PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 239

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1643Likes

PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 239


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #2381 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2018, 03:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctoaus View Post
thanks so much SWEDE! ya we will most likely cave and just do the check again. all the stuff i see on here i always just assume the worst like i lost an email and everything will go wrong. ha

CONGRATS NICOLE! and now that i see there is a march contact i think i should organize my medical soon.

And i see the link about state police checks, but before my holiday i went to the police station and they kept telling me they only organized fbi ones?!?
You need to look up the process for your state. For FL, it was as simple as printing a one page app and mailing it with a check. No prints required and no need to go to a police station (they prob wouldn't know how it's done anyway and even if they did, they wouldn't do it anyway because I just mail a form in).

Assuming you're in NY: Criminal History Records, Background Checks - NY DCJS

MJAus!2018 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #2382 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2018, 11:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 96
Users Flag! From sweden

21 likes received
17 likes given
My husbands and I sent our NY State Police check requests from Australia. We had our finger prints done at a police station in Victoria on the FBI finger print form which we printed out and brought to the police station.

__________________
Visa: Offshore partne visa 309 (applied as spouse)
Nationality: Swedish
Applied for 309: Nov 2016
309 visa granted: March 2018
Eligible from 2nd stage: Nov 2018
Applied for 2nd stage: 17 Dec 2018


Reply With Quote
  #2383 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2018, 10:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 69
Users Flag! From usa

23 likes received
39 likes given
Hello everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm in Florida and my husband is in Perth. We lodged our 309 visa on January 29, 2018. My husband was denied a US visa a little over a year ago and we have been apart now for nearly 10 months. I was on a forum like this while we waited for the US visa and it helped to see others going through the same journey. Good luck to everyone still waiting! I'm really hoping this process does not take the full 11-15 months currently estimated but I am not really optimistic Does anyone know what the current time frame is in Washington? I've seen 12-15 months on here.. not sure how up to date that is.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2384 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2018, 12:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozbound3 View Post
Hello everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm in Florida and my husband is in Perth. We lodged our 309 visa on January 29, 2018. My husband was denied a US visa a little over a year ago and we have been apart now for nearly 10 months. I was on a forum like this while we waited for the US visa and it helped to see others going through the same journey. Good luck to everyone still waiting! I'm really hoping this process does not take the full 11-15 months currently estimated but I am not really optimistic Does anyone know what the current time frame is in Washington? I've seen 12-15 months on here.. not sure how up to date that is.
It really depends on a lot of factors... for example, we tend to see a ton of grants just before the fiscal year ends (and then things go quiet for a few months before really picking back up. I would say 9-12 months for a 309 from the US would be a reasonable guess lately.

Expect the worst and hope for the best!


Reply With Quote
  #2385 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2018, 01:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 67
Users Flag! From usa

22 likes received
49 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctoaus View Post
thanks so much SWEDE! ya we will most likely cave and just do the check again. all the stuff i see on here i always just assume the worst like i lost an email and everything will go wrong. ha

CONGRATS NICOLE! and now that i see there is a march contact i think i should organize my medical soon.

And i see the link about state police checks, but before my holiday i went to the police station and they kept telling me they only organized fbi ones?!?
I was told by our local police station that I only needed, and they only do, theirs and the FBI as well which is why I hadn't done the state one. After following the link from Sky, I found the online state one as well.

__________________
Visa: PMV 300
Application uploaded immi: Aug 4, 2017
Uploaded with Police checks and all applicable forms
Medical Check: November 4, 2017
State/FBI Updates: Aug, 2018
Visa Grantedt: October 18, 2018

Reply With Quote
  #2386 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2018, 02:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 69
Users Flag! From usa

23 likes received
39 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
It really depends on a lot of factors... for example, we tend to see a ton of grants just before the fiscal year ends (and then things go quiet for a few months before really picking back up. I would say 9-12 months for a 309 from the US would be a reasonable guess lately.

Expect the worst and hope for the best!
Thanks! I guess we will see. Definitely not getting my hopes up too much though.


Reply With Quote
  #2387 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2018, 12:52 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 16
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes received
Hi All,

I had a few questions on this and thanks in advance for the help. I am currently living in NYC with my girlfriend (I am an Aus citizen and she is American). Is there a checklist available on the forums of tips and tricks for what to include to make the process more seamless. I know there is something official on the homeaffairs website but something more unofficial.

Additionally police reports. When should we collate these is it better to submit this when the application is submitted. Have anyone used :> Approved FBI channelers (US citizens and permanent residents only) seems like it is quicker doing it via this route? And do we also need a local police report also in addition to the FBI and is it as simple as going to a police station in Manhattan to do this part?

Furthermore, for things like passports etc do we need a laywer to provide some sort of affidavit stating that all the scanned documents being provided are original? And what is the process to get documents certified?

Many thanks


Reply With Quote
  #2388 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2018, 04:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 61
Users Flag! From usa

10 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza100 View Post
Hi All,

I had a few questions on this and thanks in advance for the help. I am currently living in NYC with my girlfriend (I am an Aus citizen and she is American). Is there a checklist available on the forums of tips and tricks for what to include to make the process more seamless. I know there is something official on the homeaffairs website but something more unofficial.

