Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801) Waiting Group - Page 94

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree2200Likes

Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801) Waiting Group - Page 94


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #931 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2017, 11:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 120
Users Flag! From australia

24 likes received
144 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRose313 View Post
Thank you for the reassurance, Mish. I didn't mind so much stating that I was unemployed so much as why they asked why I was. I simply sited the unemployment rate in my area, and that I frequently apply places.

Odd that my application says "assessment in progress" right away. With the 820 it stayed at "received" and only changed to "assessment in progress" right before it was granted.
It was / is the same for us, that's why I thought it was happening now.

HRose313 likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #932 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2017, 01:11 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 41
Users Flag! From netherlands

14 likes received
13 likes given
hi all, I have applied for the 801 on my eligibility date about 1 month ago. However we are really eager to move on with our lives and move out of my inlaws place - we NEED our own place and have been saving for a deposit. Now that we are ready and have a 8-10% deposit we have been going around to brokers and banks, but no one will touch our mortgage application with being on the 820 visa. Mind you we both have been never been unemployed and have permanent jobs with good pay - but on my partner's pay only there is not enough capacity to borrow in today's crazy market in Melbourne.

Are there any people here that are waiting for the 801 visa and have had success with applying for a joint mortgage?

__________________
WHV Applied & Granted: 2 Sep 2014 | Arrived in Australia: 28 Oct 2014
820 Applied: 30 Sep 2015 | 820 Granted: 23 Jan 2017
Total 820 wait: 15 months 23 days
801 Eligibility: 30 Sep 2017
801 Applied: 1 Oct 2017 | 801 Granted: 8 Jun 2018

Last edited by sirilejeune; 10-24-2017 at 01:15 AM.

Reply With Quote
  #933 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2017, 02:51 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From china

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirilejeune View Post
hi all, I have applied for the 801 on my eligibility date about 1 month ago. However we are really eager to move on with our lives and move out of my inlaws place - we NEED our own place and have been saving for a deposit. Now that we are ready and have a 8-10% deposit we have been going around to brokers and banks, but no one will touch our mortgage application with being on the 820 visa. Mind you we both have been never been unemployed and have permanent jobs with good pay - but on my partner's pay only there is not enough capacity to borrow in today's crazy market in Melbourne.

Are there any people here that are waiting for the 801 visa and have had success with applying for a joint mortgage?
We got the same issue earlier in May when we applied for the joint loan in Sydney.
At the end we did it in Commonwealth Bank. They accepted 820 visa. Approved it in 2 business days. So if you try CBA it shouldn't be any problems in Melbourne if you both have good credit. I will suggest don't go around with Broker, check with bank directly, coz when we applied it I realized a lot of the brokers didn't understand this partner visa & bank's policy quite well. 820 visa may not on the bank's policy list, but they can definitely accept it you both have stable income. you may be qualified to borrow 89.99% even you don't have genuine savings through CBA. If you have genuine savings you may be able to borrow more than 89.99%.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #934 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2017, 04:12 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 41
Users Flag! From netherlands

14 likes received
13 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by amelliagz View Post
We got the same issue earlier in May when we applied for the joint loan in Sydney.
At the end we did it in Commonwealth Bank. They accepted 820 visa. Approved it in 2 business days. So if you try CBA it shouldn't be any problems in Melbourne if you both have good credit. I will suggest don't go around with Broker, check with bank directly, coz when we applied it I realized a lot of the brokers didn't understand this partner visa & bank's policy quite well. 820 visa may not on the bank's policy list, but they can definitely accept it you both have stable income. you may be qualified to borrow 89.99% even you don't have genuine savings through CBA. If you have genuine savings you may be able to borrow more than 89.99%.
thank you!! We bank with CBA and have genuine savings, stable income etc so I'll try them again. The person I have spoken to a couple of times there said they didn't accept my visa but when I stated I've heard otherwise he turned around - that's why it's so confusing to me. but great to hear at least a positive story!

__________________
WHV Applied & Granted: 2 Sep 2014 | Arrived in Australia: 28 Oct 2014
820 Applied: 30 Sep 2015 | 820 Granted: 23 Jan 2017
Total 820 wait: 15 months 23 days
801 Eligibility: 30 Sep 2017
801 Applied: 1 Oct 2017 | 801 Granted: 8 Jun 2018

Reply With Quote
  #935 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2017, 04:23 AM
Syr Syr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 51
Users Flag! From australia

19 likes received
68 likes given
Hi All,
I have a question on behalf of a friend.
what is the visa type you will be granted in case of 801 refusal.
I understand that he can appeal to AAT(Administrative Appeals Tribunal) but what is his visa status while waiting for AAT decision? and does it allow him to apply for any other visas like Skilled Visa?


