Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801) Waiting Group - Page 34

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree2203Likes

Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801) Waiting Group - Page 34


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #331 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2017, 05:26 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

6 likes given
I've been waiting for 11 months for 801 and emailed the immi dept back in March. I got a response with just FAQ on it and nothing else. I'm getting a little worried as we are now 4 months pregnant and I don't know how this will affect our partner visa if t doesn't come through before the birth. Will our baby need its own visa? We can't afford a whole new visa when the baby is here. Does anyone have any advice or experienced the same thing?
Thanks


Reply With Quote
  #332 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2017, 06:52 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie0183 View Post
I've been waiting for 11 months for 801 and emailed the immi dept back in March. I got a response with just FAQ on it and nothing else. I'm getting a little worried as we are now 4 months pregnant and I don't know how this will affect our partner visa if t doesn't come through before the birth. Will our baby need its own visa? We can't afford a whole new visa when the baby is here. Does anyone have any advice or experienced the same thing?
Thanks
I assume that the baby will be born in Australia, therefore it will be an Australian citizen.

melanie0183 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #333 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2017, 06:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
I assume that the baby will be born in Australia, therefore it will be an Australian citizen.
Children born in Australia automatically acquire Australian citizenship if at least one parent is an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of the child's birth in Australia.

The child is not Australian if neither parent is either PR or Citizen.

melanie0183 and summersky like this.
__________________
Visa Route: 600/300/600/820/801
PMV to PR 44 months.
Our Timeline

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #334 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2017, 06:55 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDT View Post
How come? When were you eligible?
So you did not have to sweat like come of us
Looks like they applied in 2013 and was rejected in 2015 and went to AAT and AAT return it to DIBP in 2017. Looks like a 4 years process from the previous posts.


Reply With Quote
  #335 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2017, 06:56 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Children born in Australia automatically acquire Australian citizenship if at least one parent is an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of the child's birth in Australia.

The child is not Australian if neither parent is either PR or Citizen.
Well considering they are waiting for an 801 one would assume that one parent is an Australian PR or citizen.

melanie0183 and Skybluebrewer like this.

Reply With Quote
  #336 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2017, 06:59 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaideHana View Post
I've been keeping up to date with people complaining to immigration, on my eligibility email for my 801 it states 6-8 months processing. I'm on month 7, if I go to the 9 month could I put a complaint in or should I wait till over year ?
Hard to say really. I saw someone the other day who was knocked back by the ombudsman on their complaint.

You could give it a go at 9 months and see how you go, but we waited to almost 12 months to complain.


Reply With Quote
  #337 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2017, 07:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 130
Users Flag! From australia

39 likes received
11 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Hard to say really. I saw someone the other day who was knocked back by the ombudsman on their complaint.

You could give it a go at 9 months and see how you go, but we waited to almost 12 months to complain.

Hi Mish,

As im travelling overseas next months i called the Immi to ask if i will need to get a new Police clearance and if i have o advise any one of my travels plan but they couldn't give an answer

Do you think traveling overseas will cause me any issues?also do i have to send a letter to the immi letting them know that im travelling or sould i just add the tickets to my application as a proof?

Also can you please give me the link where i can lodge a complain

thanks in advance


Reply With Quote
  #338 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2017, 07:48 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith555 View Post
Hi Mish,

As im travelling overseas next months i called the Immi to ask if i will need to get a new Police clearance and if i have o advise any one of my travels plan but they couldn't give an answer

Do you think traveling overseas will cause me any issues?also do i have to send a letter to the immi letting them know that im travelling or sould i just add the tickets to my application as a proof?

Also can you please give me the link where i can lodge a complain

thanks in advance
Here is the link to complain to DIBP: https://www.border.gov.au/about/cont...enship-service

Travelling overseas will not cause an issue as you can be anywhere in the world when the visa is granted.

I would send an email just to let them know that you are travelling overseas, the dates you are travelling and how they can reach you if they need to ie. email only. No need to add any attachments to the email. However, you can upload them to the immi account if you want.

In regards to AFP DIBP told me last week that they do have some discretion on the police checks, but I am unsure on how much. There is no harm in getting another one and uploading it incase they need an updated one.


Reply With Quote
  #339 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2017, 07:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 123
Users Flag! From australia

44 likes received
104 likes given
It's been four years total of applying and waiting on visas and it's exhausting and stressful now. I'll wait a few more months see if anything happens, which is highly doubt, then lodge a complaint. Thanks for the advice. The person who got knocked back so you know if that affected her visa at all ?


Reply With Quote
  #340 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2017, 08:00 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaideHana View Post
It's been four years total of applying and waiting on visas and it's exhausting and stressful now. I'll wait a few more months see if anything happens, which is highly doubt, then lodge a complaint. Thanks for the advice. The person who got knocked back so you know if that affected her visa at all ?
I know the feeling, it is a long process waiting and applying for partner visas with all the evidence that is needed.

They haven't had any response yet, it was just earlier in the week that they were told they would not investigate it by the ombudsman. However, there was another person that had the same response a couple of months ago and they got contacted by DIBP not long after. It is always hard to tell what the outcome will be when you complain as every case is different.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 100) Waiting Group :) Euroasianman Visas and immigration 1380 10-09-2020 03:10 AM
801 partner permanent visa - waiting for 18 mths already LenaYuan Immigration Timelines 5 08-06-2020 11:44 AM
partner permanent visa (801 visa) waiting group!!! sep2011 Visas and immigration 6050 04-06-2017 03:22 AM
801 partner permanent visa - waiting for 18 mths already LenaYuan Visas and immigration 8 02-21-2017 04:59 AM
801 Partner Permanent Visa WAITING (2015) Jayson Visas and immigration 181 02-14-2017 05:19 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:58 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com