Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801) Waiting Group - Page 200

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree2200Likes

Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801) Waiting Group - Page 200


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1991 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2018, 11:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by leenr91 View Post
Thanks Mish, we still need to do two 888 forms and stat decs from both of us as well I assume?? 🙂
The website is down for maintenance at the moment, but go to the 820/801 website, click the tab that says "Follow these steps" or similar, scroll down to step 5, click the "Permanent Partner visa calculator" link, then answer yes and yes to get to the checklists.

Assuming the website is still the same after the maintenance. Though I suspect they're going to roll out a new style.


Reply With Quote
  #1992 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2018, 12:00 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 46
Users Flag! From south_korea

3 likes received
Great info, I followed these steps but did not look enough maybe. I will have a look after they finish the maintenance. Thanks!


Reply With Quote
  #1993 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2018, 01:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by leenr91 View Post
Great info, I followed these steps but did not look enough maybe. I will have a look after they finish the maintenance. Thanks!
You have to open the different PDF links at the permanent partner visa calculator. Those documents have details and a checklist.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1994 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2018, 09:03 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 26
Please update your flag here .

Hi guys I'm new here . Please help.
I have partner visa 801 in process and it's being looked at as we speak. We are very hopeful it's going to get granted. But just in case if doesn't what Visa would I go on then ? As I will be overseas at the time of decision?
What are my other options?
Currently on 820 since November 2017.
Thanks in advance.
Jennifer


Reply With Quote
  #1995 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2018, 06:17 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 26
Please update your flag here .

Hi mish

Just a quick question please .
I have partner visa 801 in process and it's being looked at as we speak. We are very hopeful it's going to get granted. But just in case if doesn't what Visa would I go on then ? As I will be overseas at the time of decision?
What are my other options?
Currently on 820 since November 2016.
Thanks in advance.
Jennifer


Reply With Quote
  #1996 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2018, 08:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennymilford1 View Post
Just a quick question please .
I have partner visa 801 in process and it's being looked at as we speak. We are very hopeful it's going to get granted. But just in case if doesn't what Visa would I go on then ? As I will be overseas at the time of decision?
What are my other options?
Currently on 820 since November 2016.
Thanks in advance.
Jennifer
Well, you won't be on the 820 anymore as that will cease once the decision is made on the 801. You'd have to find some other visa that you're eligible to enter Australia on.


Reply With Quote
  #1997 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2018, 06:37 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 26
Please update your flag here .

Hi skybluebrewer.
Thanks for your reply. My Mara agent has informed me otherwise saying . I will still be on 820 visa and it will remain in affect even if 801 gets refused whilst I'm overseas at the time of decision.
Is that true? Or is it a false statement?
Thanks in advance.


Reply With Quote
  #1998 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2018, 11:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennymilford1 View Post
Hi skybluebrewer.
Thanks for your reply. My Mara agent has informed me otherwise saying . I will still be on 820 visa and it will remain in affect even if 801 gets refused whilst I'm overseas at the time of decision.
Is that true? Or is it a false statement?
Thanks in advance.
I may be wrong but my grant letter and immigration's website say "The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) lets you stay in Australia until a decision is made on your permanent Partner visa (subclass 801)."

I think it odd that they'd just keep the 820 valid and allow you to stay in Oz after an 801 refusal. But hey, I'm no professional. If you're paying a registered migration agent, then you don't need advice from strangers.

JandE likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #1999 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2018, 12:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
The department has recently started sending notifications out again for Stage 2 eligibility.

So just wait around for that email a month prior then you should be good to go... EDIT: to page 14 lol.
They missed us in that notification change. We didn't get the letter, but I knew they were not sending them, so it was OK. But I did half expect they would send us one after they changed the system back. But they didn't.

We have submitted the 801 things now, and I am just hoping we have done enough.

The nerves are coming back, after the relaxation period (almost 2 years) from getting the 820 grant. I'd almost forgotten how nervous it can be.

Are there any threads (or specific posts) showing what people submitted for the 801? I feel like double checking everything..

__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
  #2000 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2018, 01:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
They missed us in that notification change. We didn't get the letter, but I knew they were not sending them, so it was OK. But I did half expect they would send us one after they changed the system back. But they didn't.

We have submitted the 801 things now, and I am just hoping we have done enough.

The nerves are coming back, after the relaxation period (almost 2 years) from getting the 820 grant. I'd almost forgotten how nervous it can be.

Are there any threads (or specific posts) showing what people submitted for the 801? I feel like double checking everything..
Downside to getting a fast 820 grant... more work gathering evidence since the grant! 2 years worth for us as well to gather and organize, ugh. Good luck!


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 100) Waiting Group :) Euroasianman Visas and immigration 1364 Yesterday 03:24 AM
801 partner permanent visa - waiting for 18 mths already LenaYuan Immigration Timelines 5 08-06-2020 11:44 AM
partner permanent visa (801 visa) waiting group!!! sep2011 Visas and immigration 6050 04-06-2017 03:22 AM
801 partner permanent visa - waiting for 18 mths already LenaYuan Visas and immigration 8 02-21-2017 04:59 AM
801 Partner Permanent Visa WAITING (2015) Jayson Visas and immigration 181 02-14-2017 05:19 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:04 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com