PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 25

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1630Likes

PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 25


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #241 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2013, 03:31 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4421 likes received
6268 likes given
So I'm heading over just a few days before you on my own ETA... see you over there! lol.

At least they've updated their website to say 8-9 months wait now, so that future applicants will know what to expect... I sure wish they'd been able to let us know at the outset. This has been torture.

HJB likes this.
__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

Reply With Quote
  #242 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2013, 07:17 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 34
Users Flag! From australia

13 likes received
9 likes given
Congrats... VirginiaMountaineer... All the best to you and your partner....

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #243 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 34
Users Flag! From australia

13 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl
Haven't seen that verbiage before so I don't know what that means for sure. Interesting that your email to DN came back, though. We've mostly been seeing RM and ML sending out grants, so my guess is maybe DN is gone... who knows.
Yeah... See that's the thing... We don't know now if DN is still in the Dept or who is our CO now if that's case.... Reason I tried contacting CO is, our wedding ceremony was already booked with the Registry in Jan 2014, booked at the same time time when I applied for NOIM... We just wanted to know how far should we have it re-scheduled, coz by the looks of it, i can see a very slim chance of visa granted b4 the ceremony.... But still very hopeful...

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #244 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2013, 08:22 AM
dplunkd's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Washington
Posts: 33
Users Flag! From usa

10 likes received
I was assigned DN at the end of September. Do you think he's not there anymore?

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #245 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2013, 08:42 AM
kit kit is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From australia

10 likes received
29 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshtryker View Post
Yeah... See that's the thing... We don't know now if DN is still in the Dept or who is our CO now if that's case.... Reason I tried contacting CO is, our wedding ceremony was already booked with the Registry in Jan 2014, booked at the same time time when I applied for NOIM... We just wanted to know how far should we have it re-scheduled, coz by the looks of it, i can see a very slim chance of visa granted b4 the ceremony.... But still very hopeful...
our original NOIM was Sept 16 and we had to send in a new one - this one is for early Feb so looks like I'll be heading in to change it again


Reply With Quote
  #246 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 34
Users Flag! From australia

13 likes received
9 likes given
@dplunkd.... Not really sure If he's still there but... It would be nice if they let us know if they've changed our CO... Speculate is the only thing we can do with no communications from the CO... And sometimes it creates negative energy....
@Kit... Our NOIM expires in Sept 2014.... But I also booked our wedding ceremony in Jan 2014... Taking into consideration the 5mos+ processing time...but I think we might have expected too much... But then again.... Good things come to those who wait.... Goodluck to us all.... MERRY CHRISTMAS.... and the HOPE of the NEW YEAR BE WITH US ALL....

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #247 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2013, 12:50 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 37
Users Flag! From usa

17 likes received
26 likes given
Hello All!!!

Well, I am so happy to announce that as of today at 4:37 pm (12/11) my 309 was granted!!!!!!

I too had DN and and EVERYTIME I called in, I asked is my IMMI officer still DN and the answer was yes... My visa was granted by the amazing and lovely RM today if that helps anyone, not DN!

My official lodge date was May 14, 2013 and 3 days shy of 7 months, I'm officially granted!

I just want to say thank you to this amazing community of people... You have no idea the strength, knowledge and hope I received by stumbling upon this forum one day about 5 months ago! You are all amazing and wish you the best of luck! I will keep visiting to see how the rest of you are doing and when you officially land in OZ!

Be well and cheers to all!

PS, YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

CollegeGirl, lincsus and HJB like this.

Last edited by JustMarried2013; 12-12-2013 at 12:53 AM.

Reply With Quote
  #248 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2013, 01:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 334
Users Flag! From india

114 likes received
21 likes given
Congratulations! This is a long overdue news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarried2013 View Post
Hello All!!!

Well, I am so happy to announce that as of today at 4:37 pm (12/11) my 309 was granted!!!!!!

I too had DN and and EVERYTIME I called in, I asked is my IMMI officer still DN and the answer was yes... My visa was granted by the amazing and lovely RM today if that helps anyone, not DN!

My official lodge date was May 14, 2013 and 3 days shy of 7 months, I'm officially granted!

I just want to say thank you to this amazing community of people... You have no idea the strength, knowledge and hope I received by stumbling upon this forum one day about 5 months ago! You are all amazing and wish you the best of luck! I will keep visiting to see how the rest of you are doing and when you officially land in OZ!

Be well and cheers to all!

PS, YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

JustMarried2013 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #249 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2013, 01:28 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From australia

5 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
So I'm heading over just a few days before you on my own ETA... see you over there! lol.

At least they've updated their website to say 8-9 months wait now, so that future applicants will know what to expect... I sure wish they'd been able to let us know at the outset. This has been torture.
What did it say before? 5-12 months like on immi.gov.au?

We hit 9 months in a few days :|


Reply With Quote
  #250 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2013, 01:28 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 37
Users Flag! From usa

17 likes received
26 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincsus View Post
Congratulations! This is a long overdue news!
Thank you thank you!!!


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Washington DC timeline by BradsterUSA kttykat Visas and immigration 1881 04-21-2015 01:34 AM
New 309 Checklist Washington, now requires form 80 kttykat Visas and immigration 7 02-28-2013 04:18 AM
309 Application fee Washington DC kttykat Visas and immigration 13 12-22-2012 03:47 AM
just a head's up fro 309 applicants through Washington DC Chrissie Visas and immigration 0 07-30-2010 04:34 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:41 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com