PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 311

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1643Likes

PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 311


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #3101 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2018, 07:01 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 46
Users Flag! From usa

9 likes received
26 likes given
Hey hey, we are still waiting to hear anything after providing requested documents on September 4.

I (sponsor) am going to go ahead and move back in early november, and my partner (applicant) is coming with me on an ETA visa to help with the move and getting settled. We were thinking about emailing Immi to give them a heads up but I am wondering: can we get in trouble for saying that I am moving and he is visiting, since that means we are no longer "living together"? We will of course be staying together in Aus, but our legal places of residence would be different.

__________________
Visa 309/100 Defacto Partner (USA)
Applied June 2017
Police Check submitted April/May 2018
Health Check submitted April/May 2018
"In Progress" email: July 1, 2017
Request for more info: August 27, 2018
Provided requested info: September 4, 2018

Reply With Quote
  #3102 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2018, 09:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Dog View Post
Hey hey, we are still waiting to hear anything after providing requested documents on September 4.

I (sponsor) am going to go ahead and move back in early november, and my partner (applicant) is coming with me on an ETA visa to help with the move and getting settled. We were thinking about emailing Immi to give them a heads up but I am wondering: can we get in trouble for saying that I am moving and he is visiting, since that means we are no longer "living together"? We will of course be staying together in Aus, but our legal places of residence would be different.
Just upload the travel itinerary. No need to go into detail. But if you want to anyway, there's nothing wrong with that as you're not living apart on a permanent basis.


Reply With Quote
  #3103 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2018, 12:07 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 40
Users Flag! From australia

4 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Dog View Post
Hey hey, we are still waiting to hear anything after providing requested documents on September 4.

I (sponsor) am going to go ahead and move back in early november, and my partner (applicant) is coming with me on an ETA visa to help with the move and getting settled. We were thinking about emailing Immi to give them a heads up but I am wondering: can we get in trouble for saying that I am moving and he is visiting, since that means we are no longer "living together"? We will of course be staying together in Aus, but our legal places of residence would be different.

That's actually so sad hopefully you get it any day now!! your partner will be here before the end of the year hopefully.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #3104 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2018, 03:32 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 38
Please update your flag here .

11 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctombe View Post
We both (sponsor and applicant) did both - we went to the channelers brick and mortar office and had them take and submit then and there. It was pricey (a little over $200 for both of us) but worth it.
Thanks very much for replying. We didn't use a channeler as we weren't living in the US anymore. NY State received our documentation Oct 5 but we haven't got anything back yet. Hopefully we will soon as that is the last thing we need to submit on our request for additional info list.


Reply With Quote
  #3105 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2018, 03:40 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 38
Please update your flag here .

11 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBee2 View Post
Mines April 2018 so ive only been waiting almost 7months only problem with mine is i havent seen my husband in 16 months we cant get visitor visas for aus or usa its a long story. hopefully you get yours soon *Fingers Crossed* i also hope that the person at the top of the list just hasnt updated the forum because that's so upsetting.
Hi BeeBee, I think the person at the top just stopped posting to this forum. For the last 17 posters that have provided information on when they heard from immigration the range of dates that they received their first contact (either visa grant or request for more info) is actually very tight. Most received first contact between 14-14.5 months after submitting their application. There were outliers, JKBS was just under 13 months and Lyndiz87 was 16.5 months. Outside of that it is all the 14-14.5 months range. That probably doesn't sound great as you are on month 7 but they are broadly processing in the order received and things re moving even if it feels glacial. In terms of what you can do in the interim best to make double sure your application is approval ready when they do actually look at it i.e. around 14 months. Many seem to get caught out on state police checks (myself included). It is also worth making sure your medical and FBI checks are current for when you hit 14 months. Anyway, hope that helps even if it probably isn't what you want to hear.


