PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 242

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1643Likes

PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 242


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #2411 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2018, 12:58 AM
JTeam's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: australia
Posts: 74
Users Flag! From australia

5 likes received
12 likes given
sponsor approval?

[quote=SwedeInNYC;1832050]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTeam View Post

Yeah almost, we’re in the 16th month now.

The “sponsor approved” status was something that changed in my ImmiAccount, as well as my husbands sponsor account, back in August. We took it as a good sign that my husband was approved as a sponsor and that we wouldn’t have to submit an FBI or further police checks, but a couple of months later they still asked for those. Since my husband is no US citizen or permanent resident, the long wait for the FBI check is mainly what brought us to 16 months. The other checks and documents only took a few weeks to sort out.
Fair enough. I just didn't think that sponsor had to be approved for applications made prior to legislation amendments in
November 2016

I thought that was a separate process that was not retrospective legislation
Would any MARA's like to clarify this point?

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/...r-requirements


Last edited by JTeam; 03-07-2018 at 01:00 AM. Reason: clarify and addded link

Reply With Quote
  #2412 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2018, 01:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
A sponsor always had to apply and be approved. The 40SP is not new.

The requirement to require a police check is. Prior to that date, it was only required for apps with minor dependent children. That being said, it seems cases can be handled on a case by case basis, so a CO can request things that may not necessarily be required. I suppose you could argue it but is it worth it?

Form 80s are a requirement now according to the website and I have had two visas submitted without being requested one whereas someone from the US applying within days of me for the same visa was asked for one. Then when we went to apply for the next visa around the same time, that person was requested an AFP check and I wasn't. We had spent only a few weeks difference in Australia having arrived nearly the same time, from the same country, on the same visas. That person had been in Oz for about 7 months.

So I'm sure some people still waiting that applied prior to Nov 2016 have not needed to do the sponsor police check while others have been asked for it.


Reply With Quote
  #2413 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2018, 10:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 69
Users Flag! From usa

23 likes received
39 likes given
Hi everyone, I just had a quick question. I applied with a migrant agent as my situation is too complicated and I have already had set backs with a US visa for my husband. I notice that a lot of people get emails from their CO's when they are assigned. If I am applying with an agent, will I ever actually hear from a Case Officer or will all the communication go directly to my agent?


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2414 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozbound3 View Post
Hi everyone, I just had a quick question. I applied with a migrant agent as my situation is too complicated and I have already had set backs with a US visa for my husband. I notice that a lot of people get emails from their CO's when they are assigned. If I am applying with an agent, will I ever actually hear from a Case Officer or will all the communication go directly to my agent?
No one gets an email stating a CO has been assigned. They only get an email because their applications are missing something and so they know someone is looking at it. If your application was done well and included everything, and a CO doesn't require anything further, you'll just get a grant one day without knowing someone was even looking at your case.

I believe the communication is all done through the agent. They'll notify you if anything more is requested and forward the grant email to you as well.


Reply With Quote
  #2415 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2018, 03:27 PM
JTeam's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: australia
Posts: 74
Users Flag! From australia

5 likes received
12 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
A sponsor always had to apply and be approved. The 40SP is not new.

The requirement to require a police check is. Prior to that date, it was only required for apps with minor dependent children. That being said, it seems cases can be handled on a case by case basis, so a CO can request things that may not necessarily be required. I suppose you could argue it but is it worth it?

Form 80s are a requirement now according to the website and I have had two visas submitted without being requested one whereas someone from the US applying within days of me for the same visa was asked for one. Then when we went to apply for the next visa around the same time, that person was requested an AFP check and I wasn't. We had spent only a few weeks difference in Australia having arrived nearly the same time, from the same country, on the same visas. That person had been in Oz for about 7 months.

So I'm sure some people still waiting that applied prior to Nov 2016 have not needed to do the sponsor police check while others have been asked for it.
Thank you for this clarification. I'll feedback on what additional requests are made in our case. Have already provided afp checks, 40sp (and 80 for partner)
Cheers



4th Hank


Reply With Quote
  #2416 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2018, 09:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 56
Users Flag! From australia

24 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniedee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsfoot View Post
Congrats Nicole!! Awesome!!

Hope you hear back soon SwedeinNYC - been a while for you guys!


