Job offer for Australian potential migrant (Urgent Help) - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3Likes

Job offer for Australian potential migrant (Urgent Help) - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 20
Please update your flag here .

What is FIFO ? My wife will definitely not accept to separate plus here English is zero which I need to pay additional 4k. So big money to be paid and value is not guarante ? Some time i said to my self Maybe better to run small business by these amount


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 124
Users Flag! From australia

5 likes received
32 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by muc View Post
Accept the new job but also apply for immigration.
Hope it helps
Best of luck
I'd go with this as it keeps your options open
You can't put your life on hold because of a visa. Get the aramco job first.

Cheers!


  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 20
Please update your flag here .

And should I pay the remaining expensive 6K USD for only 10 % chance. In fact I lost the interest to move but don't know . I am afraid to regret. ???!!


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2013, 12:51 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From chile

1 likes received
I understand your predicament, most immigrants face similar doubts. I guess you are a little overwhelmed because of the job offer you just got and all the money you have already spent on this process.

Nobody can give you a straight answer here. The 'value' of an Australian PR/citizenship is measured by your own standards and goals in life. I guess at this point, those 6K are a safeguard in case you change your mind in 1-2 years. Remember that if you get the PR, you don't have to move to Australia immediately, you can just make an initial entry while you work out with your family what's best for you.

What was the original reason why you applied for a PR?. Try to think about that for a second and assess if 6K USD are worth an investment for that.

Cheers!

Marianina likes this.

  #15 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2013, 02:41 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 20
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonkler View Post
I understand your predicament, most immigrants face similar doubts. I guess you are a little overwhelmed because of the job offer you just got and all the money you have already spent on this process.

Nobody can give you a straight answer here. The 'value' of an Australian PR/citizenship is measured by your own standards and goals in life. I guess at this point, those 6K are a safeguard in case you change your mind in 1-2 years. Remember that if you get the PR, you don't have to move to Australia immediately, you can just make an initial entry while you work out with your family what's best for you.

What was the original reason why you applied for a PR?. Try to think about that for a second and assess if 6K USD are worth an investment for that.

Cheers!
Thanks very much bonkler. Got confused. In fact I just seek Australian citizenship and can't life in Australia forever. Just looking for passport. Please advise if it is really worth it and if I will end up paying tax even if I work outside Australia ?? Can u share me with some basic calculation. Let's say I skip Australia plan, I can open some small private business for me by working with that company as I can safe a lot of money. How can the value of PR highlighted?

Thanks


  #16 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2013, 02:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 325
Users Flag! From australia

86 likes received
95 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero55 View Post
Thanks very much bonkler. Got confused. In fact I just seek Australian citizenship and can't life in Australia forever. Just looking for passport. Please advise if it is really worth it and if I will end up paying tax even if I work outside Australia ?? Can u share me with some basic calculation. Let's say I skip Australia plan, I can open some small private business for me by working with that company as I can safe a lot of money. How can the value of PR highlighted?

Thanks
Hero,
You will have to make a decision yourself.
Question: why do you want Australian PR?

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #17 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2013, 02:57 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 20
Please update your flag here .

To change my passport only. I just want Australian or Canadian passport then I will back working in Middle east.


  #18 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2013, 05:11 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From chile

1 likes received
If it's just for the sake of the passport, I'd say no.

You'll be highly taxed on your income for benefits you might not use on a 5 year time span.You will spent a lot of money on moving countries.If you think 6k is a lot for a PR, the money you will spend on moving and settling in Australia will seem like a small fortune.

As far as I know, you won't get any significant benefits with an aussie passport while being overseas. It's going to take you at least 4+ years to get your citizenship, so the ROI doesn't look that good on this one.

Cheers


  #19 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2013, 05:53 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 20
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonkler View Post
If it's just for the sake of the passport, I'd say no.

You'll be highly taxed on your income for benefits you might not use on a 5 year time span.You will spent a lot of money on moving countries.If you think 6k is a lot for a PR, the money you will spend on moving and settling in Australia will seem like a small fortune.

As far as I know, you won't get any significant benefits with an aussie passport while being overseas. It's going to take you at least 4+ years to get your citizenship, so the ROI doesn't look that good on this one.

Cheers
Much appreciated for your comprehensive info. What is ROI. And if I work overseas do I still pay tax to aussie government. And is that more or less similar to candian immigration. My single objective is passport and traveling visa within countries. 100% I will not exceed 5yrs in Australia it just getting passport and run away lool

Cheers


  #20 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2013, 07:31 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
I guess I'm confused as to what the point would be of having a passport for a country you never plan to live in...

ROI = Return on Investment, by the way.

__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Failed Australian best job competition candidate gets offer Editor Issues and current events 0 06-06-2013 09:00 AM
Earning potential for lab technicians shadowcomplex Jobs and work 1 10-17-2012 06:15 PM
Skilled Migrant Application with Australian Spouse - extra points? Amandy Visas and immigration 0 08-27-2012 03:50 AM
Urgent Query on Australian Citizenship-HELP!! Anna Schmidt Visas and immigration 4 05-12-2012 02:03 AM
Australian police check(urgent) liaopatrick Visas and immigration 1 06-13-2011 05:34 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:12 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com