PMV from UK

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By missmontie
  • 2 Post By kmarees1986
  • 1 Post By Beckyfacer
  • 1 Post By louiseb

PMV from UK


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2013, 02:53 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 29
Users Flag! From uk

4 likes received
8 likes given
PMV from UK

I am quite new to this website.. I just really wanted to hear from anyone who is in a similiar situation to me. My finance is permanent australian citizen. I am looking to sign up to a migration agent shortly there is so many to choose from. It mainly comes down to cost and service for me.

I am hoping our application will be pretty straight forward. No medical concerns, no children. I also have family in Adelaide where I plan to move to cousins and Auntie. I have been to visit my partner twice since we began our relationship last year. I was wondering about the time scales for PMV from UK at present? Spoke to an agent who told me it had been 6 months but now looking more like 8 months is this other peoples experience?

My partner is finialising his divorce so hoping to complete application now to prevent further delays. So eager to get organised.

All advice much appreciated.


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2013, 07:14 AM
kmarees1986's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Yeppoon, QLD
Posts: 531
Users Flag! From australia

227 likes received
210 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckyfacer View Post
I am quite new to this website.. I just really wanted to hear from anyone who is in a similiar situation to me. My finance is permanent australian citizen. I am looking to sign up to a migration agent shortly there is so many to choose from. It mainly comes down to cost and service for me.

I am hoping our application will be pretty straight forward. No medical concerns, no children. I also have family in Adelaide where I plan to move to cousins and Auntie. I have been to visit my partner twice since we began our relationship last year. I was wondering about the time scales for PMV from UK at present? Spoke to an agent who told me it had been 6 months but now looking more like 8 months is this other peoples experience?

My partner is finialising his divorce so hoping to complete application now to prevent further delays. So eager to get organised.

All advice much appreciated.
Hi Becky, Welcome to the forum!

London processing times for partner visa's are being quoted at 8-9 months at present.

Are you sure you need a migration agent? If your application is straight forward you can certianly do it yourself. There are alot of free resources available online to help you, including this forum.

__________________

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 29
Users Flag! From uk

4 likes received
8 likes given
Thank you for your response Kamress..

How do you know about processing times, do they tell you when your visa is submitted?

Our application should be straightforward. I have no health concerns, I work for the probation service. I just think it is better to get on with it rather than wait for his divorce as that should be through in the next month or so.

I just thought it would be best to go through an agent, as I couldn't bear there being any further delays because I had not completed something properly. I have two jobs so time is difficult. Deciding on an agent is difficult I was quoted 1440:00, then another company quoted 900:00. Though when I stated this to the more expensive company they said my application should be straight forward so they could reduce to 1080:00..

When are you expected to get your visa?


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2013, 12:04 PM
missmontie's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: London
Posts: 176
Users Flag! From uk

58 likes received
50 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to missmontie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckyfacer View Post
I just think it is better to get on with it rather than wait for his divorce as that should be through in the next month or so.
Hi Becky,

I think you need to be free to marry when you make your application (its in the partner migration booklet http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf - page 16).

You might need to wait for your partner to be divorced - although someone might want to correct me if this is not right.

CollegeGirl likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2013, 12:22 PM
kmarees1986's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Yeppoon, QLD
Posts: 531
Users Flag! From australia

227 likes received
210 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckyfacer View Post
Thank you for your response Kamress..

How do you know about processing times, do they tell you when your visa is submitted?

Our application should be straightforward. I have no health concerns, I work for the probation service. I just think it is better to get on with it rather than wait for his divorce as that should be through in the next month or so.

I just thought it would be best to go through an agent, as I couldn't bear there being any further delays because I had not completed something properly. I have two jobs so time is difficult. Deciding on an agent is difficult I was quoted £1440:00, then another company quoted £900:00. Though when I stated this to the more expensive company they said my application should be straight forward so they could reduce to £1080:00..

When are you expected to get your visa?
There are a few UK applicants on here. It is the timeframe that is quoted on the Australian High Comission Website and also in the reciept letter sent by the designated CO once the application is submitted. This has been the case for quite a while - I think I saw someone get a grant around the 7 month mark however theres really nothing you can do to make it any quicker than that.

I understand what you're saying, its daunting the thought of getting it together but it really isnt that hard - especially for PMV because you dont need as much evidence as some of the other partner visas. If I were you i'd make some time to look through the application form and document checklist before you engage an agent.

Miss montie is correct - your partner must be free to marry you at the time you lodge your application so his divorce must be final as you will need to include proof of this. Its likley to take upwards of a month to get the application together regardless of wether you use an agent or not so you're best submitting post divorce.

In terms of not having time and using an agent, you still have to gather the required documents - the agent is just going to guide you as to what and collaborate the application for sunmitting. Of course they will advise and make sure its 100% but you will still have your work cut out for you.

