Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (
-   Visas and immigration (
-   -   Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa (

rcar 05-27-2013 08:11 AM

Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa

We are about to submit a partner visa 820/801 application. My husband is currently on a 457 visa, which allows him to travel in and out of Australia.

My concern is, that we have a two week holiday planned at Christmas time, and being unsure if the visa will be issued prior to then, we are a bit concerned that it might be issued when we are out of the country, which is a big no-no, right??

It states that he is supposed to be in Australia when it is issued...

What am I supposed to do? Is there a form that I can submit along with our application to advise of this upcoming trip?

What actually happens if the temporary visa is issued whilst you are overseas (considering we are applying on-shore)?

Thanks everyone! :-)

BonezAU 05-27-2013 08:31 AM

To be honest, if your husband's application is not extremely complicated there's a pretty decent chance it will be decided before Christmas anyway.

If I were in your situation, I would submit the application normally and then wait. If his visa is decided before Christmas then that's great, if it's not - make sure you notify the case officer that you are planning on leaving the country during x and y dates.
Notifying the CO is the number 1 thing you must do. However when first submitting the application, you won't have a CO immediately. It's very likely that you'll be assigned one in less than 6 months though.

I'm no expert and my advice above is just based on what I've read and seen around the forum.

ccpro 05-27-2013 08:48 AM

Even his 820 is not granted by Xmas, he should still have his 457. You need to check when his 457 expires. When it does, the bridging visa A will come into effect. If his 457 won't be expired for while, then you don't have to worry about it. If it is going to expire around Xmas and BVA takes place, then you need to Bridging Visa B to allow him to travel and enter the country again.

Also, When it comes to early December, assumed that you have a CO and haven't been granted the visa yet, you should notify your CO that he is traveling so that CO will hold up the grant until he comes back or grant him the visa before travel if that was to happen around that time.

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.