Reply With Quote
  #3106 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2018, 03:48 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 40
Users Flag! From australia

4 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by global6 View Post
Hi BeeBee, I think the person at the top just stopped posting to this forum. For the last 17 posters that have provided information on when they heard from immigration the range of dates that they received their first contact (either visa grant or request for more info) is actually very tight. Most received first contact between 14-14.5 months after submitting their application. There were outliers, JKBS was just under 13 months and Lyndiz87 was 16.5 months. Outside of that it is all the 14-14.5 months range. That probably doesn't sound great as you are on month 7 but they are broadly processing in the order received and things re moving even if it feels glacial. In terms of what you can do in the interim best to make double sure your application is approval ready when they do actually look at it i.e. around 14 months. Many seem to get caught out on state police checks (myself included). It is also worth making sure your medical and FBI checks are current for when you hit 14 months. Anyway, hope that helps even if it probably isn't what you want to hear.

No 14 months is never what anyone wants to hear especially considering i've been apart from my husband for 16 months already... his application was fully front loaded 3 months after lodgement including state, FBI and i even made him do a county one, I'm not taking any risks. i work in the migration field and see so many applications come through from many different countries between 8-13 months. it just seems like DC unfortunately has a very average processing time of 14 months. oh well only 7 more to go haha.


Reply With Quote
  #3107 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2018, 03:55 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 38
Please update your flag here .

11 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBee2 View Post
No 14 months is never what anyone wants to hear especially considering i've been apart from my husband for 16 months already... his application was fully front loaded 3 months after lodgement including state, FBI and i even made him do a county one, I'm not taking any risks. i work in the migration field and see so many applications come through from many different countries between 8-13 months. it just seems like DC unfortunately has a very average processing time of 14 months. oh well only 7 more to go haha.
DC is very slow unfortunately...a prior user said one Australian immigration official told them that the number of applications quadrupled after Trump was elected.... just make sure your medical / FBI checks don't expire before the 14 months / 15 months. In other not so great news the processing times have been increasing by about 0.3 months each month. i.e. in 3 months time the average time before you hear from immigration will be 15-15.5 months, not 14-14.5 months. Sigh. Sorry.


Reply With Quote
  #3108 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2018, 03:58 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 40
Users Flag! From australia

4 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by global6 View Post
DC is very slow unfortunately...a prior user said one Australian immigration official told them that the number of applications quadrupled after Trump was elected.... just make sure your medical / FBI checks don't expire before the 14 months / 15 months. In other not so great news the processing times have been increasing by about 0.3 months each month. i.e. in 3 months time the average time before you hear from immigration will be 15-15.5 months, not 14-14.5 months. Sigh. Sorry.
Its whatever he will be here eventually in 2019 that's all that matters, and i will never allow anything to expire haha i refuse to have a RFI. I'm just glad i'm half way there hopefully.


Reply With Quote
  #3109 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2018, 04:02 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 38
Please update your flag here .

11 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBee2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by global6 View Post
DC is very slow unfortunately...a prior user said one Australian immigration official told them that the number of applications quadrupled after Trump was elected.... just make sure your medical / FBI checks don't expire before the 14 months / 15 months. In other not so great news the processing times have been increasing by about 0.3 months each month. i.e. in 3 months time the average time before you hear from immigration will be 15-15.5 months, not 14-14.5 months. Sigh. Sorry. <img src="http://www.australiaforum.com/images/smilies/frown.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Frown" class="inlineimg" />
Its whatever he will be here eventually in 2019 that's all that matters, and i will never allow anything to expire haha i refuse to have a RFI. I'm just glad i'm half way there hopefully.
You may get lucky and the Aussie gov adds resources which means they start getting through the applications faster. Fingers crossed for you &#x1f642;


Reply With Quote
  #3110 (permalink)  
Old 10-23-2018, 09:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 187
Users Flag! From usa

64 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by global6 View Post
You may get lucky and the Aussie gov adds resources which means they start getting through the applications faster. Fingers crossed for you &#x1f642;
I keep an eye out - there's been one job postings over the last year or so for a visa processing agent (with the whopping salary of $42k) in DC. It doesn't look like theyre interested in adding any resources to DC. So much for mateship, eh!


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Washington DC timeline by BradsterUSA kttykat Visas and immigration 1881 04-21-2015 01:34 AM
New 309 Checklist Washington, now requires form 80 kttykat Visas and immigration 7 02-28-2013 04:18 AM
309 Application fee Washington DC kttykat Visas and immigration 13 12-22-2012 03:47 AM
just a head's up fro 309 applicants through Washington DC Chrissie Visas and immigration 0 07-30-2010 04:34 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:14 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com