PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 358

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1643Likes

PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 358


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #3571 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2019, 04:08 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From australia

6 likes received
20 likes given
Another golden email! Not from me, but from a friend of mine. His wife was a May 2018 applicant, received an RFI for background checks in March then another one for state checks last week, and was recently approved straight to the 100 visa. They've been married a few years and have a couple of kids, so not unexpected. Her must enter date was a year from when the visa was granted.

So exciting to see movement from the U.S. applicants!

As for us, we submitted most of our RFI evidence yesterday. Got that gnarly Honduran police check done, but we also needed a penal certificate from Honduras, and all branches of the judiciary were shut from July 1-17. So we're waiting on that, hopefully not for too much longer. (And hopefully they won't get mad at us for missing our 28-day deadline because of the office closure!)


Reply With Quote
  #3572 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2019, 04:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 187
Users Flag! From usa

64 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieinamurka View Post
Another golden email! Not from me, but from a friend of mine. His wife was a May 2018 applicant, received an RFI for background checks in March then another one for state checks last week, and was recently approved straight to the 100 visa. They've been married a few years and have a couple of kids, so not unexpected. Her must enter date was a year from when the visa was granted.

So exciting to see movement from the U.S. applicants!

As for us, we submitted most of our RFI evidence yesterday. Got that gnarly Honduran police check done, but we also needed a penal certificate from Honduras, and all branches of the judiciary were shut from July 1-17. So we're waiting on that, hopefully not for too much longer. (And hopefully they won't get mad at us for missing our 28-day deadline because of the office closure!)
It’s great to see things progressing for you, and to hear of grants!


Reply With Quote
  #3573 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2019, 06:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 756
Users Flag! From australia

171 likes received
40 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctombe View Post
(there’s even a US visa specifically for Australians!)
Just curious which one was that? Has a bit of a look but couldn't find it


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #3574 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2019, 07:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 98
Users Flag! From netherlands

29 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie83 View Post
Just curious which one was that? Has a bit of a look but couldn't find it
Probably referring to the E3 visa.

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...nals-australia


Reply With Quote
  #3575 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2019, 08:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieinamurka View Post
(And hopefully they won't get mad at us for missing our 28-day deadline because of the office closure!)
Just make sure you at least reply in the 28 day period, to tell them why it will be late.
That way you don't miss the 28 day deadline to reply.


Reply With Quote
  #3576 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2019, 10:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 187
Users Flag! From usa

64 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco View Post
Yep! It's ridiculous, TBH. People are flocking to cities like LA and NYC, and getting approved visas for barista work and things like that. It's totally abused.


Reply With Quote
  #3577 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2019, 10:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 98
Users Flag! From netherlands

29 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctombe View Post
Yep! It's ridiculous, TBH. People are flocking to cities like LA and NYC, and getting approved visas for barista work and things like that. It's totally abused.
We're looking at it as my wife is running up to the end of her L1 whereas mine still runs for a few years. But it does seem like a very generous visa. Then again, she is not exactly a barista...


Reply With Quote
  #3578 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2019, 09:31 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 16
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes received
Got a generic email stating that application is progressing. We submitted the additional requests for information and also completed the medical. We have a trip end of September to Australia. Is there anyone we can contact to see if they can speed this up to avoid another trip just for stamping papers?


Reply With Quote
  #3579 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2019, 12:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 187
Users Flag! From usa

64 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza100 View Post
Got a generic email stating that application is progressing. We submitted the additional requests for information and also completed the medical. We have a trip end of September to Australia. Is there anyone we can contact to see if they can speed this up to avoid another trip just for stamping papers?
From reports, it seems like everyone gets the automated email at the one year mark.

While there are no sure fire ways of expediting, you could always try to call the general line - however, I don’t think there’s ever been a case reported here in the last year that helped.


Reply With Quote
  #3580 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2019, 02:23 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

pmv 300 question

can you still use a person as a witness to the relationship (stat decs) if they have criminal charges/record?


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Washington DC timeline by BradsterUSA kttykat Visas and immigration 1881 04-21-2015 01:34 AM
New 309 Checklist Washington, now requires form 80 kttykat Visas and immigration 7 02-28-2013 04:18 AM
309 Application fee Washington DC kttykat Visas and immigration 13 12-22-2012 03:47 AM
just a head's up fro 309 applicants through Washington DC Chrissie Visas and immigration 0 07-30-2010 04:34 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:29 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com