How long has it been for you @Mattsfoot ? When did you apply and get meds / police clearance? or has it been radio silence on your end too? We haven't got assigned a CO as yet either. Literally only communications were asking for medical to be done in May 2017 after we applied in April 2017. Then no communications or requests at all since then. When we've called up, they've just said to wait 11-16 months and its still being processed.
Hey Ronniedee, we applied April 2017 too. The medical and police checks were completed and added towards the end of 2017/early 2018. We have not had any contact to date. Hopefully soon for us all.

ronniedee likes this.

Last edited by Mattsfoot; 03-08-2018 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Adding info

Reply With Quote
  #2417 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2018, 07:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 96
Users Flag! From sweden

21 likes received
17 likes given
We finally received the FBI check for my husband (sponsor) That is the last document they requested so we're hoping the grant comes through soon.

__________________
Visa: Offshore partne visa 309 (applied as spouse)
Nationality: Swedish
Applied for 309: Nov 2016
309 visa granted: March 2018
Eligible from 2nd stage: Nov 2018
Applied for 2nd stage: 17 Dec 2018


Reply With Quote
  #2418 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2018, 04:40 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 10
Users Flag! From australia

8 likes received
Hi all...so we finally have some movement I on our submission after nearly 13 months, and they are asking for further information to be attached, including the 40SP sponsor form and several other generic items they ask for originally such as relationship registration, birth certificates, character references etc etc etc...now of course this seems odd as the 40SP has been done and all the documents they state as examples were attached right from the start. So we’re confused as to why they wouldn’t have these attachments already. We of course will ring and talk to our case officer (it does finally have a name of a case officer), but can’t ring now until Tuesday due to time difference. In the meantime just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with attachments?!?!?

We are still very glad to have some movement after so long!!!

Also - has anyone had their visa approved after 12 months from the medical and FBI checks and they haven’t asked you to redo these?

Cheers!
Aussie


Reply With Quote
  #2419 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2018, 04:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 61
Users Flag! From usa

10 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieNYank View Post
Hi all...so we finally have some movement I on our submission after nearly 13 months, and they are asking for further information to be attached, including the 40SP sponsor form and several other generic items they ask for originally such as relationship registration, birth certificates, character references etc etc etc...now of course this seems odd as the 40SP has been done and all the documents they state as examples were attached right from the start. So we’re confused as to why they wouldn’t have these attachments already. We of course will ring and talk to our case officer (it does finally have a name of a case officer), but can’t ring now until Tuesday due to time difference. In the meantime just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with attachments?!?!?

We are still very glad to have some movement after so long!!!

Also - has anyone had their visa approved after 12 months from the medical and FBI checks and they haven’t asked you to redo these?

Cheers!
Aussie
So weird. that is sort of happening with us as well. my husband(the sponsor) finished uploading all his documents months and months ago to his profile and recently logged back in to find they were missing.
we havent had any CO contact yet but i was planning on calling the office in DC next week to see inquire if there are system issues and he should try and upload everything again. im curious what they will tell you,

__________________
VISA 309/100: Applied april 2017 through DC office
Police background (AFP and FBI): submitted

contacted by IMMI April 4: requested new AFP, medical

all items submitted by June 1, 2018

Reply With Quote
  #2420 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2018, 04:18 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 12
Users Flag! From usa

2 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeInNYC View Post
We finally received the FBI check for my husband (sponsor) That is the last document they requested so we're hoping the grant comes through soon.
Hi SwedeInNYC, we were in a similar situation to you. My sponsor's FBI check came in on 10 Feb and we uploaded it that day. There has been no communication since and that was the last bit of evidence they requested. I have heard from other users on here that once they upload the last requested evidence their visa grant comes through quite quickly afterwards. Does not look like that will be the case for us. Let me know what you hear and good luck!


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Washington DC timeline by BradsterUSA kttykat Visas and immigration 1881 04-21-2015 01:34 AM
New 309 Checklist Washington, now requires form 80 kttykat Visas and immigration 7 02-28-2013 04:18 AM
309 Application fee Washington DC kttykat Visas and immigration 13 12-22-2012 03:47 AM
just a head's up fro 309 applicants through Washington DC Chrissie Visas and immigration 0 07-30-2010 04:34 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:53 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com