PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 205

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1643Likes

PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 205


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #2041 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2016, 02:46 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From australia

4 likes received
4 likes given
And the wait begins...


So we finally uploaded all our relevant docs etc having made application online offshore a month ago - all police checks etc were submitted at the same time. My fiance has to complete a medical which is booked in for June 2 and then fingers crossed we get a response to our visa. The waiting is killing me yet we remain positive - all the blessings to everyone else waiting and applying - stay positive & be thorough!


Reply With Quote
  #2042 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From australia

4 likes received
4 likes given
Medical done - now more waiting - fingers crossed this is toward the end yay

Australia2USA likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #2043 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2016, 01:16 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 37
Users Flag! From usa

4 likes given
Anyone know current estimated wait times for the US? I was hearing from other places it was taking 9-12 months frequently now but have seen some people who seem to still be getting granted in 5-6.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2044 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2016, 01:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by mliw90 View Post
Anyone know current estimated wait times for the US? I was hearing from other places it was taking 9-12 months frequently now but have seen some people who seem to still be getting granted in 5-6.
Not exactly current, but applied for my 300 mid Dec 2015 and actually was approved in 3 1/2 months and granted when we left the country in May this year. CO did mention at the time if we didn't leave by May for activation that it would have to wait until July, so there may have been a couple months of delay during June/July. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

mliw90 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #2045 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 37
Users Flag! From usa

4 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
Not exactly current, but applied for my 300 mid Dec 2015 and actually was approved in 3 1/2 months and granted when we left the country in May this year. CO did mention at the time if we didn't leave by May for activation that it would have to wait until July, so there may have been a couple months of delay during June/July. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
That's good to hear. I hope I have as good of luck as you haha. Did you submit online? I'm wondering if online applications are processed any faster. I suppose it probably is impossible to say. Either way that's what I'll be doing. Going to get my police checks and the NOIM + all other important documents ready to go and submitted right away. Then I will get medicals done after submission I think (this is what you're supposed to do correct cause I believe you need a HAP ID or something?) and also my fiancee's divorce certificate once that arrives (we are gonna submit the day her divorce should be officiated in Oct).


Reply With Quote
  #2046 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2016, 03:45 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From usa

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
Not exactly current, but applied for my 300 mid Dec 2015 and actually was approved in 3 1/2 months and granted when we left the country in May this year. CO did mention at the time if we didn't leave by May for activation that it would have to wait until July, so there may have been a couple months of delay during June/July. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Can you explain/elaborate on having to leave by a certain date?

I just submitted my application a couple weeks ago and was under the impression that you could leave anytime within the 9 month window after the visa was approved.

In my situation, I have a lease for my apartment that doesn't end until June 1st 2017 - so I can't exactly pick up and leave early


Last edited by cutex; 08-08-2016 at 04:02 PM.

Reply With Quote
  #2047 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2016, 11:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by mliw90 View Post
That's good to hear. I hope I have as good of luck as you haha. Did you submit online? I'm wondering if online applications are processed any faster. I suppose it probably is impossible to say. Either way that's what I'll be doing. Going to get my police checks and the NOIM + all other important documents ready to go and submitted right away. Then I will get medicals done after submission I think (this is what you're supposed to do correct cause I believe you need a HAP ID or something?) and also my fiancee's divorce certificate once that arrives (we are gonna submit the day her divorce should be officiated in Oct).
Yes we submitted online but I don't know if that way is any faster than paper applications, but it was certainly easier as we could continue to upload docs right away and not worry about things getting lost in the mail or having to get certified copies of docs (color scans don't need to be certified).

And I did medicals after submission. Once submitted, there was a link for a medical questionnaire in my immi account. After completing that, I was given a HAP ID and the form needed for the medical plus instructions on booking an approved doc.


Last edited by Skybluebrewer; 08-09-2016 at 12:16 AM.

Reply With Quote
  #2048 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2016, 12:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutex View Post
Can you explain/elaborate on having to leave by a certain date?

I just submitted my application a couple weeks ago and was under the impression that you could leave anytime within the 9 month window after the visa was approved.

In my situation, I have a lease for my apartment that doesn't end until June 1st 2017 - so I can't exactly pick up and leave early
Are you currently outside of Australia? I applied from the US but went to Australia on an ETA in Feb and so I had to go offshore from Oz for the 300 to be granted... hence why I was asked to leave. If you're already offshore, you'll get the visa grant notification when it's granted and must enter Oz before the 9 months are up. I wouldn't wait until the last minute though as you also have to apply for the next stage (820/801) after you marry and before your 300 expires if you're onshore or you'll technically overstay when the 300 expires, I think.


Last edited by Skybluebrewer; 08-09-2016 at 12:15 AM.

Reply With Quote
  #2049 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2016, 02:55 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From usa

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
Are you currently outside of Australia? I applied from the US but went to Australia on an ETA in Feb and so I had to go offshore from Oz for the 300 to be granted... hence why I was asked to leave. If you're already offshore, you'll get the visa grant notification when it's granted and must enter Oz before the 9 months are up. I wouldn't wait until the last minute though as you also have to apply for the next stage (820/801) after you marry and before your 300 expires if you're onshore or you'll technically overstay when the 300 expires, I think.
Ah, got it. Yes I'm currently outside of Australia (California).

We're planning for me to move at the end of May 2017 and have a tentative wedding date in September 2017 - so I'm vacillating between stressing that our visa won't be granted in time vs. it'll be granted too early


Reply With Quote
  #2050 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2016, 07:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutex View Post
Ah, got it. Yes I'm currently outside of Australia (California).

We're planning for me to move at the end of May 2017 and have a tentative wedding date in September 2017 - so I'm vacillating between stressing that our visa won't be granted in time vs. it'll be granted too early
We got around that by setting a reasonable date in the NOIM (which is changeable at the registry office anyway). We're getting married at the registry office in a few days but the big wedding isn't until March so plenty of time to plan and for overseas friends to make preparations.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Washington DC timeline by BradsterUSA kttykat Visas and immigration 1881 04-21-2015 01:34 AM
New 309 Checklist Washington, now requires form 80 kttykat Visas and immigration 7 02-28-2013 04:18 AM
309 Application fee Washington DC kttykat Visas and immigration 13 12-22-2012 03:47 AM
just a head's up fro 309 applicants through Washington DC Chrissie Visas and immigration 0 07-30-2010 04:34 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:00 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com