PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 352

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1611Likes

PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 352


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #3511 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2019, 07:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 186
Users Flag! From usa

64 likes received
9 likes given
I decided to take a stab at updating the pending DC applications, here we go!:

November 2017
M
JAus!2018 (309): granted 14 January 2019
Jkl137 (309): granted 9 January 2019
Ladypilot (309): granted 25 April 2019
Julzy (300): granted 12 December 2018

December 2017
MzSkeptica (300): granted 31 December 2018*
MrsL-D (309): granted 13 December 2018

January 2018
Salmon1411 (309): granted July 6 2018
Ozbound3 (309/100): granted 12 April 2019
Ash22 (300): Granted November 20 2018
Kayj (309): grant 15 January 2019

March 2018
JaneoOz
Katemdf (309/100): granted 12 March 2019
Watever16 (309)
Paigey0110 (309): granted 8 March 2019
Tony121 (309): granted 14 March 2019, via Santiago consulate
Alf2018: granted 12 March 2019

April 2018*(309 processing time was 10 / 13 months)
YankeeAussie (300): granted 20 March 2019
Pyrite (300): granted 5 February 2019
BeeBee2 (309/100): granted 13 March 2019
esiyah (309): granted 21 March 2019
KTE711 (309): grant 21 March 2019

May 2018*(309 processing time was 12 / 16 months)
Carcrashearts (309)
May88 (300): granted 25 March 2019
wembacr
aussieinamurka (309/100)

June 2018*(309 processing time was 13 / 18 months)
Wazza100

September 2018*
Nyctombe (309)


Reply With Quote
  #3512 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2019, 09:01 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From australia

6 likes received
20 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctombe View Post
I decided to take a stab at updating the pending DC applications, here we go!:

November 2017
M
JAus!2018 (309): granted 14 January 2019
Jkl137 (309): granted 9 January 2019
Ladypilot (309): granted 25 April 2019
Julzy (300): granted 12 December 2018

December 2017
MzSkeptica (300): granted 31 December 2018*
MrsL-D (309): granted 13 December 2018

January 2018
Salmon1411 (309): granted July 6 2018
Ozbound3 (309/100): granted 12 April 2019
Ash22 (300): Granted November 20 2018
Kayj (309): grant 15 January 2019

March 2018
JaneoOz
Katemdf (309/100): granted 12 March 2019
Watever16 (309)
Paigey0110 (309): granted 8 March 2019
Tony121 (309): granted 14 March 2019, via Santiago consulate
Alf2018: granted 12 March 2019

April 2018*(309 processing time was 10 / 13 months)
YankeeAussie (300): granted 20 March 2019
Pyrite (300): granted 5 February 2019
BeeBee2 (309/100): granted 13 March 2019
esiyah (309): granted 21 March 2019
KTE711 (309): grant 21 March 2019

May 2018*(309 processing time was 12 / 16 months)
Carcrashearts (309)
May88 (300): granted 25 March 2019
wembacr
aussieinamurka (309/100)

June 2018*(309 processing time was 13 / 18 months)
Wazza100

September 2018*
Nyctombe (309)
This is awesome, and gives me so much hope! Just one correction--I'm a June 2018 applicant, not May. We got in on June 29, right before the price went up Hoping to hear from a CO any day now based on those timeframes!

In other news, anyone checked out the USD--> AUD exchange rate lately? It's insanely good! We transferred several thousand today to our Aus bank account to take advantage of the rate. Would highly recommend Xoom to anyone else who's in a position to transfer funds now.


Reply With Quote
  #3513 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2019, 01:52 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 12
Please update your flag here .

8 likes received
nyctombe- Thanks so much for doing this. I'm having a lot of anxiety waiting and I'm only 6 months in (at least halfway hopefully!!). I'm here in OZ on a tourist visa now as my husband has already moved back and started working.

Here's my timeline so far:

November 5, 2018: submitted 309/100

I submitted health assessment and police clearance in January 2019 but have not had any communication with CO (or anyone else) regarding my visa application.
Just curious - did anyone have to redo these due to wait times?

Thanks fellow Americans!

WA_Wannabe likes this.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #3514 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2019, 05:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 4,774
Users Flag! From australia

977 likes received
289 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctombe View Post
You’d think that they’d separate the two, but it seems like that’s just not the case
It seems like about one third family and two thirds skilled, for both governments, with just 0.5% difference between them, over a 12 year period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctombe View Post
Under a LNP government, it seems like they are prioritizing skilled migration.
Yes, but not really much of a difference between the two.

Labor 2007 to 2013
Family Visas. 32.6% of the total
Skilled Visas. 67.1% of the total

Liberal 2013 to 2019
Family Visas. 32.1% of the total
Skilled Visas. 67.8% of the total


Reply With Quote
  #3515 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2019, 03:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 186
Users Flag! From usa

64 likes received
9 likes given
Oh, we are loving the exchange rate over here too - we’ve been sending back money each month.

This data makes me curious as to why it seems like there haven’t been grants since March - any ideas why it seems to come in waves and then stand still?


Reply With Quote
  #3516 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2019, 12:07 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 12
Please update your flag here .

8 likes received
Hi, I'm in the same boat but about 6 months behind. Thanks for writing on here because your story gives me hope. Did you leave and return multiple times on your ETA? If so did you upload letters/ pictures to your application each time?


Reply With Quote
  #3517 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2019, 03:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 186
Users Flag! From usa

64 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwaiting View Post
Hi, I'm in the same boat but about 6 months behind. Thanks for writing on here because your story gives me hope. Did you leave and return multiple times on your ETA? If so did you upload letters/ pictures to your application each time?
While I haven’t been traveling to Australia while we wait, as per our lawyer we are updating every month or so with new photos/receipts/bills that show an ongoing relationship.


Reply With Quote
  #3518 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2019, 05:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 186
Users Flag! From usa

64 likes received
9 likes given
Any updates? Seems like crickets for anything from DC - which is incredibly frustrating, seeing as there are many grants from other countries in significantly shorter time frames as of late.

e_a likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #3519 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2019, 07:15 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From australia

6 likes received
20 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctombe View Post
Any updates? Seems like crickets for anything from DC - which is incredibly frustrating, seeing as there are many grants from other countries in significantly shorter time frames as of late.
Crickets for us. We're at 11 months exactly today with no CO assigned. I'm hoping we hear something in the next month or so, because obtaining police checks will be infinitely easier when hubby (a teacher) isn't in school.

nyctombe likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #3520 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2019, 08:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 55
Users Flag! From usa

17 likes received
12 likes given
If you can get started on the checks, I highly suggest you do. I'd suggest scanning the past few months of the pages on this thread and see common things people have missed out on. You may put yourself in a favourable spot to go for an acceptance.

__________________
Visa: PMV (subclass 300)
Application Lodged: 23 Apr 2018
Location: USA
Medical: 05 Dec 2018
State Police: 27 Dec 2018
Federal Police (FBI): 07 Dec 2018
Contact from CO: 04 Dec 2018
Contact from CO 2: 23 Jan 2019
300 Granted: 20 Mar 2019
Date of Entry: 28 Jul 2019
820 Submission: 25 Nov 2019

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Washington DC timeline by BradsterUSA kttykat Visas and immigration 1881 04-21-2015 02:34 AM
New 309 Checklist Washington, now requires form 80 kttykat Visas and immigration 7 02-28-2013 05:18 AM
309 Application fee Washington DC kttykat Visas and immigration 13 12-22-2012 04:47 AM
just a head's up fro 309 applicants through Washington DC Chrissie Visas and immigration 0 07-30-2010 05:34 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:10 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com