student visa enquiry

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

student visa enquiry

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2013, 09:42 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From pakistan

Question student visa enquiry

i was on student visa in the uk, i work for retail company, i give few items to my friend for free and my employer called the poilice and polica arrested me,
now after the bail i came back to my country and now police is looking for me in egnalnd.
i am planing to apply for Australian student visa, do they check my previous history of england even i left england from last 6months.
my lawyer said i dont have crimnal record but police wish to charge me, please tell me if anyone know about it.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:47 AM
MarkNortham's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,747
Users Flag! From australia

1452 likes received
150 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to MarkNortham
Hi Lakhoali -

If you lived in the UK for 12 months or longer (total time lived there) during the last 10 years, you may be asked to submit a UK police clearance certificate as part of your application for a student visa for Australia. Also, there are character-related questions on the student visa application (you can look at DIAC form 157A to see the exact wording of these) which must be answered - ie, "Have you been charged with..." - a "yes" answer on any of these can cause your case officer to request a UK police clearance certificate even if you were not in the UK for 12 months or more during the last 10 years. My advice: tell the truth on the forms, and engage an attorney to resolve your situation in the UK so it's not hanging over your head in future immigration plans to other countries, etc.

Hope this helps -


Mark Northam

Mark Northam
Immigration Lawyer and Registered Migration Agent

LLB, GradDipLaw, GradCertMigrLaw, BBA(Acctg) MARN 1175508
Northam Lawyers [email protected]
Co-Host, Coming 2 Oz live video show:

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
189 visa enquiry lechu Visas and immigration 1 09-01-2013 01:57 AM
Enquiry about visa egykangaroo Visas and immigration 8 06-18-2013 12:45 PM
Visa Enquiry CJH Visas and immigration 7 04-17-2012 11:23 AM
enquiry about 857 visa. sidhu_sahib Education 0 09-15-2011 04:26 AM
Student visa enquiry. Markp Visas and immigration 0 04-25-2011 11:32 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.