Visa time line - Family, spouse applications - Page 221

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1932Likes

Visa time line - Family, spouse applications - Page 221


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #2201 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 36
Users Flag! From australia

12 likes received
Anyone have any news from DC about PMV's?


  #2202 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2012, 09:22 AM
bma bma is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NSW
Posts: 439
Users Flag! From australia

100 likes received
640 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frutsel View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.
We haven't booked the flight for ourself yet. The dogs will fly on the 3rd of December. The new home owners will move in at the 17th of December and the will be here around the 10th of December.
So I also think it would be wise to apply for an e-visitor visa. I thought u d have to get back to the country of applying (in my case Holland) to get my visa granted.
Thanks for the tip that it is possible to go to NZ instead.
Is there a timeline for the e-visitor visa or can u get it straight away?
Unfortunately you're flying to Australia when the plane tickets are the most expensive. I wouldn't worry about your partner visa, I'm sure you have heaps of evidence and the approval is just a matter of time.
In my humble opinion (I'm just a forum user and not an agent) it'd be good to plan your flight and everything that comes together with moving down under cause December is just around the corner.

I would call the immigration office, though, and ask them nicely how's the process going, any news and so on, and I'd tell them you want to accompany your partner when he moves to Australia in December. You never know, you might get an understanding person on the line... You need to tell them you will fly to Australia on an eVisitor (if your visa doesn't come through), because the immigration needs to notify you when to leave Australia for your partner visa to be granted.

Usually you need to stay abroad four working days, but it must be done in agreement with immigration, they really need to know about this.

Well, I still think you will fly to Australia on your partner visa.

By the way, you get your eVisitor approved in a matter of hours, so I wouldn't worry about this until about two weeks prior to leaving Europe (but your partner visa will come through by then ).



  #2203 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Jordan
Posts: 456
Users Flag! From australia

344 likes received
325 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by crasht View Post
Hi,
I think your questions seem legitimate here, however I wonder if this point they make here has something to do with it?

"The queue date is the date on which an application is assessed as having met all the relevant requirements."

So basically to me it sounds like, once the application has been passed and meets all the requirements and checks, it is then placed into a que. Then the countdown begins based on how many of that particular visa application's are now at the same stage.
I imagine that checks to confirm the facts would take different times depending on which country the application is coming from amongst other things. I read this as not the date that the application was received, but the date that all the application requirements are met...
Perhaps I am wrong, I just thought it might be worth pointing out.
I am in no way able to know that for sure and I am currently waiting like everyone else here, however it does seem like there are certain factors which seem to delay applications. To me it seems like delays can occur if there is children involved and more than one person on the application, previous marriages or recognised relationships were formed and perhaps how easy the application is to understand for the CO.
There doesn't seem to be any clear standard times from any one country for the visa we are waiting on (300). It ranges from 3 months to over 12 months for many countries of origin. This is why I tend to look at applicationns with comments that sound very similiar to ours... ie no children, no previous marriages etc etc. WHen I do that, I get a feel that typically those members have waited for on average 3 months.
I hope these thoughts help. I hope you anyone can maybe take a look at that and see if there is an average time for applications identical to their own.

All the best to everyone. Feel free to let me know if I made a glaring error here in trying to help understand this process which is painful to anyone experiencing an unknown wait.

Regards
Thanks for your feedback. Yes, I had noticed that clause, but it still prevents me from understanding how people who lodged a complete application are forced to wait more than 12 months with minimal contact from the Department, while someone else who applied recently can get theirs in a few weeks. One would think that if there were anything outstanding the applicant wouldn't be made to wait more than a year to hear anything. I mean, I think it's fantastic that such fast processing times are possible, but why has the other person been left to languish?

I'm (thankfully) not speaking about my own case (yet), and ours should be quite straightforward, but about things I have seen and read on the forum. There are some anecdotes buried here that get me really riled up at the unfairness these people have experienced. For example, refusals on criteria that have nothing to do with what has been prescribed. And then there are people in the same or better circumstances than someone else, and they get passed over.

It simply leaves me with a wish that the whole process were more transparent, but of course that's not possible because it would be opening the Department up to unnecessary risks from applicants who are not genuine.


