Partner Visa 820 - Overwhelmed & in need of help - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree8Likes

Partner Visa 820 - Overwhelmed & in need of help - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2013, 02:40 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
Yep, as jmcd said - the sponsor doesn't need one.

__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

  #12 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2013, 02:16 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 45
Users Flag! From australia

4 likes received
2 likes given
Can someone please help me with a few more questions! I am really confused about what a character check is and how I am meant to go about obtaining this for my partner. or is it just our stat decs that are the character checks??

Thanks again


  #13 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2013, 02:24 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 45
Users Flag! From australia

4 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcd16 View Post
You don't need one. I imagine your super fund should be able to get that info for you. Does he have anything similar? You can print out really easy Will forms you get on the Internet - those will help too.
Do you have any recommendations on a website to use for the wills etc?


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2013, 02:30 AM
jmcd16's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 487
Users Flag! From usa

240 likes received
13 likes given
Character checks are the police clearances your partner needs to obtain from every country he has spent 1 year or more in since he was 18. Even if it wasn't one year at once... For example, he visited australia 3 times... Once for 6 months, twice for 3 months... He would need one.

Character Requirement - Applications & Forms

That page has all the info including links for how to obtain police clearances and a link for form 80 which he might need to fill out... It's evil. You can either do it up front, or wait and hope like hell they don't ask for it.

I don't have anything saved... Just look up free last will and testament simple form and find one that suits your needs. Or you can get a Will kit at the australian post office for a nominal fee. Or at staples...

Hayley.rita85 likes this.
__________________


I am not a migration agent, just a fellow victim of the system.

  #15 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2013, 02:52 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 45
Users Flag! From australia

4 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcd16 View Post
Character checks are the police clearances your partner needs to obtain from every country he has spent 1 year or more in since he was 18. Even if it wasn't one year at once... For example, he visited australia 3 times... Once for 6 months, twice for 3 months... He would need one.

Character Requirement - Applications & Forms

That page has all the info including links for how to obtain police clearances and a link for form 80 which he might need to fill out... It's evil. You can either do it up front, or wait and hope like hell they don't ask for it.

I don't have anything saved... Just look up free last will and testament simple form and find one that suits your needs. Or you can get a Will kit at the australian post office for a nominal fee. Or at staples...
Oh Wow!! I just read through all 18 pages of the form 80 and it looks like a nightmare.. gee ok I see that I have my work cut out for me with this application, time to knuckle down and get it in before June 30th incase the fees go up... so I guess there will be many more questions coming your way jmcd16


  #16 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2013, 04:55 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 8
Users Flag! From germany

5 likes received
Hey Hayley,

Gosh, I remember when I was at that point!
My visa was granted just 3 days ago and whent through in 13 days (decision ready) and I must say that I worried WAY too much!
If you're properly prepared and the relationship is genuine, there is no point to worry.
I created a post that should still be on the first page with a fair bit of information about my application, wich might help :-)

Good luck,
Anne


  #17 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2013, 08:34 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 45
Users Flag! From australia

4 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by annecanflyy View Post
Hey Hayley,

Gosh, I remember when I was at that point!
My visa was granted just 3 days ago and whent through in 13 days (decision ready) and I must say that I worried WAY too much!
If you're properly prepared and the relationship is genuine, there is no point to worry.
I created a post that should still be on the first page with a fair bit of information about my application, wich might help :-)

Good luck,
Anne
Thanks Anne, as time goes on and I do more and more research I am slowly relaxing ha ha!! I think it is all a little bit daunting at the beginning because you know you are in a genuine relationsip and that should be all that matters right, but then there are all these forms you have to fill out to prove that and then your brain is your worst enemy thinking about all the what ifs.... grrrrr all good though I have set aside time tonight to go through all of the paperwork and I have all my folders out and organised for all the different sections so I can see what I have right in front of me and see what else I am yet to get organised!! without a doubt I will have more questions for you all so stand by


  #18 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2013, 03:58 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 45
Users Flag! From australia

4 likes received
2 likes given
So I have a question in regards to Form 80. On page 8 it asks about current visas and when they were issued, does this mean the date the current visa was granted or the date which he started his visa by arriving in australia?


  #19 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2013, 09:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 445
Users Flag! From australia

112 likes received
247 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley.rita85 View Post
So I have a question in regards to Form 80. On page 8 it asks about current visas and when they were issued, does this mean the date the current visa was granted or the date which he started his visa by arriving in australia?
U do not need to do form 80 unless they ask for it


  #20 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2013, 03:54 PM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
U do not need to do form 80 unless they ask for it
They are actually beginning to ask for it from more and more countries, even low-risk countries like the US and the UK... it's definitely smart to go ahead and do it and get it out of the way.

__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Fiance/ partner visa malaysia based partner - minky Visas and immigration 52 06-12-2015 11:29 AM
Overwhelmed with Marriage-Related Visa lynn03.lynn Visas and immigration 6 08-11-2012 05:41 AM
Advice please-partner overstayed, about to apply for partner visa theverylastmelon Visas and immigration 1 08-05-2012 11:55 PM
applying for partner visa while previous partner visa is waiting to go to MRT? homnpick Visas and immigration 5 01-21-2012 09:56 AM
practicalities of living in Australia on a partner visa & general partner visa stuff Freya Visas and immigration 0 07-05-2011 04:52 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:18 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com