Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801) Waiting Group - Page 123

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree2200Likes

Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801) Waiting Group - Page 123


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1221 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2018, 02:22 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 12
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes received
6 likes given
820 Submitted 23 Mar 2015
820 Granted 19 Sept 2016
801 Applied 23 March 2017
801 Granted ???

Sweating on finalisation of our visa as my partner needs to enrol for uni and has been waiting for the PR to come through as the fees are far more expensive as international student than as a resident.

Unfortunately uni enrolment for this year looks like it will beat the visa approval... sounds like we could be processed in the next month or two but that will be too late for this year's enrolments.

Anyone have any advice? For the 820 we emailed as she was looking to travel overseas, and they processed it 2 weeks after we emailed. Not sure whether to try our luck again with the 801...

HRose313 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #1222 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2018, 03:09 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From china

11 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazey View Post
820 Submitted 23 Mar 2015
820 Granted 19 Sept 2016
801 Applied 23 March 2017
801 Granted ???

Sweating on finalisation of our visa as my partner needs to enrol for uni and has been waiting for the PR to come through as the fees are far more expensive as international student than as a resident.

Unfortunately uni enrolment for this year looks like it will beat the visa approval... sounds like we could be processed in the next month or two but that will be too late for this year's enrolments.

Anyone have any advice? For the 820 we emailed as she was looking to travel overseas, and they processed it 2 weeks after we emailed. Not sure whether to try our luck again with the 801...
I am in the same boat with you. Applied my 801 on Nov 2016 and still waiting now. I just enrolled my last two units this semester. If I could get my 801 granted before the Census date of my uni (26 Mar), I will get the difference refund. Otherwise, I am going to withdraw them at the same day without any penalty and re-enrol on Session 2.

HRose313 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #1223 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2018, 02:46 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 38
Users Flag! From south_korea

29 likes received
Iím in the same boat so I just submitted absent and leave form for 2 term and then I would pay for domestic fee.
I applied for 820/801 in April 2015 and applied 801 in end of March in 2017.
Hopefully my calculation works well.

HRose313 likes this.
__________________
application 820 : 11.4.2015
Medical 820 : 11.4.2015
Police check 820 : 11.4.2015
grant 820 : 6.7.2016
-----------------------------------------
applied 810: 7.3.2017

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1224 (permalink)  
Old 02-05-2018, 03:55 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
Hi guys, does anyone know the email for 801 processing centre? It's been almost 20 months and the status is still "received but not assigned for assessment". Getting paranoid that they've lost my application... Is it worth emailing them and reminding?

HRose313 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #1225 (permalink)  
Old 02-05-2018, 07:57 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala17 View Post
Hi guys, does anyone know the email for 801 processing centre? It's been almost 20 months and the status is still "received but not assigned for assessment". Getting paranoid that they've lost my application... Is it worth emailing them and reminding?
Personally I would lodge a complaint with immigration. From what I have seen people don't tend to get replies from immigration when they email.

Did you apply by paper?

HRose313 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #1226 (permalink)  
Old 02-05-2018, 08:15 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Personally I would lodge a complaint with immigration. From what I have seen people don't tend to get replies from immigration when they email.

Did you apply by paper?
Thanks Mish. Applied online, but it just seems weird that nothing happened to my application status for so long... Don't really want to complain but rather remind about myself

HRose313 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #1227 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2018, 11:04 PM
LouElla's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Queensland
Posts: 195
Users Flag! From uk

90 likes received
203 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala17 View Post
Thanks Mish. Applied online, but it just seems weird that nothing happened to my application status for so long... Don't really want to complain but rather remind about myself
Hi Lalala17 I'm in the same boat, they emailed me back in August asking for more evidence and said I had 28 days to upload but that is literally all I've heard from them and when I log in it still says I haven't been assigned for assessment!! It's been 20 months this month for me.

HRose313 likes this.
__________________
- June 2010: Met in Australia

- Oct 2010: Started relationship

- Apr 2011: I returned to UK, long distance relationship started

- Feb 2014: Married / entered Australia on 12mth Tourist Visa

- July 2014: 820 Application submitted

- Feb 2015: Bridging Visa started

- June 2015: 820 Granted

- June 2016: 801 Application Submitted

- Feb 2018: 801 Granted

- April 2019: Applying for Citizenship

Last edited by LouElla; 02-06-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Reply With Quote
  #1228 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 01:00 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 14
Users Flag! From india

15 likes received
3 likes given
I lost my patience and today decided to lodge a complaint.

Reasoning behind my decision were:

1. The visa fee isn't cheap and as much as I understand there are a lot of applications, leaving someone with no information and in limbo does not help.

