Partner visa applications in Pretoria... South Africa - Page 7

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree108Likes

Partner visa applications in Pretoria... South Africa - Page 7


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #61 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2017, 06:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 95
Users Flag! From southafrica

13 likes received
31 likes given
Thanks guys hope youll get contacted soon as well.
They requested for biometrics in August and Medicals in September.
By 22 September everything was given in
I didnt do anything on my own unless they requested it.
My police clearance certificate was given to me the week I handed in my application so I just sent it through.
Havent been contacted since then.
Fingers crossed just praying I get it by end of this month.

__________________
Applied 29 july 2016
Visa Granted 27 March 2017
Partner visa (309)

Charlz

Reply With Quote
  #62 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2017, 06:38 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 13
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes given
Hi guys,

My partner applied for a PMV through Pretoria (online) at the end of October 2016. So about 2.5 months have passed. But he is from a high risk country (Liberian resident, Lebanese citizen). We are imagining it is going to take awhile. We have not heard a single thing since we submitted. I did contact the embassy if we would be contacted if a case officer was assigned, but their reply didn't really answer that question.

He submitted his police clearance with the initial application and completed his medicals this week. We did it even though they have not requested, in the secret hope that maybe it would speed things up.

Thanks for creating this thread. Would love to be updated on the progress of your visas as it helps manage our expectations on the timeline. We are both living in Liberia, so luckily are together, but I am incredibly eager to return to Aus to be closer to my family so just waiting for this visa to come through.

Wish you all luck with your applications!


Reply With Quote
  #63 (permalink)  
Old 01-15-2017, 06:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 95
Users Flag! From southafrica

13 likes received
31 likes given
Hi Soro
Im sure you will hear something soon .
All the luck...fingers crossed

__________________
Applied 29 july 2016
Visa Granted 27 March 2017
Partner visa (309)

Charlz

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #64 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2017, 02:50 PM
Selwyn's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 309
Users Flag! From mauritius

63 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by soro View Post
Hi guys,

My partner applied for a PMV through Pretoria (online) at the end of October 2016. So about 2.5 months have passed. But he is from a high risk country (Liberian resident, Lebanese citizen). We are imagining it is going to take awhile. We have not heard a single thing since we submitted. I did contact the embassy if we would be contacted if a case officer was assigned, but their reply didn't really answer that question.

He submitted his police clearance with the initial application and completed his medicals this week. We did it even though they have not requested, in the secret hope that maybe it would speed things up.

Thanks for creating this thread. Would love to be updated on the progress of your visas as it helps manage our expectations on the timeline. We are both living in Liberia, so luckily are together, but I am incredibly eager to return to Aus to be closer to my family so just waiting for this visa to come through.

Wish you all luck with your applications!
Hey Soro, I'm in same boat - high risk country (Mauritius). I've applied on 30 Sept 2016 and not heard anything till now. Only thing pending is my medical which I'm waiting a CO to contact me to do it. Keep us updated. My application is a bit complicated and therefore you might hear earlier than me, so don't lose hope ;-)

Charlz likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #65 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2017, 11:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 95
Users Flag! From southafrica

13 likes received
31 likes given
Hi all..just an update...
I contacted my agency last week wanting some answers.
I was told it was 4 to 6 months wait...its already 6 months ..no visa..
Anyways my agent sent an email and forwarded the reply to me.
Apparently im still in the global processing times and my application is already with the case officer..
How long will it take from now if its with the case officer..
Really stressed out

__________________
Applied 29 july 2016
Visa Granted 27 March 2017
Partner visa (309)

Charlz

Reply With Quote
  #66 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2017, 03:59 AM
Selwyn's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 309
Users Flag! From mauritius

63 likes received
33 likes given
Any update from Pretoria office anyone?? It's been more than 4 months since I applied and still not even a word from them. To my knowledge, only medical is pending from my side but I'm waiting to be asked for then I shall proceed with medical, else next month I shall do it...

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #67 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2017, 04:12 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 24
Users Flag! From australia

4 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selwyn View Post
Any update from Pretoria office anyone?? It's been more than 4 months since I applied and still not even a word from them. To my knowledge, only medical is pending from my side but I'm waiting to be asked for then I shall proceed with medical, else next month I shall do it...
Hi y'all we still waiting no word yet. We 3mnths now we did medicals together with application


Reply With Quote
  #68 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2017, 04:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 95
Users Flag! From southafrica

13 likes received
31 likes given
Hi
Apparently my case is sitting with case officer.
Two weeks ago I was told that from the lady incharge of all visa applications in pretoria.

__________________
Applied 29 july 2016
Visa Granted 27 March 2017
Partner visa (309)

Charlz

Reply With Quote
  #69 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2017, 07:26 AM
Selwyn's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 309
Users Flag! From mauritius

63 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlz View Post
Hi
Apparently my case is sitting with case officer.
Two weeks ago I was told that from the lady incharge of all visa applications in pretoria.
How did you get into contact with that lady? Did she say she is in charge of all visa applications in Pretoria? Could you please Private Message me her contact details so that I can contact her in next few months.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #70 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 95
Users Flag! From southafrica

13 likes received
31 likes given
Through my agent ..I demanded answers...
Because my agent told me 4 to 6 months.
Its after 6 months so I they send me all the emails that was bouncing back and fourth.

__________________
Applied 29 july 2016
Visa Granted 27 March 2017
Partner visa (309)

Charlz

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hello from south africa muhammadradhia New member introductions 0 05-06-2016 07:24 PM
Hi from South Africa oliviajane New member introductions 2 05-02-2015 02:38 PM
Partner Visa - Pretoria South Africa dinelg Visas and immigration 27 08-12-2011 01:43 AM
New member: From South Africa McSpafter New member introductions 0 02-21-2011 07:39 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:13 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com