PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 366

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1643Likes

PMV and 309 Timeline for Washington, D.C. - Page 366


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #3651 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2019, 07:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 187
Users Flag! From usa

64 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieinamurka View Post
Brilliant news! I've been checking back here since we got ours just waiting to see when yours would come through! So excited for you!
Thank you so much! Thats so sweet!

Less than 24 hours late, and our one-way flights are booked (56 days to go!) and i'm starting the process of finding movers. Oooof!

LadyRogueRayne, WA_Wannabe and e_a like this.

Reply With Quote
  #3652 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2019, 05:19 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
Hi guys. My partner and I are thinking that applying for a 309 is the best option for us: he's still in the US (I'm in Australia), and we're three months' pregnant.

I would love love love if the 309 got processed really quickly, so he could move to Australia and be with me and the baby ASAP. Realistically, i'm willing to accept a 12(ish) month wait time and just take the baby over to be with him after the first couple of months.

We were going to wait til he could move to Australia, come in on a visa waiver, and then apply for a 801/820, but I'm worried they'll change the rules that will require a sponsorship application to be lodged before we're in a position to apply next year.

So some questions: Is there any evidence that having a baby on the way / child in the mix expedites the processing for the 309/100? We've been together over 2 years and are getting married in TX in October.

And, if we applied for the 309/100 in the next couple of weeks, is it foolish for him to come in on a visa waiver for 30 days in March to be there for the birth of our child? If we lodge the details of that trip in our immigration account, is there a chance the 309 could be rejected because he's onshore?
Thanks!! Such a stressful time for us, of course


Reply With Quote
  #3653 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2019, 05:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by kate145689 View Post
Hi guys. My partner and I are thinking that applying for a 309 is the best option for us: he's still in the US (I'm in Australia), and we're three months' pregnant.

I would love love love if the 309 got processed really quickly, so he could move to Australia and be with me and the baby ASAP. Realistically, i'm willing to accept a 12(ish) month wait time and just take the baby over to be with him after the first couple of months.

We were going to wait til he could move to Australia, come in on a visa waiver, and then apply for a 801/820, but I'm worried they'll change the rules that will require a sponsorship application to be lodged before we're in a position to apply next year.

So some questions: Is there any evidence that having a baby on the way / child in the mix expedites the processing for the 309/100? We've been together over 2 years and are getting married in TX in October.

And, if we applied for the 309/100 in the next couple of weeks, is it foolish for him to come in on a visa waiver for 30 days in March to be there for the birth of our child? If we lodge the details of that trip in our immigration account, is there a chance the 309 could be rejected because he's onshore?
Thanks!! Such a stressful time for us, of course
Many applicants come on a visitor visa, while the Partner visa (309) or PMV (300) is being processed. I can't imagine a 309 being rejection for that.

We did the 300 route, and got a 12 month visitor visa, so we could be together and arrange the marriage and a house, together.

A well written reason for a visitor visa, might be acceptable. It would either be granted or refused.

Recent 309 grants from the USA have taken 11 to 14 months, from the six that I have seen this month. (13.8, 13.3, 11.2, 11.2, 12.6, 11.2 months).

I doubt if being pregnant would speed up the process .

I would seriously look at the 820/801 route if it was me. A bit of a gamble, but great if it pays off.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #3654 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2019, 05:43 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
Thanks so much! The reason i'm worried about the visitor visa is because the partner has to be offshore when the 309 is granted: I read that sometimes you'll get notice that the visa is about to be approved, but if for some reason it falls through the cracks the whole application is rejected.
Has anyone heard of that happening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Many applicants come on a visitor visa, while the Partner visa (309) or PMV (300) is being processed. I can't imagine a 309 being rejection for that.

We did the 300 route, and got a 12 month visitor visa, so we could be together and arrange the marriage and a house, together.

A well written reason for a visitor visa, might be acceptable. It would either be granted or refused.

Recent 309 grants from the USA have taken 11 to 14 months, from the six that I have seen this month. (13.8, 13.3, 11.2, 11.2, 12.6, 11.2 months).

I doubt if being pregnant would speed up the process .

I would seriously look at the 820/801 route if it was me. A bit of a gamble, but great if it pays off.


Reply With Quote
  #3655 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2019, 07:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by kate145689 View Post
Thanks so much! The reason i'm worried about the visitor visa is because the partner has to be offshore when the 309 is granted: I read that sometimes you'll get notice that the visa is about to be approved, but if for some reason it falls through the cracks the whole application is rejected.
Has anyone heard of that happening?
When our 300 was ready for decision, we got an email telling us to go offshore, with this wording:
Quote:
Circumstances applicable to grant a visa under Migration Regulation 300.411 states that an applicant must be outside Australia at time of grant. We note that you are currently in Australia on a visitor visa.