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2204 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 78
Users Flag! From netherlands

30 likes received
9 likes given
Thanks for the tips and the encouragement BMA . Hope you r right about my visa :-))) I will def. post it when it's approved. Fingers crossed for all of us who r waiting for approval!


  #2205 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2012, 10:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 75
Users Flag! From australia

23 likes received
30 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventuress View Post
Thanks for your feedback. Yes, I had noticed that clause, but it still prevents me from understanding how people who lodged a complete application are forced to wait more than 12 months with minimal contact from the Department, while someone else who applied recently can get theirs in a few weeks. One would think that if there were anything outstanding the applicant wouldn't be made to wait more than a year to hear anything. I mean, I think it's fantastic that such fast processing times are possible, but why has the other person been left to languish?

I'm (thankfully) not speaking about my own case (yet), and ours should be quite straightforward, but about things I have seen and read on the forum. There are some anecdotes buried here that get me really riled up at the unfairness these people have experienced. For example, refusals on criteria that have nothing to do with what has been prescribed. And then there are people in the same or better circumstances than someone else, and they get passed over.

It simply leaves me with a wish that the whole process were more transparent, but of course that's not possible because it would be opening the Department up to unnecessary risks from applicants who are not genuine.
You would think so wouldn't you?
I would like to see a more transparent process myself, and ideas that came to mind might be, at least a % marker so you can see that things are progressing.

I don't think we can reach the stage of publishing why applications are not approved because then non legitimate applications will focus on those and improve their applications based on that feedback.
I guess considering that, it is probably difficult to give too much info, without giving too much info if you follow me.
I'm sure the process knows that there are major delays in the system at certain locations and like you say, definately having read alot that you refer to (some being completely bewildering I agree). Their are statistics which report many many various details, which would make me think that there is definately statistics which would capture the application time frames and that certain embassy's take longer than others, and reasons should hopefully be identified and fixes put in place or resources added to improve times within the actual limit set each year of application approvals. I believe they are easily being met each year and this includes many applications that are rejected!

What I find interesting is, if they actually did find someone who is clearly identified as being attached to a non-desireable group... so potentially will cause a threat to Australian communities, or is clearly a case of looking for the visa to live in a better country.... how does DIAC say this? I mean surely in those cases, they don't say, not approved because we believe your case to present a danger to the community, or you're looking for a free ticket? Instead I imagine they say, you have not met the requirements to satisfy part whatever of the application.
Then I thought, those applicants, well the Australian member might feel that it is true love and would now either try again (if the time was short and gather more information), or perhaps that might cause them to find another way to be together... (the Australian goes to the applicants country) so in a kind of way, the delays could potentially be a way to confirm the legitimate nature of the relationship if they have doubts? This is purely just a guess and I would hope it isn't, but I wouldn't be gullible enough to see that it wouldn't be.

So it makes me wonder if, in these situations perhaps where they have reasonable doubts about the relationship, (and I can't not make a general comment and say all, because I know ALOT of the longer cases are legitimate), that I wonder if they just drag it out to test the legitimate nature of their relationship? It sounds like that could be a tactic. You never see on here the people who have dropped their application due to the time it takes, and perhaps why relationships break up, but I am sure there are PLENTY! I would wait a very long time, but I imagien there would be a limit.
Legit relationships would be willing to wait longer I imagine than that of non.

So I guess the point I am trying to make is, I completely agree with you that it needs to be a little more responsive and transparent to the legitimate people... but how I guess without giving away too many tips to the traffickers? It's almost cruel in a way the waiting times experienced by some members, and just having some small indication would be better than nothing.

If I saw that I was 15%, 40%, 80% of the way through, I could adjust my expectations and lower my stress, as well as start to predict a potential date of approval. It could also identify those applications that have seemed to be missed and until someone writes in, it would never have been looked at... because you see the cases of approval immediately after contact is made after such long waits. That seems quite terrible actually.

Like you I don't think I will be waiting too long for my Fiance to finally be here. Similiar cases from the same embassy have been taking 3 months on average. So I am using that as the best guide I have.

I hope that might help to raise ideas in your thoughts. The difficulty as you can see is there are YES and NO cases, and ALOT in between! We also don't know what the applications are actually like and if there are alot of little errors that slow things down which they have to confirm etc etc. Much like when people in my employment constantly make mistakes on documents and or make confusing statements. They will take longer to process and they probably should have used an agent. I'm sure as is the human nature, mistakes are made in processing. I just hope ours is not one of them.

