Will new changes affect partially saved applications?

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree7Likes

Will new changes affect partially saved applications?


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-24-2017, 08:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 106
Users Flag! From australia

14 likes received
7 likes given
Will new changes affect partially saved applications?

With the new changes to Partner visas will we have to start the PMV & sponsor applications all over again?

Before 18th Nov we have filled in most of it & saved but are just waiting for the divorce papers before we submit.

TIA


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-24-2017, 09:01 AM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,479
Users Flag! From australia

2391 likes received
175 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
You may find that there are some changes to the saved forms.

__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-24-2017, 09:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 106
Users Flag! From australia

14 likes received
7 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMS View Post
You may find that there are some changes to the saved forms.
Ok so in your opinion best to print what we have filled in already & deleted the saved applications & start again?


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-24-2017, 10:33 AM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,479
Users Flag! From australia

2391 likes received
175 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
I would just try and finalise the existing applications and see how you go.

__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-24-2017, 08:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 106
Users Flag! From australia

14 likes received
7 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMS View Post
I would just try and finalise the existing applications and see how you go.
What about the ‘upload all evidence when lodged or it may not be included in decision’
We will have police checks or at least are being processed but what about the medical. Going to lodge in 1-2 weeks is that enough time to have it organized/done before or can we still wait until they are requested?

__________________
PMV applied: 7th Dec 2017
Request more info: 5th Feb 2018
Info updated: 6th Feb 2018
PMV Granted: 6th Feb 2018
820/801 applied: 12th Oct 2018
Request more info: 18th Feb 2019
Info updated: 5th March 2019
820 Granted: 7th March 2019

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-24-2017, 08:21 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 34
Users Flag! From australia

9 likes received
1 likes given
I read in another forum just recently, with the medicals, to hold off. Because medicals are only valid for 12months, same with police checks. And by the time they actually get around to processing the application, they'll have expired. So you'll need to re-do.

I don't know how much truth their is in that though.

A friend of mine found that anything they missed, their case manager literally just said "get this organised and upload" and it was sweet. I think I submitted ours before my police check was fully finalised, and I just uploaded receipt as confirmation. His was an FBI check so that was already back.

Even after you click submit you can still keep adding in things.

HRose313 likes this.

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2017, 01:57 AM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,479
Users Flag! From australia

2391 likes received
175 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessEnvy View Post
What about the ‘upload all evidence when lodged or it may not be included in decision’
We will have police checks or at least are being processed but what about the medical. Going to lodge in 1-2 weeks is that enough time to have it organized/done before or can we still wait until they are requested?
There is no need to complete medicals and police checks straight after lodgement. The best time to do them is before someone starts processing your application, but not so early that they will expire before your application has been finalised.

Everything else should be provided on the same day you lodge the application.

HRose313 likes this.
__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2017, 03:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Victoria, AU
Posts: 242
Users Flag! From usa

93 likes received
1987 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
I read in another forum just recently, with the medicals, to hold off. Because medicals are only valid for 12months, same with police checks. And by the time they actually get around to processing the application, they'll have expired. So you'll need to re-do.

I don't know how much truth their is in that though.

A friend of mine found that anything they missed, their case manager literally just said "get this organised and upload" and it was sweet. I think I submitted ours before my police check was fully finalised, and I just uploaded receipt as confirmation. His was an FBI check so that was already back.

Even after you click submit you can still keep adding in things.
Honestly, I was surprised that immigration have decided to "stop reminding" people of documents they need as I thought that applicants uploading everything at once was pretty much a given. I was very shocked to see that they re-sent out the required and recommended documents list to applicants around six months after they applied telling them that if these documents "weren't already uploaded that they should do so now" back when I applied. To be honest, this seemed to do more harm than good.
I'm not sure how strict this new policy will be (if its even enacted yet), but CO's reminding applicants of documents or telling them what else is needed down the road always depended on who the applicant gets as a CO. It's all down to chance; you may get someone who is more lenient or someone who will deny you outright.


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2017, 12:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 106
Users Flag! From australia

14 likes received
7 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMS View Post
There is no need to complete medicals and police checks straight after lodgement. The best time to do them is before someone starts processing your application, but not so early that they will expire before your application has been finalised.

Everything else should be provided on the same day you lodge the application.
So once someone starts processing the application they will send the request to complete medicals with the HAP ID?

I read in My Health Declarations to not do this yourself once you have lodged as it will slow application down.

By the way thank you so much for you replies

HRose313 likes this.

  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2017, 01:32 AM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,479
Users Flag! From australia

2391 likes received
175 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessEnvy View Post
So once someone starts processing the application they will send the request to complete medicals with the HAP ID?

I read in My Health Declarations to not do this yourself once you have lodged as it will slow application down.

By the way thank you so much for you replies
The medical information will appear in your ImmiAccount after you have lodged the application. No point in doing it beforehand. I normally advise clients to wait a few months with the medicals, unless it is specifically requested or it is for an application with a short processing time.

PrincessEnvy likes this.

__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
accesing saved pages immiaccount bluey500 New member introductions 0 03-15-2015 06:14 AM
Will this affect our stage 2? Marcantony Visas and immigration 14 01-28-2013 12:25 AM
Does having children affect PMV? Luthien1980 Visas and immigration 1 12-05-2010 12:54 PM
difference in permanent applications and provisional applications multani Visas and immigration 1 05-05-2009 01:02 PM
New CSL affect old applications? ritu Visas and immigration 3 03-19-2009 05:51 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:46 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com