Additionally police reports. When should we collate these is it better to submit this when the application is submitted. Have anyone used :> Approved FBI channelers (US citizens and permanent residents only) seems like it is quicker doing it via this route? And do we also need a local police report also in addition to the FBI and is it as simple as going to a police station in Manhattan to do this part?

Furthermore, for things like passports etc do we need a laywer to provide some sort of affidavit stating that all the scanned documents being provided are original? And what is the process to get documents certified?

Many thanks
Hey,
Also NYC here.
I used accurate biometrics for my FBI check, they have an office by city hall. they are an approved channel from the list. It only took 2 days for the whole thing to be processed and receive the email.
NY state check is harder. i went to 1 police plaza as well as a local precinct but you cant do it in person. someone thankfully posted how to get it here about 2 pages ago in the blog.
If you scroll through a lot of the backposting of this thread there are lists of the documents people posted, how many witness statements, phone logs, texts, pics, etc.
I used color copies for my documents and brought them to a notary of the public here in the states (which isnt required for some of them but it was minimal cost so i did it anyway). if you plan to visit australia at all during your wait period i suggest holding off on certifying your documents until you are there as it is free or very inexpensive compared to the cost of the consulate here in nyc (its like 50$ per document?!?! what?!?!!)

__________________
VISA 309/100: Applied april 2017 through DC office
Police background (AFP and FBI): submitted

contacted by IMMI April 4: requested new AFP, medical

all items submitted by June 1, 2018

Reply With Quote
  #2389 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2018, 05:33 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 16
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctoaus View Post
Hey,
Also NYC here.
I used accurate biometrics for my FBI check, they have an office by city hall. they are an approved channel from the list. It only took 2 days for the whole thing to be processed and receive the email.
NY state check is harder. i went to 1 police plaza as well as a local precinct but you cant do it in person. someone thankfully posted how to get it here about 2 pages ago in the blog.
If you scroll through a lot of the backposting of this thread there are lists of the documents people posted, how many witness statements, phone logs, texts, pics, etc.
I used color copies for my documents and brought them to a notary of the public here in the states (which isnt required for some of them but it was minimal cost so i did it anyway). if you plan to visit australia at all during your wait period i suggest holding off on certifying your documents until you are there as it is free or very inexpensive compared to the cost of the consulate here in nyc (its like 50$ per document?!?! what?!?!!)
Thanks so much :> criminaljustice.ny.gov was the one you used right? And I guess all of these are only valid for 12 months so probably doesn't make sense to do it till later. I can't use the non-FBI one as I am not a greencard/US citizen but my girlfriend is. Am surprised they make me do the same as the sponsor.

At what point do they usually ask to see a certified copy? And assume the notary public you sued here in the states didn't charge you $50 ha. The consulate charging that per document is completely insane. I guess it is just a way for them to make more $$.

It is disappointing that it seems to take so long right now for the partner visa. And looks like you have been waiting for a long time also.

Thanks again


Reply With Quote
  #2390 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2018, 10:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza100 View Post
Hi All,

I had a few questions on this and thanks in advance for the help. I am currently living in NYC with my girlfriend (I am an Aus citizen and she is American). Is there a checklist available on the forums of tips and tricks for what to include to make the process more seamless. I know there is something official on the homeaffairs website but something more unofficial.

Additionally police reports. When should we collate these is it better to submit this when the application is submitted. Have anyone used :> Approved FBI channelers (US citizens and permanent residents only) seems like it is quicker doing it via this route? And do we also need a local police report also in addition to the FBI and is it as simple as going to a police station in Manhattan to do this part?

Furthermore, for things like passports etc do we need a laywer to provide some sort of affidavit stating that all the scanned documents being provided are original? And what is the process to get documents certified?

Many thanks
The applicant will need a state check and an FBI check. I used Accurate Biometrics as a channeler and had results in a week. I went to my local police station to do the prints and then mailed them in. If you as the sponsor have been in the US more than 12 months cumulatively in the last 10 years, you'll need an FBI check as well but you can only use a channeler if you're a permanent resident or citizen of the US. If you're neither, then you'll need to apply straight through the FBI which can take much longer. Even if you haven't been in the US 12 months in total, you will likely still be asked for one because you are living there.

Police checks are only valid for 12 months and US processing times are taking about that long. I would hold off and wait a few months after applying. Like I said, Accurate Biometrics was very quick.

If you apply online, there is absolutely no need to get certified copies of any documents. Certified copies are for mailed applications (which I'm not sure is even an option to apply anymore) because you clearly would not send in original documents so you'd send in copies of those documents instead. When applying online, all you need to do is upload good color scans.

Only the Form 888s need to be certified and even that is not a certified copy. The person who writes the form gets their signature certified (in other words, witnessed) to prove it was they that did the form. You'd still upload color scans of these originals.


Last edited by Skybluebrewer; 02-25-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Washington DC timeline by BradsterUSA kttykat Visas and immigration 1881 04-21-2015 01:34 AM
New 309 Checklist Washington, now requires form 80 kttykat Visas and immigration 7 02-28-2013 04:18 AM
309 Application fee Washington DC kttykat Visas and immigration 13 12-22-2012 03:47 AM
just a head's up fro 309 applicants through Washington DC Chrissie Visas and immigration 0 07-30-2010 04:34 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:31 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com