Once again it's always best for any applicants to double, triple and ask someone else to read their applications to pick up basic mistakes which we miss sometimes in our own writing before the application is sent in.

Best regards and a speedy application everyone

__________________

  #2206 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2012, 12:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 112
Users Flag! From philippines

4 likes received
9 likes given
I am so happy to have my Temporary Partner Onshore visa granted. It was lodge 19th of Sept. and granted the next day. I received the letter last monday only. It is pretty unexpected because i don't have yet my medical and AFP lodge as well as my marriage certificate because we just married last 8th. I really thank God for that. One more visa to go.

bma likes this.
__________________

  #2207 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2012, 12:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 157
Users Flag! From philippines

24 likes received
38 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianmarie007
I am so happy to have my Temporary Partner Onshore visa granted. It was lodge 19th of Sept. and granted the next day. I received the letter last monday only. It is pretty unexpected because i don't have yet my medical and AFP lodge as well as my marriage certificate because we just married last 8th. I really thank God for that. One more visa to go.
Congratulations Dianmarie!

__________________
"If you have complete faith, nothing is impossible."God bless everyone!


  #2208 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2012, 04:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 50
Users Flag! From australia

22 likes received
14 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianmarie007 View Post
I am so happy to have my Temporary Partner Onshore visa granted. It was lodge 19th of Sept. and granted the next day. I received the letter last monday only. It is pretty unexpected because i don't have yet my medical and AFP lodge as well as my marriage certificate because we just married last 8th. I really thank God for that. One more visa to go.
congrats to you

__________________

  #2209 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2012, 09:43 AM
MelisUur's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Istanbul,Turkey
Posts: 81
Users Flag! From australia

35 likes received
28 likes given
5 months has already passed the upside is Turkeys general waiting time is 4 - 6 but its possible to take longer eh my patience is running low today feeling very down and frustrated
I'd like to see more people posting their good news (visas being granted ) on this forum to keep us all positive..Fingers crossed for everybody


  #2210 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 75
Users Flag! From australia

23 likes received
30 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelisUur View Post
5 months has already passed the upside is Turkeys general waiting time is 4 - 6 but its possible to take longer eh my patience is running low today feeling very down and frustrated
I'd like to see more people posting their good news (visas being granted ) on this forum to keep us all positive..Fingers crossed for everybody
Hi,
I just saw your comment and I'm sure we all go through these days. No news to find hope in, but the hope can be found internal in your situation.
When I think about that, I think of the exact moment I am made aware of the news. Might be by email, might be by a message on my phone and it might be after a terrible day at work, or perhaps a really good day.
No matter which way we look at it, I know without a doubt that it will end up being a day I remember for a very very long time. I will also know that in that moment, the waiting and nights and weeks and months alone will start to fade into the past and all my thoughts will be of the future. Without a doubt, that always makes me smile. The other thing is, I feel lucky that I know at least one other person in the EXACT same position as me, and I am lucky that I have met and found and have found someone who to me is as close to perfect as I will ever know, and that this process is just what needs to be done to get the 'reward' of showing patience and trust in my relationship. So I am actually lucky to be in this situation in a way.

SO life is not perfect, but will it ever be? For a not so perfect life, waiting for that moment is tolerable, but of course can be hard to see sometimes.

I personally also use this time to practice my cooking and get better at a few things such as Spanish or improve my fitness, especially when my fiance is actually sleeping on the other side of the world.

Hope that might help.
I also hope we do hear of some news from successful applicants, especially from the same countries as our own inclusive of the timelines that they have experienced!

MelisUur, JEdwards and Savalya like this.

__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
visa timeline

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spouse Visa 309 Time Line rezanoc Visas and immigration 11 10-29-2013 06:48 PM
Visa time line - Skilled and work visa applications mike Visas and immigration 557 07-22-2013 05:30 PM
Just a Reminder (Family, Spouse Visa Time line) iko. Visas and immigration 5 03-26-2013 01:49 AM
Visa time line - Family, spouse applications (Embassy Location) augenblick Visas and immigration 2 08-15-2011 03:25 AM
visa time line: 176 SS Kogy Visas and immigration 4 10-07-2010 04:11 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:24 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com