframe but the application is progressing. Our medicals also expired the same day as our interview. We asked if we should renew them and they said to hold off, so maybe that’s a good sign. They just said they would let us know if they need anything else and they are aware that it’s been a year since we applied. So fingers crossed we will hear something soon, will let you all know 😊


Reply With Quote
  #599 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2019, 03:15 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 29
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
That's good to hear. So happy for you &your spouse.


Reply With Quote
  #600 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2019, 12:44 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 27
Please update your flag here .

Hello everyone. So depressed. Today marks exactly 24 months we lodged and no answers. Agent has emailed CO 3 times within these 2 months and no reply. I am losing my mind. My husband is also too depressed and I am so helpless. Why are they breaking people apart like this Don’t they have families themselves?


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hello from south africa muhammadradhia New member introductions 0 05-06-2016 08:24 PM
Hi from South Africa oliviajane New member introductions 2 05-02-2015 03:38 PM
Partner Visa - Pretoria South Africa dinelg Visas and immigration 27 08-12-2011 02:43 AM
New member: From South Africa McSpafter New member introductions 0 02-21-2011 08:39 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:55 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com