Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801) Waiting Group - Page 233

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree2205Likes

Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801) Waiting Group - Page 233


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #2321 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2018, 11:50 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From india

9 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanzlans View Post
Hello we are pretty close you're just one day ahead of me here is my timeline

820/801 applied: 17 Feb 2016
820 Grant: 04 Aug 2016
801 Applied: 01 Feb 2018
801 Grant: Still waiting with my 2 daughters under my application

Hello there,

Good to see someone very near to our timeline.

Good luck with you application and I wish you get it granted very soon

Cheers


Reply With Quote
  #2322 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2018, 12:08 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 16
Please update your flag here .

13 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusLife2016 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanzlans View Post
Hello we are pretty close you're just one day ahead of me here is my timeline

820/801 applied: 17 Feb 2016
820 Grant: 04 Aug 2016
801 Applied: 01 Feb 2018
801 Grant: Still waiting with my 2 daughters under my application

Hello there,

Good to see someone very near to our timeline.

Good luck with you application and I wish you get it granted very soon

Cheers <img src="http://www.australiaforum.com/images/smilies/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smile" class="inlineimg" />

Thanks I am from the Philippines we got Married here in Australia in November 2015 and we have 21 months old son together, I am really hoping they grant my PR before the year ends *fingers crossed*

Good luck to you and your partner too. Let us know when you grant your visa thanks &#x1f60a;

Martino likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #2323 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2018, 01:54 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 16
Users Flag! From ireland

12 likes received
6 likes given
Lord give me strength!
We submitted my partners 801 visa back in April when he was eligible.
When submitting the 820 we included a note that once we received a letter from his mother confirming the nature of the relationship we would would submit it....it went months and months before she sent the letter and we got it!

So this time we decided his brother who actually introduced us would be a better option for a similar letter for the 801....wrong!! after months of asking the letter only arrived yesterday and it has incorrect information on it!
Back when the letter was written his brother and his partner had paid deposits on flights to come spend Christmas with us but now they cant come and we have booked to go to Bali instead which we have included evidence of in the application.

My question is, should I upload the letter and include a note from ourselves to say that at the time when the letter was written there were plans for a visit from the brother but that it no longer the case due to work commitments. Or do I just upload the letter as is?

TIA


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2324 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2018, 01:59 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
.............


Last edited by A846209; 10-17-2018 at 11:51 PM. Reason: .

Reply With Quote
  #2325 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2018, 02:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 198
Users Flag! From canada

45 likes received
344 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
This. I used this form to say basically the same thing and got my 801 grant the next day. Supplied all documents as per the checklist from the permanent partner calculator and no contact besides grant. Status was received when I did it.
Hi Skybluebrewer,

What do you mean "to say the same thing"? Did you tell them that it's a clear cut case? What are the inquiry forms normally used for? Thanks in advance


Reply With Quote
  #2326 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2018, 03:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejona View Post
Hi Skybluebrewer,

What do you mean "to say the same thing"? Did you tell them that it's a clear cut case? What are the inquiry forms normally used for? Thanks in advance
Just explained our circumstances and that it was decision ready as all relevant information had been supplied.

I don't know what they're meant to be used for. I've only ever used that form once to tell them the above.

Edit: Also, I would say get onto this method ASAP. I doubt it will work very much if everyone starts to do it.

Ejona likes this.

Last edited by Skybluebrewer; 10-17-2018 at 03:23 AM.

Reply With Quote
  #2327 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2018, 03:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishzil View Post
Lord give me strength!
We submitted my partners 801 visa back in April when he was eligible.
When submitting the 820 we included a note that once we received a letter from his mother confirming the nature of the relationship we would would submit it....it went months and months before she sent the letter and we got it!

So this time we decided his brother who actually introduced us would be a better option for a similar letter for the 801....wrong!! after months of asking the letter only arrived yesterday and it has incorrect information on it!
Back when the letter was written his brother and his partner had paid deposits on flights to come spend Christmas with us but now they cant come and we have booked to go to Bali instead which we have included evidence of in the application.

My question is, should I upload the letter and include a note from ourselves to say that at the time when the letter was written there were plans for a visit from the brother but that it no longer the case due to work commitments. Or do I just upload the letter as is?

TIA
1. It's always a good idea to ask whoever is doing the forms to send you a pic of it for you to review before they get it signed in front of an appropriate witness. That way you don't have to deal with any issues like this where you get it after ages just to see there's a mistake on it.

2. If you're going to ask them for another one, there's no point in submitting the first one with incorrect information.

3. It doesn't need to be family. Why not ask someone in Australia that is more reliable and can get it to you within a few days? We didn't use any family for Stage 2, just a few friends.

4. Not sure what his brother and where he's meeting you on holiday in the future has to do with a witness statement about your relationship. It's a bit irrelevant to talk about compared to the tons of other things that could be said about your relationship more recently, imo. Also, if that's the incorrect information you're talking about, then that's prob not as big a deal. Plans change all the time.


Last edited by Skybluebrewer; 10-17-2018 at 03:21 AM. Reason: typooooooos

Reply With Quote
  #2328 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2018, 03:34 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 16
Users Flag! From ireland

12 likes received
6 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
1. It's always a good idea to ask whoever is doing the forms to send you a pic of it for you to review before they get it signed in front of an appropriate witness. That way you don't have to deal with any issues like this where you get it after ages just to see there's a mistake on it.

2. If you're going to ask them for another one, there's no point in submitting the first one with incorrect information.

3. It doesn't need to be family. Why not ask someone in Australia that is more reliable and can get it to you within a few days? We didn't use any family for Stage 2, just a few friends.

4. Not sure what his brother and where he's meeting you on holiday in the future has to do with a witness statement about your relationship. It's a bit irrelevant to talk about compared to the tons of other things that could be said about your relationship more recently, imo. Also, if that's the incorrect information you're talking about, then that's prob not as big a deal. Plans change all the time.

Thanks Skyblue
My partner received the screenshot of the letter and told them it was fine to send without me seeing it.

But yes my main concern is that the agent viewing the application will see my partners brother is supposed to be visiting us in Perth but we have included information abut our trip to Bali at the same time and question it.
But I think your right, plans change all the time and maybe its ok to go ahead and upload the letter with no note.


Reply With Quote
  #2329 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2018, 03:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 198
Users Flag! From canada

45 likes received
344 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
Just explained our circumstances and that it was decision ready as all relevant information had been supplied.

I don't know what they're meant to be used for. I've only ever used that form once to tell them the above.

Edit: Also, I would say get onto this method ASAP. I doubt it will work very much if everyone starts to do it.
Thanks,

How long after submitting your application did you send through the inquiry form?


Reply With Quote
  #2330 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2018, 04:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejona View Post
Thanks,

How long after submitting your application did you send through the inquiry form?
Around three weeks after eligibility/submission.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 100) Waiting Group :) Euroasianman Visas and immigration 1381 10-23-2020 05:56 AM
801 partner permanent visa - waiting for 18 mths already LenaYuan Immigration Timelines 5 08-06-2020 11:44 AM
partner permanent visa (801 visa) waiting group!!! sep2011 Visas and immigration 6050 04-06-2017 03:22 AM
801 partner permanent visa - waiting for 18 mths already LenaYuan Visas and immigration 8 02-21-2017 04:59 AM
801 Partner Permanent Visa WAITING (2015) Jayson Visas and immigration 181 02-14-2017 05:19 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:33 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com