I can only reccommend my agency Overseas Emigration based in Edinburgh. You want to be careful if agents who give you really cheap quotes and guarantees. I had a quote for £500 and promise the visa would be granted. No agent can guarantee you this.

CollegeGirl and Beachgirl like this.
__________________

Last edited by kmarees1986; 07-07-2013 at 12:24 PM.

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2013, 12:25 PM
kmarees1986's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Yeppoon, QLD
Posts: 531
Users Flag! From australia

227 likes received
210 likes given
Oh an we are expecting the visa to be finalised around Jan/Feb. Ours is complicated so it may extend past this time.

__________________

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 29
Users Flag! From uk

4 likes received
8 likes given
I thought it would be advisable to use an agent, as I couldnt bear to get something wrong to then be put at the back of the especially as the wait is now 8 - 9 months..

My partner is due to get his divorce through in the next month or so. Of course I know he has to be divorced first. Though to avoid further delays it is in my interest to get this started now then when his divorce arrives it will all be ready to be lodged. I need to as I'm getting so depressed without him, I even have a second job to keep me busy and take my mind of the distance between us.

Thanks for your response kamress. You don't have too long to wait then fingers crossed it will be sooner than you think

kmarees1986 likes this.

  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2013, 11:21 PM
kmarees1986's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Yeppoon, QLD
Posts: 531
Users Flag! From australia

227 likes received
210 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckyfacer View Post
I thought it would be advisable to use an agent, as I couldnt bear to get something wrong to then be put at the back of the especially as the wait is now 8 - 9 months..

My partner is due to get his divorce through in the next month or so. Of course I know he has to be divorced first. Though to avoid further delays it is in my interest to get this started now then when his divorce arrives it will all be ready to be lodged. I need to as I'm getting so depressed without him, I even have a second job to keep me busy and take my mind of the distance between us.

Thanks for your response kamress. You don't have too long to wait then fingers crossed it will be sooner than you think
No probs Becky, best wishes.

Other than my agent, GoMatilda also get a pretty good wrap. Just make sure the agent you engage is MARA registered. You can use this link to search for local ones if you want personal contact or check out the other forum pomsinoz for more recommendations.

https://www.mara.gov.au/agent/ARSear...x?FolderID=394

__________________

  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2013, 02:52 AM
louiseb's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Australia now, but lived in Malta born in the UK
Posts: 1,036
Users Flag! From australia

270 likes received
287 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to louiseb
Hello beckyfacer welcome to the forum,
Firstly you dont need to be divorced when applying i wasnt divorced when i applied all i did was to inform the agent who then in turn informed the CO that the divorce papers were through, you need to be divorced by the time they grant you the visa obviously. The only problem i found with being married previously was any children your partner or yourself may have from other marriages if they are under 18 they need a medical.

The process is quite straight forward i wish i hadnt even bothered spending thousand of dollars on an agent to be honest although some do believe that the pull from an agent is good when dealing with some offices and CO,s. On the whole its still you and your partner that have to gather all the information and documents the agents can advise you on how to prepare an application if you do have a few difficulties involved in your case ( thus being the reason i had an agent married twice before adopted ect ect)
but if it is straight forward then i dont believe you need an agent. The choice is yours if you feel comfortable handling the application then do it if not then get an agent.

The time frames seem to be longer and longer as time goes on lol unfortunately the once 6 months time frame has now increased to a min of 12 months, it is a long teadous wait but eventually you will get there. You may be lucky and have a decision earlier.
Good luck on your application and remember that on this forum were all ready to help you with any difficulties you may have including experiences on helping you with your application. Your not alone.

louiseb

Beckyfacer likes this.
__________________
i wish to see the smiles of loved ones reunited after months of waiting, god bless you all


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 29
Users Flag! From uk

4 likes received
8 likes given
Hi Louise

Thank you for response, it is a relief to get feedback which is positive.

It is good to know that I can start the process while waiting for his divorce to come through which takes away some of the waiting.

So where are you now in Australia?

I have signed up to an agent today, so things should start to move forward now. She told me the last visa was issued in 7 months. I guess you just never know.

It probably is quite straightforward though I think its best to go through an agent to avoid any further delays and frustrations it is expensive but as long as we get the outcome to be together then its worth it.

My partner is hoping to be visiting the uk through work in Sep/oct fingers crossed it goes ahead. Miss him so much.

Hope they inform of time scales as I want to go pretty soon as my visa arrives. Though I have to arrange my house to be rented which is my only worry. Will be glad when I finally emigrate I won't be working two jobs just the one.

Ive been told some of the supporting evidence will be emails we will have sent to each other, how many do they usually prefer we have hundreds..

Thank you for the support.

How are you enjoying your life in Australia Louise? xx


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:06 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com