Reply With Quote
  #936 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2017, 04:25 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From mauritius

Hi all if anyone can read plz reply first time posting don't know how it works

My eligibility date for 801 was 31 Jan 2016 and i lodged my application online on 1st feb 2016 and still waiting its nearly 21 months since I lodged. Issomeone else is in the same boat love to hear from someone


Reply With Quote
  #937 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2017, 04:33 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From china

3 likes received
It's very possible the one you talked to might be not familiar with this 820 visa either. I know each bank has their policy regarding the qualified visa. when I applied it my banker showed it to me and 820 was not on CBA's list. We both bank with CBA as well. However she did a confirmation check very quickly and accepted it. Some of the personal lenders in same bank have a lot of foreign clients while some others mainly do the local application, just go back to them I'm pretty sure they can do it (several other banks accept 820). At the end of the day it's just about how much you can borrow and the best rate among these banks.

sirilejeune likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #938 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2017, 08:12 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 30
Users Flag! From uk

9 likes received
11 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirilejeune View Post
Are there any people here that are waiting for the 801 visa and have had success with applying for a joint mortgage?
Hi,
My partner is a PR and I am on an 820. We had no problems getting a mortgage in both names with ING Direct.

We used Aussie Finance and found they were very helpful identifying specific lender policies for those on an 820. Our broker had good contacts with the lenders so it was easy for him to ask.
My advice would be to ring or visit a few brokers and get a feel for their knowledge.

HTH.

sirilejeune likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #939 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2017, 08:17 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 30
Users Flag! From uk

9 likes received
11 likes given
300>820/801 Confusion!

Hi All,
Im a little confused as to what happens next.
I started on a PMV 300 visa. I applied for an 820/801 on 25/11/15 and the 820 was granted on 3/12/15. I understand this makes my eligibility date for the 801 is 25/11/17.

I see lots of post about lodging the application for the 801 after the eligibility date. The associated processing time is 16/21 months (75/90% processed) ATM.

I seem to recall that because I came from a 300 visa, my process is slightly different to others previously on other visas. But I cant find any reference to this on the DIBP website and after emailing them I just got an automated reply with FAQs.

My grant letter said:
You have been granted a temporary visa and will become eligible for consideration for the grant of a permanent visa. You do not need to make a further application for the permanent visa. Generally, applicants become eligible two years after the date of the lodgement of the combined application. Shortly before that date, the department will write to you and invite to provide further information.

So:
  • Do I need to make an application or do I just wait for them to write to me?
  • Does the same processing times apply to the 300>820/801 route?
  • Can anyone point me to something on the DIBP website that shows this?
Thanks...

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #940 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2017, 09:06 AM
Syr Syr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 51
Users Flag! From australia

19 likes received
68 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by besp View Post
Hi All,
I’m a little confused as to what happens next.
I started on a PMV 300 visa. I applied for an 820/801 on 25/11/15 and the 820 was granted on 3/12/15. I understand this makes my eligibility date for the 801 is 25/11/17.

I see lots of post about lodging the application for the 801 after the eligibility date. The associated processing time is 16/21 months (75/90% processed) ATM.

I seem to recall that because I came from a 300 visa, my process is slightly different to others previously on other visas. But I can’t find any reference to this on the DIBP website and after emailing them I just got an automated reply with FAQ’s.

My grant letter said:
“You have been granted a temporary visa and will become eligible for consideration for the grant of a permanent visa. You do not need to make a further application for the permanent visa. Generally, applicants become eligible two years after the date of the lodgement of the combined application. Shortly before that date, the department will write to you and invite to provide further information.

So:
  • Do I need to make an application or do I just wait for them to write to me?
  • Does the same processing times apply to the 300>820/801 route?
  • Can anyone point me to something on the DIBP website that shows this?
Thanks...
Hi besp,
1- on your eligibility date (25/11/17) go ahead and lodge the second stage 801 partner visa either online or paper whatever you prefer, there will be no application fees as you are not lodging a new application you are just providing the second stage info, the DIBP used to send emails to remand the visa applicant about the second stage but they don't do that any more

2- From what I have seen PMV seems to only affect the 820 processing time, I am my self came through 300>820/801 and my 820 was granted in two weeks similar to you. unfortunately, when it comes to 801 it doesn't affect that much.


Last edited by Syr; 10-24-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 100) Waiting Group :) Euroasianman Visas and immigration 1364 Yesterday 03:24 AM
801 partner permanent visa - waiting for 18 mths already LenaYuan Immigration Timelines 5 08-06-2020 11:44 AM
partner permanent visa (801 visa) waiting group!!! sep2011 Visas and immigration 6050 04-06-2017 03:22 AM
801 partner permanent visa - waiting for 18 mths already LenaYuan Visas and immigration 8 02-21-2017 04:59 AM
801 Partner Permanent Visa WAITING (2015) Jayson Visas and immigration 181 02-14-2017 05:19 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:37 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com