Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801) Waiting Group - Page 376

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree2200Likes

Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801) Waiting Group - Page 376


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #3751 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2019, 06:25 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From uk

3 likes received
My visa got granted today. I only waited less than two months after I submitted my documents. Sometimes they can be quick I guess.

Stage 1 applied 26/03/17
Stage 1 approved 23/04/17

Stage 2 applied 26/03/19
Stage 2 approved 15/05/19

LadyRogueRayne and cherrygn like this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Last edited by Elliott; 05-15-2019 at 06:48 AM.

Reply With Quote
  #3752 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2019, 06:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 50
Users Flag! From india

3 likes received
1 likes given
Congrats Elliott, that was super quick !

Some applicants are waiting from 12 - 24 months +

Good Luck.


Reply With Quote
  #3753 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2019, 06:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
My visa got granted today. I only waited less than two months after I submitted my documents. Sometimes they can be quick I guess.

Stage 1 applied 26/03/17
Stage 1 approved 23/04/17

Stage 2 applied 26/03/19
Stage 2 approved 15/05/19
Under 1 month for the 820 and under 2 months for the 801.. That must be some record.

What is your Nationality, and any idea how you did it?


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #3754 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2019, 07:02 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From uk

3 likes received
I'm guessing the main reasons in my favour were

1. Married to an Australian Citizen
2. Owned a property in Australia before I applied for 820
3. Low risk country (UK)
4. I have doctorate degree and work at a good University
5. Good amount of savings
6. Young(ish) 30 when I originally applied
7. I supplied high quality documents
8. Yesterday I sent an enquiry saying that my current mortgage supplier (ANZ) won't let me upgrade my home whilst provisional resident.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #3755 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2019, 07:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
I'm guessing the main reasons in my favour were

1. Married to an Australian Citizen
2. Owned a property in Australia before I applied for 820
3. Low risk country (UK)
4. I have doctorate degree and work at a good University
5. Good amount of savings
6. Young(ish) 30 when I originally applied
7. I supplied high quality documents
8. Yesterday I sent an enquiry saying that my current mortgage supplier (ANZ) won't let me upgrade my home whilst provisional resident.
I've seen some UK 801's take over 10 months recently, similar to the Philippines, so I guess it must be things such as "high quality documents", and already a property owner.

A good application, with strong proof, is often faster.

Congratulations.


Reply With Quote
  #3756 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2019, 05:09 PM
buttersnips's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 99
Users Flag! From uk

10 likes received
16 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
I'm guessing the main reasons in my favour were

1. Married to an Australian Citizen
2. Owned a property in Australia before I applied for 820
3. Low risk country (UK)
4. I have doctorate degree and work at a good University
5. Good amount of savings
6. Young(ish) 30 when I originally applied
7. I supplied high quality documents
8. Yesterday I sent an enquiry saying that my current mortgage supplier (ANZ) won't let me upgrade my home whilst provisional resident.
Congrats! So they granted it for you a day after enquiring?
Did they contact either of you via phone to ensure the relationship was still on going, or just a grant email unannounced?

__________________
British Citizen - 820/801 Visa Applicant -
Applied 820: 23rd Feb 17 - Grant of 820: 20th Jan 18
Applied 801: 23rd Jan 19 - Grant of 801: 7th Jun 18

Reply With Quote
  #3757 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2019, 05:23 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From uk

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttersnips View Post
Congrats! So they granted it for you a day after enquiring?
Did they contact either of you via phone to ensure the relationship was still on going, or just a grant email unannounced?
Just an email, no phonecalls

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #3758 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2019, 06:13 PM
buttersnips's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 99
Users Flag! From uk

10 likes received
16 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
Just an email, no phonecalls
Could you say what exactly you wrote in the enquiry? I'm going to send one soon, and would like to know exactly what to, and what not to say. I feel like good wording is probably important for this

__________________
British Citizen - 820/801 Visa Applicant -
Applied 820: 23rd Feb 17 - Grant of 820: 20th Jan 18
Applied 801: 23rd Jan 19 - Grant of 801: 7th Jun 18

Reply With Quote
  #3759 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2019, 01:24 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From uk

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttersnips View Post
Could you say what exactly you wrote in the enquiry? I'm going to send one soon, and would like to know exactly what to, and what not to say. I feel like good wording is probably important for this
I dont actually think the content of the enquiry was that important. Mine was literally two sentences asking if they could approve me because my I wanted to buy a bigger house (not that compelling an argument really). All the enquiry does is get someone to look at your file.

This is my theory. There are two queue's, one for low risk applicants and one for higher risk applicants (your citizenship is one of many factors in determining this). If you are in the low risk queue, then expect to wait somewhere between 8-14 months. When you send an enquiry, someone looks at your file quickly. If they deem you an easy yes (i.e. an exceptionally high quality candidate with all documents in place), then they may approve you. If there is any doubt in their mind, then you remain in queue. I don't think an enquiry can harm your application, but each case is unique.

JandE likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #3760 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2019, 01:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 127
Please update your flag here .

44 likes received
24 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
I dont actually think the content of the enquiry was that important. Mine was literally two sentences asking if they could approve me because my I wanted to buy a bigger house (not that compelling an argument really). All the enquiry does is get someone to look at your file.

This is my theory. There are two queue's, one for low risk applicants and one for higher risk applicants (your citizenship is one of many factors in determining this). If you are in the low risk queue, then expect to wait somewhere between 8-14 months. When you send an enquiry, someone looks at your file quickly. If they deem you an easy yes (i.e. an exceptionally high quality candidate with all documents in place), then they may approve you. If there is any doubt in their mind, then you remain in queue. I don't think an enquiry can harm your application, but each case is unique.
My nationality didn't seem to affect my applications as I am from high risk country and got approved relatively quickly for both 820 and 801.
I think you are right that the enquiry get them to look at the application (as long as you state valid reasons/ sensible request and being polite). I think the key is well organised evidence, presentation of your documents and the quality of candidate may play a role in the decision as well. At the end of the day this is the final barrier before the citizenship...

Pure guessing here by the way but it makes sense.

JandE and LadyRogueRayne like this.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 100) Waiting Group :) Euroasianman Visas and immigration 1364 Yesterday 03:24 AM
801 partner permanent visa - waiting for 18 mths already LenaYuan Immigration Timelines 5 08-06-2020 11:44 AM
partner permanent visa (801 visa) waiting group!!! sep2011 Visas and immigration 6050 04-06-2017 03:22 AM
801 partner permanent visa - waiting for 18 mths already LenaYuan Visas and immigration 8 02-21-2017 04:59 AM
801 Partner Permanent Visa WAITING (2015) Jayson Visas and immigration 181 02-14-2017 05:19 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:49 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com