Contributory Parent Visa - Need help

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Contributory Parent Visa - Need help

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2009, 04:15 AM
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

Contributory Parent Visa - Need help

I am seeking assistance in lodging a Contributory parent visa. Any and all advice would be highly appreciated.
- I am a temporary resident in Australia (aged 56 yrs) on a 457 Visa (for last 4 years).
- My daughter completed her 2 year study in Australia, and recently got her Permanent residency. She has a good job and well settled.
- Can she sponsor me on a Contributory Parent Visa ?
- If so, which would be the best suited visa to apply, while still living in Australia? SC 143(Permanent) or SC 173(Temporary) ? Cost being no issue.
- Can I directly apply for a SC 143 - Permanent Contributory Parent visa, without going through the Temporary 2 year visa part.
- My wife and 16 year old son would be the partner and dependent applicants alongwith me.
- I see the fees is about $22,000 for the Temporary residency and about $ 36,000 for the Permanent. Is it for me alone or for my wife and son too.
- Also let me know the usual amount requested for AoS. Again a total amount for me, wife and son. I believe it is around $10,000 ...

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
For the Subclass 143 Visa you need to have held a Sc173 V if you have a read of the how it works and eligibility section and a Sc173 is for when a parent[s] are outside of Australia.

You may be able to apply for it while in Australia but I'd expect you'll need to be outside of Australia when it is to be granted.

If you have a look at a link for visa charges you usually find that it makes reference to secondary applicants or other family members which your wife and son would be, and if no separate reference, the fee for primary applicants would include others on that visa.

But there are also eligibility requiremnts for others.

Read all eligibility and 'applying for this visa' sections [including links]thoroughly and you'll get up to speed with the steps involved.

Once you reckon you've seen all there is to see and still have further questions, give immi a ring on 131881 and push some numbers to get through to the right section and you'll find immi people helpful.
They'll be able to confirm on whether you can apply for the 173 in Australia or have to leave etc.

I'll move this to the visas & immigration section.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Contributory Parent (subclass 143) EnterTheSadMan Visas and immigration 2 08-23-2011 03:31 PM
Contributory Parent (Migrant) visa (subclass 143) winsonlee Visas and immigration 6 08-04-2010 05:28 AM
Contributory Parent Visa ab_uma Visas and immigration 4 07-06-2010 12:48 PM
Parent visa for Mum Sun Visas and immigration 3 06-24-2010 12:39 PM
parent visa tillybilly Visas and immigration 2 01-08-2010 09:59 PM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.