Please help. Reg. Pmv

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree2Likes

Please help. Reg. Pmv


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2013, 02:15 AM
lipsmackingkiss's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 97
Please update your flag here .

15 likes received
1 likes given
Please help. Reg. Pmv

Long story short my fiancÚ and I applied for the PMV in September 2012. We have received contact from our case officer recently as she requires additional documentation. My fiancÚ and i were in the process of obtaining the documents and we were going to get married and then change the PMV to a Partner Visa. Unfortunately my fiancÚ and I have gone through a complication between our relationship. We are not having a breakdown or terminating the relationship we just basically need more time.

I don't know what to do because I don't know how much time we need and obviously the embassy or my case officer is not going to wait forever for us to finalise our documentation. I'm concerned about withdrawing my application because I know for a fact we are going to get married, I'm just not exactly sure when know. We have some personal issues that we want to resolve because we want to make sure that we do get to have that perfect life together that we dream of. For this reason I don't know if this is resolved in a month or a year or longer. I got no idea and I don't know what to do or if its possible to put my visa application on hold or something.


Please help me make a decision that isn't going to hinder the chance of me being with my fiancÚ.


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2013, 03:27 PM
lipsmackingkiss's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 97
Please update your flag here .

15 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipsmackingkiss
Long story short my fiancÚ and I applied for the PMV in September 2012. We have received contact from our case officer recently as she requires additional documentation. My fiancÚ and i were in the process of obtaining the documents and we were going to get married and then change the PMV to a Partner Visa. Unfortunately my fiancÚ and I have gone through a complication between our relationship. We are not having a breakdown or terminating the relationship we just basically need more time.

I don't know what to do because I don't know how much time we need and obviously the embassy or my case officer is not going to wait forever for us to finalise our documentation. I'm concerned about withdrawing my application because I know for a fact we are going to get married, I'm just not exactly sure when know. We have some personal issues that we want to resolve because we want to make sure that we do get to have that perfect life together that we dream of. For this reason I don't know if this is resolved in a month or a year or longer. I got no idea and I don't know what to do or if its possible to put my visa application on hold or something.

Please help me make a decision that isn't going to hinder the chance of me being with my fiancÚ.
Can anyone please assist me with my situation?


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2013, 03:44 PM
louiseb's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Australia now, but lived in Malta born in the UK
Posts: 1,036
Users Flag! From australia

270 likes received
287 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to louiseb
Oh my you are in a pickle aren't you, firstly you say you will get married so why not apply for the visa, it will take months for a decision to come through which gives you allot of time, plus after your visa is granted if your still together ( hopefully as its not a definite) you will have to travel to Australia and marry within 9 months, which gives you more time to decide, lets say all in all you have another 15 months, I think by then you would know, if it doesn't work out then that's the chance you took if it does then you marry and live happily ever after. Sorry if this seems a little short shotted but you either have to say no we don't apply, waste all the money and in a few months say I wish I had applied or take the chance and hopefully you and your partner will work things out.

Good luck
louiseb

__________________
i wish to see the smiles of loved ones reunited after months of waiting, god bless you all


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2013, 03:51 PM
lipsmackingkiss's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 97
Please update your flag here .

15 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiseb
Oh my you are in a pickle aren't you, firstly you say you will get married so why not apply for the visa, it will take months for a decision to come through which gives you allot of time, plus after your visa is granted if your still together ( hopefully as its not a definite) you will have to travel to Australia and marry within 9 months, which gives you more time to decide, lets say all in all you have another 15 months, I think by then you would know, if it doesn't work out then that's the chance you took if it does then you marry and live happily ever after. Sorry if this seems a little short shotted but you either have to say no we don't apply, waste all the money and in a few months say I wish I had applied or take the chance and hopefully you and your partner will work things out.

Good luck
louiseb
Hey

Thank you for your response. That has definitely helped me make a decision. If I continue to go through the PMV as originally planned and await the decision of the embassy. Worst case scenario what happens if we are denied? Do you know when we would be able to re-apply? If we re-applied can it be for the same visa?


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2013, 04:13 PM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4421 likes received
6268 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipsmackingkiss View Post
Hey

Thank you for your response. That has definitely helped me make a decision. If I continue to go through the PMV as originally planned and await the decision of the embassy. Worst case scenario what happens if we are denied? Do you know when we would be able to re-apply? If we re-applied can it be for the same visa?
Louise, that advice was great.

