PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 169

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1611Likes

PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 169


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1681 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2015, 02:42 AM
Gemini64's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Florida/Sydney
Posts: 127
Users Flag! From usa

54 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyB View Post
So the packers/movers are coming this Friday, the closing on the house is in a week and we plan on entering AUS in about 4 weeks. I need a vacation!
Congrats. Exciting times ahead. You got your visa in lightening quick time! Can I ask how long it took for your FBI check, and did you use a channeler?

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #1682 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2015, 03:00 AM
WendyB's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 63
Users Flag! From usa

31 likes received
119 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini64 View Post
Congrats. Exciting times ahead. You got your visa in lightening quick time! Can I ask how long it took for your FBI check, and did you use a channeler?
I actually got my FBI check before I submitted my application (end July) thinking that I would get the statutory declarations fast. HA! That wasn't nearly as easy as I thought. The first couple of people who said they'd be glad to write one, never did. And of course, I waited to submit until I had everything in hand.
I didn't use a channeler as at the time I submitted for the FBI check it was still a 4 week wait. Right after I got mine back it stretched out the the 12 weeks+ wait.
The CO was gracious enough to grant me until October to enter the country.......tho we are going to be back mid-June.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #1683 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2015, 03:21 AM
Gemini64's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Florida/Sydney
Posts: 127
Users Flag! From usa

54 likes received
1 likes given
Yeah there's quite a wait now for FBI reports - 4 months seems a stretch. My husband only submitted his around April 9 so will see how long it takes. I guess in a way it's good to have everything ready before filing. We filed using an agent, because I didn't feel like wading through the process unguided. And lucky for us the money to pay for the agent was a pleasant and unexpected windfall.

WendyB likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1684 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2015, 03:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 58
Users Flag! From australia

10 likes received
36 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini64 View Post
Yeah there's quite a wait now for FBI reports - 4 months seems a stretch. My husband only submitted his around April 9 so will see how long it takes. I guess in a way it's good to have everything ready before filing. We filed using an agent, because I didn't feel like wading through the process unguided. And lucky for us the money to pay for the agent was a pleasant and unexpected windfall.
Hey Gemini,
I sent out for my FBI check using a channeler, National Credit reporting, recommended on the immigration website. I had my fingerprints taken on Monday last week and sent them out the same day, priority mail. I got an extra copy of the report so it cost me around $50.... I got the report back TODAY! Well worth it I thought. 7 days all up.
I just thought I'd let you know in case you end up waiting for the FBI report for a while.
Cheers
Skip


Reply With Quote
  #1685 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2015, 03:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 58
Users Flag! From australia

10 likes received
36 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyB View Post
I actually got my FBI check before I submitted my application (end July) thinking that I would get the statutory declarations fast. HA! That wasn't nearly as easy as I thought. The first couple of people who said they'd be glad to write one, never did. And of course, I waited to submit until I had everything in hand.
I didn't use a channeler as at the time I submitted for the FBI check it was still a 4 week wait. Right after I got mine back it stretched out the the 12 weeks+ wait.
The CO was gracious enough to grant me until October to enter the country.......tho we are going to be back mid-June.
Whoooohoooo! Congratulations! Nice to hear you are on your way!
One question. ..did you also get you medical exam done before submitting the app? My partner had completed the FBI check and was going to get his physical done but then we found out that the immigration department recommends you wait until instructed to do so. He had already completed the "My Health Declarations", so I am hoping that doesn't hold things up. We are still considering just getting it done so we feel like we are doing something to help the process along It's hard to just wait...
All the best for the move!

WendyB likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #1686 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2015, 05:37 AM
Gemini64's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Florida/Sydney
Posts: 127
Users Flag! From usa

54 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineSkip View Post
Hey Gemini, I sent out for my FBI check using a channeler, National Credit reporting, recommended on the immigration website. I had my fingerprints taken on Monday last week and sent them out the same day, priority mail. I got an extra copy of the report so it cost me around $50.... I got the report back TODAY! Well worth it I thought. 7 days all up. I just thought I'd let you know in case you end up waiting for the FBI report for a while. Cheers Skip
thanks for that info Skip, we're ok to wait, as it fits in with our plans. But that's great you got your report in 7 days. How are those lobsters doing?

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #1687 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2015, 11:09 AM
WendyB's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 63
Users Flag! From usa

31 likes received
119 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineSkip View Post
Whoooohoooo! Congratulations! Nice to hear you are on your way!
One question. ..did you also get you medical exam done before submitting the app? My partner had completed the FBI check and was going to get his physical done but then we found out that the immigration department recommends you wait until instructed to do so. He had already completed the "My Health Declarations", so I am hoping that doesn't hold things up. We are still considering just getting it done so we feel like we are doing something to help the process along It's hard to just wait...
All the best for the move!
No, I submitted the application and then scheduled the medical right away.
I didn't wait for Immi to ask for it.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #1688 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2015, 12:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 58
Users Flag! From australia

10 likes received
36 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini64 View Post
. How are those lobsters doing?
Hey Gemini!
It's going to be another slow start to the season I think. The harbour was still iced over by the middle of last month. The cold winters usually make them come in later.
I am usually all in by now, boat, traps, everything. Last year we went backwards on fuel and bait waiting for the lobsters to show up so I am sitting in out for a another couple of weeks.
We have 400 traps ready to go. ..but they are still in the yard!


Reply With Quote
  #1689 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2015, 12:20 PM
Gemini64's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Florida/Sydney
Posts: 127
Users Flag! From usa

54 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineSkip View Post
Hey Gemini! It's going to be another slow start to the season I think. The harbour was still iced over by the middle of last month. The cold winters usually make them come in later. I am usually all in by now, boat, traps, everything. Last year we went backwards on fuel and bait waiting for the lobsters to show up so I am sitting in out for a another couple of weeks. We have 400 traps ready to go. ..but they are still in the yard!
I've always wanted to see the Maine lighthouses and drive along the coast. Sounds like you also need loads of patience in your work. I'm hoping my husband will be in OZ for Christmas too!!

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #1690 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2015, 08:33 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 9
Users Flag! From usa

9 likes received
Smile Grant Letter

Hi everyone,

as posted last time, I got my approval. Today, my grant letter arrived in my e-mail since I am outside of Australia. It's finally happened.

We had applied back in September 2014 and with approval coming in May 2015. So about 8-9 months (which is quoted on their website).

Thank you

Hyperion and Kika88 like this.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Washington DC timeline by BradsterUSA kttykat Visas and immigration 1881 04-21-2015 02:34 AM
New 309 Checklist Washington, now requires form 80 kttykat Visas and immigration 7 02-28-2013 05:18 AM
309 Application fee Washington DC kttykat Visas and immigration 13 12-22-2012 04:47 AM
just a head's up fro 309 applicants through Washington DC Chrissie Visas and immigration 0 07-30-2010 05:34 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:59 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com