461 Visa TIMELINE OR ANY UPDATES 2017 - Page 21

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree12Likes

461 Visa TIMELINE OR ANY UPDATES 2017 - Page 21


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #201 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2019, 06:00 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 8
Users Flag! From australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillkimberly View Post
They received mine on 4th July 2017 onshore. You still haven't heard anything? It could be different if you are from a high risk country or if you didn't send in all the required documents. Mine was a low risk country and I sent a decision ready application except for the police cert (because it only lasts 12 months so I didn't want to send it too early and let it expire).
i have sent them a lot of documents and i have been sending them updates also but never received any email from them. i sent them a email today again. they never requested anything not even a case officer have been assigned to my file yet? So annoying


Reply With Quote
  #202 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2019, 06:10 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 19
Users Flag! From singapore

1 likes received
6 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by surjeet01 View Post
i have sent them a lot of documents and i have been sending them updates also but never received any email from them. i sent them a email today again. they never requested anything not even a case officer have been assigned to my file yet? So annoying
I also never received emails from them even though I sent about 10 asking what the status was. They only answered one time, in February 2019, they said that they were currently processing applications from Feb 2017. After that reply, I stopped contacting them altogether. And then they requested for the police cert in Aug. So I sent a few emails. First I sent more proof of ongoing relationship. Then a few weeks later I sent Australian police cert. Then weeks later Singapore police cert. They didn't reply anything, but they granted the visa within 1.5 months. So silence from them doesn't mean that they forgot about you. Just be patient. Good luck!


Reply With Quote
  #203 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2019, 06:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 60
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
That's great to hear thanks Jill and congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillkimberly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny85283 View Post
Same timeframe for me, nothing yet
I applied July 2017. They contacted me August 2019 for more details (police cert, proof of ongoing relationship). I sent everything in and my visa was granted 27 Sep 2019. Yours should come soon, good luck!


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #204 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2019, 09:04 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

They received my application on the 3rd July 2017, I was contacted on the 10th September 2019 asking for up to date information, I had 28 days to send it in. I sent in my police checks yesterday and was planning on sending in a whole lot of documents and evidence to cover the last 2 years by the end of the week but they granted my visa today!!! Such a relief. In the 2 and a bit years I was waiting I didn’t have any contact from the office other than when I got granted bridging visas to leave the country. It seems quite a few visas have been granted recently so hopefully that means they are starting to process them a bit faster!


Reply With Quote
  #205 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2019, 06:01 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Hi all, applied for my 461 Visa 13 June 2018.. approved 03 October 2019... but they refused my 23 year old daughter. even though she is 100% dependent on me as she is studying. anyone who has appealed ?? can I? as the letter said No further assessment of this visa application can be taken?


Reply With Quote
  #206 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2019, 05:15 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Hi All,
applied for my Visa 23 June 2018, case worker assigned 4 September 2019, asked for new Police clearance, and medical checks. I had 21 Days to have this done. on 24 September I was asked for proof of relationship. with photos and joint accounts and assets. On 2 October my Visa was granted. Excluding one of my children. - on the letter it said I cant review her application? and now?? do I just leave my child behind?


Reply With Quote
  #207 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2019, 12:16 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 13
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMC View Post
Hi All,
applied for my Visa 23 June 2018, case worker assigned 4 September 2019, asked for new Police clearance, and medical checks. I had 21 Days to have this done. on 24 September I was asked for proof of relationship. with photos and joint accounts and assets. On 2 October my Visa was granted. Excluding one of my children. - on the letter it said I cant review her application? and now?? do I just leave my child behind?
Hi there. At 23 years of age I think she is too old to be included as a dependent for the 461....From the Immi Australia 461 website..." Usually, your child must be under 23 years old to be included in your application. However, a child over 23 years of age can be included if they are unable to earn a living to support themselves due to physical or cognitive limitations. In this case, please provide information about the physical or cognitive limitations."

Would seem that, if she's just a student and there is no other reason that she would be considered dependent, that she might need her own visa to be able to accompany you. At this stage of your visa journey it might be best to retain the services of someone who can help you make a plan (MARA agent or immigration lawyer).


Reply With Quote
  #208 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2019, 10:29 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagar_1 View Post
Hi there. At 23 years of age I think she is too old to be included as a dependent for the 461....From the Immi Australia 461 website..." Usually, your child must be under 23 years old to be included in your application. However, a child over 23 years of age can be included if they are unable to earn a living to support themselves due to physical or cognitive limitations. In this case, please provide information about the physical or cognitive limitations."

Would seem that, if she's just a student and there is no other reason that she would be considered dependent, that she might need her own visa to be able to accompany you. At this stage of your visa journey it might be best to retain the services of someone who can help you make a plan (MARA agent or immigration lawyer).
Sadly we did use a immigration lawyer. and they advise as long as she was under 23 at the time of us lodging, she would be fine. and she was 21 and 6 mth old ath the time.


Reply With Quote
  #209 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2019, 09:41 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Hi all!

(Ive also uploaded this query in a separate thread altogether).

My partner and I are applying for 461 onshore.

In everyone's experience, must all supporting proof of our relationship be physically (printed) sent with the application?

Alternatively, can I send via a USB or have an opportunity to upload documents on the IMMI website after application lodgement?

Thank you in advance!


Reply With Quote
  #210 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2019, 12:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 60
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
I sure hope so, thanks for letting us know and congratulations Kate

We applied the same week so I'm hoping for first contact soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katehul View Post
They received my application on the 3rd July 2017, I was contacted on the 10th September 2019 asking for up to date information, I had 28 days to send it in. I sent in my police checks yesterday and was planning on sending in a whole lot of documents and evidence to cover the last 2 years by the end of the week but they granted my visa today!!! Such a relief. In the 2 and a bit years I was waiting I didn’t have any contact from the office other than when I got granted bridging visas to leave the country. It seems quite a few visas have been granted recently so hopefully that means they are starting to process them a bit faster!


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timeline (PMV 300) applied for in 2017 bunningssnags Visas and immigration 405 02-17-2019 08:21 AM
Urgent Help needed about New Skilled Occupations Lists for 2017-18 on 1st July 2017 Yopi Visas and immigration 1 07-05-2017 06:44 AM
Family sponsored visitor visa May 2017 maheshvarmas Visas and immigration 2 06-21-2017 12:32 PM
Changes to partner visa (onshore) in 2017? al_ghazal Visas and immigration 0 04-19-2017 11:48 AM
461 Visa Processing timeline New Delhi msvas Visas and immigration 32 06-26-2015 09:24 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:54 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com