461 Visa TIMELINE OR ANY UPDATES 2017 - Page 17

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree12Likes

461 Visa TIMELINE OR ANY UPDATES 2017 - Page 17


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #161 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2019, 04:35 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 15
Users Flag! From ireland

1 likes received
Thought I'd share my story as I read a lot of mis-information out there.

I am from Ireland. My wife is from NZ.
I came to Aus on a WHV, aged 34.
Previously lived in NZ for 4 years and Ireland married for 1.
Landed June 12 2019.
Started a job a week later. Digital Marketing Manager with a start up. Salary 110k.

I applied via post for my 461 and received my receipt and bridging visa A 3 days later

My WHV work restrictions carried over. Presume this is all automated.
Filled out a 1445 and got a letter from employer, supporting my application. Outlined why I wanted to lift restrictions. Highlighted the 461 waiting times and supporting myself + contributing to aus economy.
1 week later. Work restrictions were lifted on WHV and BVA.

Now I just wait and I can apply for a BVB to travel.

All fairly painless.
Every "Expert" I've talked to made the process out to be some dark magic. Honestly, the easiest and quickest immigration process I've ever encountered.


Reply With Quote
  #162 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2019, 04:52 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 10
Users Flag! From taiwan

5 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenk View Post
my visa was just approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats! Lauren. What a great news!!!!!! I'm feeling delighted and excited for you, hopefully mine can be approved when reaching 2 years mark. Applied march 2018


Reply With Quote
  #163 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2019, 06:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 60
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
Zero still

:-[

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny85283 View Post
Yes I've had zero contact for 25 months so I'd say that is a very good sign
Still nothing??


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #164 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2019, 06:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 60
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
I can't believe it!
Amazing news congratulations. Thanks for all the fellowship and support


See you in five years!!! 🙈

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenk View Post
my visa was just approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Reply With Quote
  #165 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2019, 10:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 60
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
That's great about the work restrictions. It seems to be fairly easy to have them lifted, anecdotally anyway. I've found my three or four BVB I've had have been granted very quickly, one of them for six months.
It has however been very unsettling to be on a bridging visa for two years, and for a five year visa.
My initial 461 - 7 years ago now - was granted within two weeks. It's been a frustrating wait this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex1985 View Post
Thought I'd share my story as I read a lot of mis-information out there.

I am from Ireland. My wife is from NZ.
I came to Aus on a WHV, aged 34.
Previously lived in NZ for 4 years and Ireland married for 1.
Landed June 12 2019.
Started a job a week later. Digital Marketing Manager with a start up. Salary 110k.

I applied via post for my 461 and received my receipt and bridging visa A 3 days later

My WHV work restrictions carried over. Presume this is all automated.
Filled out a 1445 and got a letter from employer, supporting my application. Outlined why I wanted to lift restrictions. Highlighted the 461 waiting times and supporting myself + contributing to aus economy.
1 week later. Work restrictions were lifted on WHV and BVA.

Now I just wait and I can apply for a BVB to travel.

All fairly painless.
Every "Expert" I've talked to made the process out to be some dark magic. Honestly, the easiest and quickest immigration process I've ever encountered.


Reply With Quote
  #166 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2019, 01:36 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 15
Users Flag! From ireland

1 likes received
Thanks Vinny. Yeah very happy to get over the stress of this first hurdle and makes me feel a bit more comfortable being here.

I suppose the long wait is the actual visa I applied for. See how that goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny85283 View Post
That's great about the work restrictions. It seems to be fairly easy to have them lifted, anecdotally anyway. I've found my three or four BVB I've had have been granted very quickly, one of them for six months.
It has however been very unsettling to be on a bridging visa for two years, and for a five year visa.
My initial 461 - 7 years ago now - was granted within two weeks. It's been a frustrating wait this time around.


Reply With Quote
  #167 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2019, 04:24 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

I chose to do everything myself. Has anyone else done this? How long did it take to get any further information outside of the email saying application received and bridging visa approved?


Reply With Quote
  #168 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2019, 05:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 60
Users Flag! From uk

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny85283 View Post
I can't believe it!
Amazing news congratulations. Thanks for all the fellowship and support


See you in five years!!! 🙈
When did you apply again, i can't remember? Keep hounding immigration and they may reply, like they randomly did with me after i got shirty with them


Reply With Quote
  #169 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2019, 05:16 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 15
Users Flag! From ireland

1 likes received
Doing it myself. Application started 4 weeks ago.

BVA and job restrictions lifted. It's fairly straight forward in my situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I chose to do everything myself. Has anyone else done this? How long did it take to get any further information outside of the email saying application received and bridging visa approved?


Reply With Quote
  #170 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2019, 06:48 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 44
Users Flag! From canada

2 likes received
6 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajbir123 View Post
Hello everyone... I applied for 461 on 5 of this month at ahc delhi,so i am definitely at bottom of pile. on 15 of this month i got email asking for medical and pcc..isnt it too early??i am confused its good or bad?plz reply
Late reply but processing can be very fast overseas. I got my 461 in two days in Canada.

India is usually slow though from what I've read.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timeline (PMV 300) applied for in 2017 bunningssnags Visas and immigration 405 02-17-2019 08:21 AM
Urgent Help needed about New Skilled Occupations Lists for 2017-18 on 1st July 2017 Yopi Visas and immigration 1 07-05-2017 06:44 AM
Family sponsored visitor visa May 2017 maheshvarmas Visas and immigration 2 06-21-2017 12:32 PM
Changes to partner visa (onshore) in 2017? al_ghazal Visas and immigration 0 04-19-2017 11:48 AM
461 Visa Processing timeline New Delhi msvas Visas and immigration 32 06-26-2015 09:24 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:54 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com