Partner visa applications in Pretoria... South Africa - Page 92

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree108Likes

Partner visa applications in Pretoria... South Africa - Page 92


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #911 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2020, 10:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi2018 View Post
Holders of Prospective Marriage Visas are not being granted travel exemptions at this time and as such may not be able to abide by the enter by date visa condition. As there a reprieve from immigration to alter the enter by date or one would have to reapply for a new visa when that happens.
Prospective Marriage Visas are treated in a different way to Partner Visas.

However, some PMV holders have been granted exemptions to the travel ban. eg:

"Filipino man who got his pmv300 to Australia granted in March this year. He then applied three times for a travel exemption. Third time granted. He arrived in Australia June 27"

another:

"PMV granted today June 30 2020 from Belgrade, Serbia. 24hrs after submitting the request for exemption, I got approved as an Ďimmediate family member' Shocked, but happy. I fly on the 8th July" 7 months after PMV application.

I do feel that there should be an automatic extension to the "enter by date" though. It seems odd that there isn't.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
  #912 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2020, 10:48 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 27
Users Flag! From zimbabwe

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi2018 View Post
Holders of Prospective Marriage Visas are not being granted travel exemptions at this time and as such may not be able to abide by the enter by date visa condition. As there a reprieve from immigration to alter the enter by date or one would have to reapply for a new visa when that happens.
Prospective Marriage Visas are treated in a different way to Partner Visas.

However, some PMV holders have been granted exemptions to the travel ban. eg:

"Filipino man who got his pmv300 to Australia granted in March this year. He then applied three times for a travel exemption. Third time granted. He arrived in Australia June 27"

another:

"PMV granted today June 30 2020 from Belgrade, Serbia. 24hrs after submitting the request for exemption, I got approved as an ‘immediate family member' Shocked, but happy. I fly on the 8th July" 7 months after PMV application.

I do feel that there should be an automatic extension to the "enter by date" though. It seems odd that there isn't.

I have filled in that form twice and twice I’ve been denied that exemption being told that travel restrictions are in place. I don’t know if you’re aware that among the options on that form the only part where a PMV holder can ask for such an exemption is under compassionate grounds and not immediate family member otherwise saying I’m an immediate family member is utterly wrong and misleading and unethical.

For now the reasons for which l have been given for being denied have had nothing whatsoever to do with anything I uploaded as further motivation for travel but rather just being told restrictions are in place so essentially l could fill out the form a thousand times and l would get the same outcome


Reply With Quote
  #913 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2020, 12:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi2018 View Post
I have filled in that form twice and twice Iíve been denied that exemption being told that travel restrictions are in place. I donít know if youíre aware that among the options on that form the only part where a PMV holder can ask for such an exemption is under compassionate grounds and not immediate family member otherwise saying Iím an immediate family member is utterly wrong and misleading and unethical.

For now the reasons for which l have been given for being denied have had nothing whatsoever to do with anything I uploaded as further motivation for travel but rather just being told restrictions are in place so essentially l could fill out the form a thousand times and l would get the same outcome
That might be the same as the first example after their 2nd application, but they were granted on the 3rd attempt. For them it was worth continuing.

All exemptions are supposed to be under compelling or compassionate grounds, it must come down to giving the right reasons, for those who do get the exemption.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #914 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2020, 06:46 AM
Mkenya 19's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 130
Please update your flag here .

15 likes received
❤️Partner Visa Petition:❤️ If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident and can spare 30 seconds, it would be great to have your support added to this petition for the Dept. of Home Affairs to process offshore partner visas fairly & quickly. 👉
https://www.aph.gov.au/petition_list?id=EN1677


Reply With Quote
  #915 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2020, 07:40 AM
Mkenya 19's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 130
Please update your flag here .

15 likes received
‎Open this link to join my WhatsApp Group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/DfGOxRsuRPU5jm5xPLJmFB


Reply With Quote
  #916 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2020, 08:48 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 27
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Just wondering if visa’s are being processed through Pretoria still as I heard they may be processing them in Australia now and if that’s the case does anyone have the contact information because Pretoria don’t seem to be answering emails?!


Reply With Quote
  #917 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2020, 09:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausinaija View Post
Just wondering if visaís are being processed through Pretoria still as I heard they may be processing them in Australia now and if thatís the case does anyone have the contact information because Pretoria donít seem to be answering emails?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausinaija View Post
My fiancť and I have applied for PMV 300 on 19 April 2018.
If it's a PMV, rather than a Partner Visa, the answer is that only 8 PMVs worldwide were granted in the 3 months April to June 2020. This indicates almost zero chance of a grant at the moment.

PMVs are still being processed, worldwide, just not being granted. 188 PMVs have been finalised in that period, although only 8 of those were grants.

I assume that many, that will eventually be granted, will be kept on hold until Australia considers it safe to allow general entry into the country again.

It would be good if Immigration did confirm this individually, by keeping applicants informed.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
  #918 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2020, 10:02 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 27
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausinaija View Post
Just wondering if visa’s are being processed through Pretoria still as I heard they may be processing them in Australia now and if that’s the case does anyone have the contact information because Pretoria don’t seem to be answering emails?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausinaija View Post
My fiancť and I have applied for PMV 300 on 19 April 2018.
If it's a PMV, rather than a Partner Visa, the answer is that only 8 PMVs worldwide were granted in the 3 months April to June 2020. This indicates almost zero chance of a grant at the moment.

PMVs are still being processed, worldwide, just not being granted. 188 PMVs have been finalised in that period, although only 8 of those were grants.

I assume that many, that will eventually be granted, will be kept on hold until Australia considers it safe to allow general entry into the country again.

It would be good if Immigration did confirm this individually, by keeping applicants informed.
Thank you letting me know!


Reply With Quote
  #919 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2020, 12:09 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 27
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
So someone who is from South Africa was granted from Pretoria yesterday and they submitted there application on November 2019. Why do South African’s seem to get priority? We have submitted everything they have requested and we submitted in April 2018!?? I don’t understand and the thing is if we decide to do a section on them they could decline! It’s all so heartbreaking and unfair 💔


Reply With Quote
  #920 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2020, 12:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausinaija View Post
So someone who is from South Africa was granted from Pretoria yesterday and they submitted there application on November 2019. Why do South Africanís seem to get priority?
I would assume that as Pretoria is the capital of South Africa, it is easier and faster to get the local checks done.

If a different national is processed in South Africa, the processing time might depend a lot on how long it takes for the South African processing team to get the relevant information from that applicants country.

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hello from south africa muhammadradhia New member introductions 0 05-06-2016 07:24 PM
Hi from South Africa oliviajane New member introductions 2 05-02-2015 02:38 PM
Partner Visa - Pretoria South Africa dinelg Visas and immigration 27 08-12-2011 01:43 AM
New member: From South Africa McSpafter New member introductions 0 02-21-2011 07:39 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:59 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com