Visa time line - Family, spouse applications - Page 104

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1932Likes

Visa time line - Family, spouse applications - Page 104


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1031 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From ireland

Hello, Im Irish I have just lodged my PMV today in the London Office, I was just wondering if anyone has a rough time frame how long it will take, anything I could to to speed things up and if I could apply for a Tourist Visa while Im waiting as I havent seen My partner in 2months after becoming engaged Dec in Kuala Lumpur, =(


  #1032 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 530
Users Flag! From australia

68 likes received
Hi

I don't know much about processing times for London office but gathering from this forum is around 6-8 months. Some people do get processed faster. Maybe search through some of the threads here. You can get a tourist visa to come and visit your partner. Just make sure you advise the London office of your travel as you have to be out of Australia when the approve your application. Generally they will advise when it's ready to be approved so you can leave Australia but that's only if you advise them of your travel.

I have seen in this forum that people who apply for PMV and get processed generally have evidence of a Wesson being planned. Notice of Intended Marriage form Australia if you will be getting married in Australia. Some booking receipts and correspondence with a celebrant.

Not sure what your plans for getting married are and you've already applied so a bit hard to advise you on that.

__________________
Whatnext: Australian Sponsor
Husband Brazilian

  #1033 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 382
Users Flag! From australia

42 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundyBean
Hello, Im Irish I have just lodged my PMV today in the London Office, I was just wondering if anyone has a rough time frame how long it will take, anything I could to to speed things up and if I could apply for a Tourist Visa while Im waiting as I havent seen My partner in 2months after becoming engaged Dec in Kuala Lumpur, =(
Hello buddy,
Yes you can apply a tourist visa while waiting for your PMV. But you also have to consider that you might get interview, medical or ask to submit further documents during the processing of your PMV, so you have to come back in London. You can still submit docu's from here via courier and do your medical. Still depends in the embassy in your country if they'll allow you to do your medical here, but based on my experience my CO allowed me.

When you already have a case officer be sure to inform her/him that you're out of the country so he/she wont grant your visa until your back in London, otherwise the grant of your PMV will be cancell.

Processing times is 6-9 months, others is 9-12 months. Or sooner than 6 months.
You cant do anything to speed up your application, it all depends on your case officer.

Just wait and be patient.

Cheers,
IMkddj

__________________
Cheers,
IMkddj

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1034 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From ireland

Thankyou both for your advice, 6 months mmmmman thats a real tuffy! Ive attached all our Celebraints details and Oz and Uk Police checks, just waiting on my medical, Ill give it a wee while then ask my CO on more advice on Tourist Visas, I miss my partner and my Auzzy life and gutted I wont be drinking Bundy and cathing Yabbies on Australia Day- Thanku again for your help =)


  #1035 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2012, 02:10 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 18
Users Flag! From usa

1 likes received
14 likes given
Date of application: Received at the Washington DC office 28/11/2011

Nationality:American

Visa type: Prospective Marriage (Subclass 300)

Offshore/onshore: Offshore

Medicals submitted (yes/no): Yes, Submitted 5/12/2011

Police check submitted (yes/no): Yes, Submitted State Checks 28/12/2011, FBI Checks came today(24/01/2012) and should be received tomorrow


Date CO assigned: 28/11/2011

Date visa granted: Not yet, but the FBI check coming through gives me hope. I'll keep this updated!

Good luck everyone!


  #1036 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2012, 03:10 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From france

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorstudent83 View Post
Date of application: 3rd of October 2011

Nationality: Irish (Australian Partner)

Visa type: 820/801 (currently on 457)

Offshore/onshore: Onshore - applied in person at Melbourne office

Medicals submitted (yes/no): Yes, front loaded

Police check submitted (yes/no): Australian police check front loaded, Irish police check sent by mail on Dec 11th 2011

Date CO assigned: Waiting

Date visa granted: Waiting


Front loaded everything except the Irish Police Check and that damned form 80....form 80 was sent by mail (with a change of address form) on October 11th.

Called the office last week and was told that no further documentation was required and processing could take up to 12 months I really hope it's done soon as a I detest my job!!
Hi there,
I am in the same boat, on a 457 and I can't wait to get my de facto visa to quit my job! I applied the 1st of April and still waiting...


  #1037 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 426
Users Flag! From kenya

154 likes received
100 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMkddj View Post
Hello buddy,
Yes you can apply a tourist visa while waiting for your PMV. But you also have to consider that you might get interview, medical or ask to submit further documents during the processing of your PMV, so you have to come back in London. You can still submit docu's from here via courier and do your medical. Still depends in the embassy in your country if they'll allow you to do your medical here, but based on my experience my CO allowed me.

When you already have a case officer be sure to inform her/him that you're out of the country so he/she wont grant your visa until your back in London, otherwise the grant of your PMV will be cancell.

Processing times is 6-9 months, others is 9-12 months. Or sooner than 6 months.
You cant do anything to speed up your application, it all depends on your case officer.

Just wait and be patient.

Cheers,
IMkddj
IMkddj, is it possible to do medicals while in Aussie? I also want to apply for a tourist visa afew days after applying for the PMV


  #1038 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 54
Users Flag! From australia

11 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrywins View Post
IMkddj, is it possible to do medicals while in Aussie? I also want to apply for a tourist visa afew days after applying for the PMV
Yes, my husband had them done there, cost around $300...need an appointment...they will only send them to an address in Australia - if you are applying offshore you will need someone in Australia to forward them to the Embassy..also they will NOT share results with you..


  #1039 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 426
Users Flag! From kenya

154 likes received
100 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieliz123 View Post
Yes, my husband had them done there, cost around $300...need an appointment...they will only send them to an address in Australia - if you are applying offshore you will need someone in Australia to forward them to the Embassy..also they will NOT share results with you..
Hi Liz, i am applying offshore in Germany and want to come to aussie on tourist visa end of March. i am just thinking that if my CO wont have asked for my medicals by the time I leave Germany, could I have them done in Aussie. Sorry to ask again, I didn't quite understand you.


  #1040 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 42
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
You don't have to wait for them to get the medicals done, just get them done now.


Closed Thread

Tags
visa timeline

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spouse Visa 309 Time Line rezanoc Visas and immigration 11 10-29-2013 06:48 PM
Visa time line - Skilled and work visa applications mike Visas and immigration 557 07-22-2013 05:30 PM
Just a Reminder (Family, Spouse Visa Time line) iko. Visas and immigration 5 03-26-2013 01:49 AM
Visa time line - Family, spouse applications (Embassy Location) augenblick Visas and immigration 2 08-15-2011 03:25 AM
visa time line: 176 SS Kogy Visas and immigration 4 10-07-2010 04:11 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:21 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com