2. It is a big part of our lives. My partner and I are planning to get into the property market and without a permanent visa, the rate we are getting is ridiculous. I mean every other month we wait, the areas we are looking at are getting expensive to afford by the day.

3. Yes, they have global processing times but that is not enough information to put one to ease. We provided everything they asked for, we paid the full fee. It's a privilege I understand but uncertainty and lack of information are just killing us.

I complained after waiting 8 months. I know it's not long and others have been waiting a lot longer. My complaint wasn't in regards to the grant of visa but more so towards the uncertainty and lack of information through the process.

Let's see if they get back to me with anything.

I will keep you guys updated.

HRose313 likes this.

Last edited by jaydenj; 02-07-2018 at 01:03 AM.

Reply With Quote
  #1229 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 01:40 AM
LouElla's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Queensland
Posts: 195
Users Flag! From uk

90 likes received
203 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydenj View Post
I lost my patience and today decided to lodge a complaint.

Reasoning behind my decision were:

1. The visa fee isn't cheap and as much as I understand there are a lot of applications, leaving someone with no information and in limbo does not help.

2. It is a big part of our lives. My partner and I are planning to get into the property market and without a permanent visa, the rate we are getting is ridiculous. I mean every other month we wait, the areas we are looking at are getting expensive to afford by the day.

3. Yes, they have global processing times but that is not enough information to put one to ease. We provided everything they asked for, we paid the full fee. It's a privilege I understand but uncertainty and lack of information are just killing us.

I complained after waiting 8 months. I know it's not long and others have been waiting a lot longer. My complaint wasn't in regards to the grant of visa but more so towards the uncertainty and lack of information through the process.

Let's see if they get back to me with anything.

I will keep you guys updated.
Where did you complain to jaydenj? I emailed the Vic processing email address today asking for information about my Visa.

Completely understand about the property market situation, we ended up doing it all in my husbands name, which kinda took away from the bragging rights of owning my first home when my name is not on any of the paperwork for it! We want to move to QLD this year and want to have my name on everything we need to have.

I love how as part of the evidence you need to prove joint ownership of properties but you can't even be on the deed until your at least PR!!!

I want to do a course and up skill myself but the international fees are ridiculous!

HRose313 likes this.
__________________
- June 2010: Met in Australia

- Oct 2010: Started relationship

- Apr 2011: I returned to UK, long distance relationship started

- Feb 2014: Married / entered Australia on 12mth Tourist Visa

- July 2014: 820 Application submitted

- Feb 2015: Bridging Visa started

- June 2015: 820 Granted

- June 2016: 801 Application Submitted

- Feb 2018: 801 Granted

- April 2019: Applying for Citizenship

Reply With Quote
  #1230 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2018, 02:27 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 14
Users Flag! From india

15 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouElla View Post
Where did you complain to jaydenj? I emailed the Vic processing email address today asking for information about my Visa.

Completely understand about the property market situation, we ended up doing it all in my husbands name, which kinda took away from the bragging rights of owning my first home when my name is not on any of the paperwork for it! We want to move to QLD this year and want to have my name on everything we need to have.

I love how as part of the evidence you need to prove joint ownership of properties but you can't even be on the deed until your at least PR!!!

I want to do a course and up skill myself but the international fees are ridiculous!
Hey LouElla,

Went onto the immigration wesbite and then to feedback and complaints section.

Last week I actually sent an email to the Victorian 801 processing centre but the auto reply seemed like they weren't even going to acknowledge the email forget a reply from them.

Next step would be to go to ombudsman but considering they have stopped providing time frames in the email on an individual basis, not sure how much good would that do.

There was an option for anonymous feedback too but I decided to put in all my details as well as the TRN number.

I mean our application is decision ready. All the documents are up and ready to roll. I don't want to just sit and wait for our Police Clearance to expire and for them to ask for it again. I mean seriously, a little more information would be helpful. I am not after a grant for my VISA but give me info like:

What's my number in the line.
How many applications till ours get touched.
Have a look at our application and maybe tell us now if more documents are needed so we can save additional time and provide them right away.

LouElla and HRose313 like this.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 100) Waiting Group :) Euroasianman Visas and immigration 1364 Yesterday 03:24 AM
801 partner permanent visa - waiting for 18 mths already LenaYuan Immigration Timelines 5 08-06-2020 11:44 AM
partner permanent visa (801 visa) waiting group!!! sep2011 Visas and immigration 6050 04-06-2017 03:22 AM
801 partner permanent visa - waiting for 18 mths already LenaYuan Visas and immigration 8 02-21-2017 04:59 AM
801 Partner Permanent Visa WAITING (2015) Jayson Visas and immigration 181 02-14-2017 05:19 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:56 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com