PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 332

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1643Likes

PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 332


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #3311 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2019, 02:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 110
Please update your flag here .

11 likes received
8 likes given
Got the email this morning, fortunately just a few days before planned travel to Oz. I emailed the embassy and got a call from the CO who had been working on my case all along. She was very nice (canít mention names as a certain member made an issue out of it) and asked a question or two then granted the visa the next day as I made her aware of my travel plans. So in my case, direct communication seemingly resulted in action.
Good luck to the rest of you waiting, was a long haul, but really wasnít prepared to leave earlier, so worked out well in the end. Also scored excellent tickets for the Aussie Open, canít wait.

LadyRogueRayne and Pyrite like this.

Reply With Quote
  #3312 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2019, 02:07 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From australia

6 likes received
16 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
Got the email this morning, fortunately just a few days before planned travel to Oz. I emailed the embassy and got a call from the CO who had been working on my case all along. She was very nice (canít mention names as a certain member made an issue out of it) and asked a question or two then granted the visa the next day as I made her aware of my travel plans. So in my case, direct communication seemingly resulted in action.
Good luck to the rest of you waiting, was a long haul, but really wasnít prepared to leave earlier, so worked out well in the end. Also scored excellent tickets for the Aussie Open, canít wait.

Very exciting for you and amazing timing! Enjoy the tennis and your new life :-)

Aztec likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #3313 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2019, 02:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
She was very nice (can’t mention names as a certain member made an issue out of it)
Interestingly enough, it is there. I swear when this conversation was had, I couldn't find it at the time though I knew it had been there before. Hmm, must have seen a different version of them.

3. Don't post a case officers full name and position number. You can only post the case officers initials. This is to protect the privacy of the case officer.


Last edited by Skybluebrewer; 01-17-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #3314 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2019, 02:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
deleted duplicate post


Last edited by Skybluebrewer; 01-17-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Reply With Quote
  #3315 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2019, 02:34 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

5 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Flame View Post
Congrats!

Where abouts will you move to on the south coast? My wife and I just moved to Wollongong (love it up here). Im originally from Victoria.
We will be in Tuross Head.


Reply With Quote
  #3316 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2019, 02:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 110
Please update your flag here .

11 likes received
8 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
Interestingly enough, it is there. I swear when this conversation was had, I couldn't find it at the time though I knew it had been there before. Hmm, must have seen a different version of them.

3. Don't post a case officers full name and position number. You can only post the case officers initials. This is to protect the privacy of the case officer.
It wasn't there when you mentioned it (as I copied the rules to a post at the time) and a subsequent post by a moderator stated they had amended the rules to add it. It's not a big deal, I saw numerous CO names posted in the past, thought it was a benefit for gauging processing times at a specific embassy. And apparently the same CO officers do tend to the same applications as I asked this question specifically.


Reply With Quote
  #3317 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2019, 02:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
It wasn't there when you mentioned it (as I copied the rules to a post at the time) and a subsequent post by a moderator stated they had amended the rules to add it. It's not a big deal, I saw numerous CO names posted in the past, thought it was a benefit for gauging processing times at a specific embassy. And apparently the same CO officers do tend to the same applications as I asked this question specifically.
Actually, it had been there before and seemed to disappear at some point, which just happened to be when I mentioned it to you. You can see posts from many years ago where only CO initials were shared, and moderators correcting those that failed to follow the rules. For a couple years people just stopped sharing even that, until you popped up with the name and I thought to correct you. So while the rules have been recently edited and it's there now, it had already been there before and was removed.


Reply With Quote
  #3318 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2019, 02:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Just one example where a moderator posted that initials only are allowed and not names, and this in 2015: https://www.australiaforum.com/visas...-response.html


Reply With Quote
  #3319 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2019, 03:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 110
Please update your flag here .

11 likes received
8 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
Actually, it had been there before and seemed to disappear at some point, which just happened to be when I mentioned it to you. You can see posts from many years ago where only CO initials were shared, and moderators correcting those that failed to follow the rules. For a couple years people just stopped sharing even that, until you popped up with the name and I thought to correct you. So while the rules have been recently edited and it's there now, it had already been there before and was removed.
Actually, I never posted a name, it was another member. I just responded as I checked the rules to see if it was prohibited, and there was no mention of CO's names at the time. Maybe you will be promoted to moderator status and you can impose the rules....

Have to pack now, too-da-loo.


Reply With Quote
  #3320 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2019, 03:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
Actually, I never posted a name, it was another member. I just responded as I checked the rules to see if it was prohibited, and there was no mention of CO's names at the time. Maybe you will be promoted to moderator status and you can impose the rules....

Have to pack now, too-da-loo.
Ah, always a pleasure to read your little remarks. Congrats on finally getting your visa and have a safe flight.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Washington DC timeline by BradsterUSA kttykat Visas and immigration 1881 04-21-2015 01:34 AM
New 309 Checklist Washington, now requires form 80 kttykat Visas and immigration 7 02-28-2013 04:18 AM
309 Application fee Washington DC kttykat Visas and immigration 13 12-22-2012 03:47 AM
just a head's up fro 309 applicants through Washington DC Chrissie Visas and immigration 0 07-30-2010 04:34 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:19 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com