For your application to be finalised, please inform us of your expected departure date from Australia within 14 days of this letter.

Please note that failure to depart Australia within the validity of your health (20 August 2016) and character (17 August 2016) clearances may result in your repeating these requirements.
We notified them within 14 days, and left 25 days later, for a weeks holiday in Vanuatu, coming back in on the 300 visa..

I am pretty sure they will always do an email if the applicant is in the country. I have heard many others get it, but am not aware of any that have said they haven't. If they didn't they would need to leave anyway, once the visitor visa ends.

I can't see how a 300 or 309 application itself would be affected, unless the applicant overstayed the visitor visa.

I can understand the worry though, as this entire visa process can be pure stress from start to finish, with many "what if" thoughts throughout the entire time. Finally getting the 801 was the biggest relief for us both.


Reply With Quote
  #3656 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2019, 01:52 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From australia

6 likes received
20 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctombe View Post
Thank you so much! Thats so sweet!

Less than 24 hours late, and our one-way flights are booked (56 days to go!) and i'm starting the process of finding movers. Oooof!
Would love to know who you (and all the others) are considering as movers. I've been talking to Rainier and Laser International, and have been quite impressed with both of them. My mother used Rainier for her move two years ago.

Also who did you find for the best deal on flights? We have a fair bit of flexibility when we move, so I'm trying to go as cheap as possible. But one-way tickets seem SO expensive!

WA_Wannabe likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #3657 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2019, 01:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 187
Users Flag! From usa

64 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieinamurka View Post
Would love to know who you (and all the others) are considering as movers. I've been talking to Rainier and Laser International, and have been quite impressed with both of them. My mother used Rainier for her move two years ago.

Also who did you find for the best deal on flights? We have a fair bit of flexibility when we move, so I'm trying to go as cheap as possible. But one-way tickets seem SO expensive!
I'm still working on getting additional quotes, but as of now, it looks like we will go with Schumacher - they have the best quote for our needs, and they seem to be the most popular mover for the NYC-Australia move - there's a lot of positive feedback for them.

As for flights, we have hundreds of thousands of credit card points (thanks, Amex!) so it was really simple - we booked premium flights using miles and only had to spend $80usd in taxes. Kayak has some really great deals, and is always my go-to when searching. Coming from the East Coast, I always avoid connecting through the middle east/Asia as it just seems to take so much longer - so I only focus on flights that head west from here. Makes it easier to weed out the looooooong trips!

WA_Wannabe likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #3658 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2019, 02:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Colorado
Posts: 78
Users Flag! From usa

27 likes received
76 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post

We did the 300 route, and got a 12 month visitor visa, so we could be together and arrange the marriage and a house, together.
I have a pending 300 and a 12-month Visitors visa with multiple entries but no longer than 3 months stay at a time. Did you have the same and did you leave every 3 months? I'm almost 6 months into the PMV visa process with a RFI a few weeks ago. Thanks!

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #3659 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2019, 07:59 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 12
Please update your flag here .

8 likes received
Hello,

I'm so glad to see that many of you have received your visas! I did receive a RFI on July 30, 2019. I hope that I will get contact to go offshore soon as I am currently visiting my husband in OZ. Ugh this process is life-sucking. Hopefully it will be over soon. For those of you who recently got your visa, would you mind sharing which Australia Department of Home Affairs issued your visa?

Thanks very much!

Togekip and WA_Wannabe like this.

Reply With Quote
  #3660 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2019, 01:08 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 23
Users Flag! From australia

6 likes received
20 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwaiting View Post
Hello,

I'm so glad to see that many of you have received your visas! I did receive a RFI on July 30, 2019. I hope that I will get contact to go offshore soon as I am currently visiting my husband in OZ. Ugh this process is life-sucking. Hopefully it will be over soon. For those of you who recently got your visa, would you mind sharing which Australia Department of Home Affairs issued your visa?

Thanks very much!
Good luck! They must be getting close to finalizing yours!

Mine just says it was issued by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs. Doesn't say anything more specific than that.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Washington DC timeline by BradsterUSA kttykat Visas and immigration 1881 04-21-2015 01:34 AM
New 309 Checklist Washington, now requires form 80 kttykat Visas and immigration 7 02-28-2013 04:18 AM
309 Application fee Washington DC kttykat Visas and immigration 13 12-22-2012 03:47 AM
just a head's up fro 309 applicants through Washington DC Chrissie Visas and immigration 0 07-30-2010 04:34 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:30 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com