Lipsmacking, I really wouldn't worry too much about being denied if you can provide everything your CO is asking for. Is there a reason you're worried?

I'd comment on the rest of your questions, but I simply don't know the answers on these. I'm pretty sure you can reapply for the same visa, and I haven't heard about any kind of waiting to do that, but I'm not sure how just having had that visa refused would affect your case.

__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2013, 04:17 PM
louiseb's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Australia now, but lived in Malta born in the UK
Posts: 1,036
Users Flag! From australia

270 likes received
287 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to louiseb
If you were refused the visa by the DIAC they would give the reasons and you could appeal the decision if there was reason to do so, if they refused you your visa for something silly like not providing them with enough information then yes you can re apply once all the information was gathered but you would have to pay again, if you decide NOT to go ahead with the application you would loose all the monies you have spent and re apply for the same visa when the time was right for you and your partner, but as I said the time it takes for the decision to come through and the time you have before you have to marry is near enough 18 months, I would still continue with your application and let things take there course.
Good luck

bma and CollegeGirl like this.
__________________
i wish to see the smiles of loved ones reunited after months of waiting, god bless you all


Last edited by louiseb; 04-12-2013 at 04:20 PM.

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2013, 04:19 PM
lipsmackingkiss's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 97
Please update your flag here .

15 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl

Louise, that advice was great.

Lipsmacking, I really wouldn't worry too much about being denied if you can provide everything your CO is asking for. Is there a reason you're worried?

I'd comment on the rest of your questions, but I simply don't know the answers on these. I'm pretty sure you can reapply for the same visa, and I haven't heard about any kind of waiting to do that, but I'm not sure how just having had that visa refused would affect your case.
I'm worried because I guess in my mind you can never have too much evidence or too much information. When I have seen other people and what they send in their application I double question myself as to whether or not I sent in enough evidence. Then I hear that you can also send in too much documents. As everyone else I hate waiting. We were previously denied on a tourist visa (I know it's two completely different visas) due to insufficient funds. For this reason we would be heart broken if we were denied on this visa.


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2013, 04:24 PM
lipsmackingkiss's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 97
Please update your flag here .

15 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiseb
If you were refused the visa by the DIAC they would give the reasons and you could appeal the decision but it can take months and months, if you decide NOT to go ahead with the application you would loose all the monies you have spent and re apply for the same visa when the time was right for you and your partner, but as I said the time it takes for the decision to come through and the time you have before you have to marry is near enough 18 months, I would still continue with your application and let things take there course.
Good luck
Thank you. Yer I just stress so much about all these documents and making sure it's completed. Visa applications are just too much on every aspect of every level. I know it's worth the wait in the end but in the mean time I'm losing my mind. I'm going to continue with the visa as planned and continue to hope for the best.


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2013, 04:30 PM
louiseb's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Australia now, but lived in Malta born in the UK
Posts: 1,036
Users Flag! From australia

270 likes received
287 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to louiseb
I found that most people tend to over send documentation, I took each form and made a list of each document they required and one by one I gathered the information and sent it off to them, I didn't over send but if they asked for photos ( which they did) I sent plenty of them showing different occasions especially work parties and xmas get together,s ect. Don't complicate things just send what they ask for, if they need more let them ask for it. Also don't forget to fill out the form 80 9/10 they will require it even though it says you don't need it.
If you need anymore advice or help just shout we all here to help you
Thanks CG for your remark it was warmly accepted.

__________________
i wish to see the smiles of loved ones reunited after months of waiting, god bless you all


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Nelly87's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 829
Users Flag! From netherlands

390 likes received
189 likes given
Did I understand correctly from your post that your relationship is definitely not going to end, but you are just not sure about when you'll get married? So marriage is the issue, not the relationship?

__________________
From: The Netherlands
Visa Sub: 820 Partner Temp Onshore (De Facto)
Applied: 23 January 2013 (front loaded)
Application: Paper
Agent: No

Case Officer Assigned: 23 December 2013
Request for More Information: 19 May 2014
Requested Information: Australian Federal Police Check
Supplied on: 26 May 2014
Visa Granted: 4 June 2014


Permanent Stage Application: 22 January 2015
PERMANENT PARTNER (801) GRANTED ON 18 MAY 2015 - WE DID IT!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:02 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com