Visa time line - Family, spouse applications - Page 293

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1932Likes

Visa time line - Family, spouse applications - Page 293


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #2921 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 05:43 PM
bradsterusa's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canberra ACT Australia
Posts: 185
Users Flag! From usa

81 likes received
112 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to bradsterusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadam View Post
Well, it's not yet the partner visa, but my partner's tourist visa application was approved this afternoon!

Meaning she will be travelling with me when I have to return to Oz in around 10 days time.

I can't explain the stress lifted off my (or our) shoulders. The thought of separation and all the 'little' problems that come with it were torturous to say the least.

Sorry for posting it in this thread, but I thought it would get more attention here, particularly to those who have applied, or are considering applying, for a tourist visa while their partner application is processing.

Fingers crossed -- in the meantime -- that the partner one comes through sooner rather than later!
Yayyy its a start, and you are right, the separation is the worst!!

kttykat likes this.
__________________



  #2922 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 05:48 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 44
Users Flag! From bosnia_herzegovina

28 likes received
19 likes given
Hi kangaro,

We applied at the Vienna embassy, and it was lodged on January 24. So it took just seven days.

Funnily enough, we called up this morning and asked about the tourist visa, and the case officer basically said ".. rah rah rah .. it's been just one week. It can take up to one month if you read your receipt letter."

But, alas ... this has happened! If anyone in a similar situation has any queries about what we included in our tourist visa application or such, feel free to ask.


  #2923 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 05:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 133
Users Flag! From ethiopia

41 likes received
12 likes given
That is great new, separation is the hardest thing we can't accept easily, if u don't mind what was u included with u'r tourist application? Like if no working or tie evidence to return? What will be?


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2924 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 133
Users Flag! From ethiopia

41 likes received
12 likes given
I'm happy for u and I really appreciate u'r fast respond, I wish my Co reply me like this lol


  #2925 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 07:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 57
Users Flag! From australia

15 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsterusa View Post
Yayyy its a start, and you are right, the separation is the worst!!
We are still waiting to hear about our visa also been almost 6 months. Took a leaf from kttykats book and got an ETA so wife is coming out to Aus mid Feb its been soooooo long apart.

CollegeGirl likes this.
__________________
Date of application: 6 Aug 2012

Nationality:Australian/U.S

Visa type:309 Partner

Offshore/onshore: Offshore

Medicals submitted (yes/no):Yes 6 Aug 2012

Police check submitted (yes/no):Yes 6 Aug 2012 (Cal state police check 18 March 2013)

Date CO assigned: 21 Aug 2012

Date visa granted: 19 March 2013

  #2926 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 07:18 PM
bradsterusa's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canberra ACT Australia
Posts: 185
Users Flag! From usa

81 likes received
112 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to bradsterusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
We are still waiting to hear about our visa also been almost 6 months. Took a leaf from kttykats book and got an ETA so wife is coming out to Aus mid Feb its been soooooo long apart.
Have you heard anything from Washington at all or your caseworker?

__________________



  #2927 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 07:27 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 45
Users Flag! From usa

17 likes received
2 likes given
Almost nothing out of D.C. for anyone the whole month of January...


  #2928 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 07:30 PM
sunnysmile's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 304
Users Flag! From australia

111 likes received
30 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadam View Post
Well, it's not yet the partner visa, but my partner's tourist visa application was approved this afternoon!

Meaning she will be travelling with me when I have to return to Oz in around 10 days time.

I can't explain the stress lifted off my (or our) shoulders. The thought of separation and all the 'little' problems that come with it were torturous to say the least.

Sorry for posting it in this thread, but I thought it would get more attention here, particularly to those who have applied, or are considering applying, for a tourist visa while their partner application is processing.

Fingers crossed -- in the meantime -- that the partner one comes through sooner rather than later!

Congrats, nadam, even if it is not Partner visa but good news is good news - whatever they grant looks good after almost 8 months.

__________________
Visa: Subclass 100, Permanent Partner Visa
Visa Nationality: Croatia
Applied: Offshore, through Vienna office
Application Date: 19 June 2012
Police Checks: Submitted with Application
Medicals: Completed 03 July 2012.
VISA GRANTED: 20 January 2014 (19 months)
TO AUSTRALIA:04.04.2014.

Last edited by sunnysmile; 01-31-2013 at 07:33 PM.

  #2929 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 07:34 PM
kttykat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,377
Users Flag! From usa

513 likes received
218 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsterusa View Post
Have you heard anything from Washington at all or your caseworker?
I just got off the phone to the so called help line again for the Americas. Not very helpful. I can understand Harbinger's frustration. We got the same it is too early to tell you anything, I asked what the processing times were at and got the standard 5 - 12 months, so I said well we are over three months and still have to call them because they wont tell us any contact details for our case officer, even though we know who she is. They said the CO will only contact us if they need more documents, she wouldn't even tell us this time what documents they already had!! I don't think she could be bothered looking them up on her computer! She said I could always send them an email to their general email, which I said yeah I had done when I was travelling to Australia but had never had an acknowledgement of that other than the auto reply, I had to call the unhelpful line to find out that they got it at all!!! Then as they didn't reply I had to assume that it was OK for me to travel to Australia!!! I asked again if they could ask the case officer to email us directly and was told that she would be far too busy to contact us.

Anyway she confirmed no news is good news and we left it at that

Kttykat




__________________

  #2930 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 07:47 PM
bradsterusa's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canberra ACT Australia
Posts: 185
Users Flag! From usa

81 likes received
112 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to bradsterusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttykat View Post
I just got off the phone to the so called help line again for the Americas. Not very helpful. I can understand Harbinger's frustration. We got the same it is too early to tell you anything, I asked what the processing times were at and got the standard 5 - 12 months, so I said well we are over three months and still have to call them because they wont tell us any contact details for our case officer, even though we know who she is. They said the CO will only contact us if they need more documents, she wouldn't even tell us this time what documents they already had!! I don't think she could be bothered looking them up on her computer! She said I could always send them an email to their general email, which I said yeah I had done when I was travelling to Australia but had never had an acknowledgement of that other than the auto reply, I had to call the unhelpful line to find out that they got it at all!!! Then as they didn't reply I had to assume that it was OK for me to travel to Australia!!! I asked again if they could ask the case officer to email us directly and was told that she would be far too busy to contact us.

Anyway she confirmed no news is good news and we left it at that

Kttykat
That's pretty much what my caseworker said to me, except he was actually nice enough to actually say it to me LOL

__________________



Closed Thread

Tags
visa timeline

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spouse Visa 309 Time Line rezanoc Visas and immigration 11 10-29-2013 06:48 PM
Visa time line - Skilled and work visa applications mike Visas and immigration 557 07-22-2013 05:30 PM
Just a Reminder (Family, Spouse Visa Time line) iko. Visas and immigration 5 03-26-2013 01:49 AM
Visa time line - Family, spouse applications (Embassy Location) augenblick Visas and immigration 2 08-15-2011 03:25 AM
visa time line: 176 SS Kogy Visas and immigration 4 10-07-2010 04:11 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:01 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com