Mark Northam...re-PIC 4020 - Page 4

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree10Likes

Mark Northam...re-PIC 4020 - Page 4


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 01-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13
Users Flag! From india

189 application filling

Hi Mark,

I have few queries on 189 application filling:

1. In the Employment section, I have entered 2 rows.
1--> My Australian Employment is 5 years and above ( 15 points). and I Selected Yes and choose "5 years in the past 10 year" in the Duration of Australian Employment. All good no issues
2--> My Indian Employment was 1 year 11months, though I cannot use it for any points, I have included that in my EOI and said it was in occupation list. So I have listed in 189 application. But the problem is, when I select yes to "Duration of overseas employment" and I couldn't see the option to select < 3 years. What should I do? If I didn't include in the application this might contradict my eoi data. What should I do?

2. In the Employment section, shall i put positions in the short form since the characters are limited. ? e.g. Instead of Assistant Systems Engineer/Information Technology Analyst/ Assistant Consultant to ASE/ITA/ASC?

3. In the Employment Section, I could see only 300 characters to fill my duties. Shall I cut short and brief the duties which i have mentioned employment reference letter?

4. In the "Have any of the applicants lived in a country other than the primary applicant's usual country of residence? " Since I stay in Australia, my usual country of residence would be Australia,. Prior to Australia I stayed only in India, so I should enter my India address only right?

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance...


  #32 (permalink)  
Old 01-27-2014, 11:14 AM
MarkNortham's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,747
Users Flag! From australia

1453 likes received
150 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to MarkNortham
Hi Bravo -

As this is not related to the subject of the thread (PIC4020), please repost as a new thread and I'd be happy to answer. Short answers: 1) that's because there are no points given for overseas employment < 3 yrs ; 2) No. Avoid abbreviations since the case officer may not understand them; 3) Suggest you make the most of the 300 char and/or include a supplemental document attached to the app if you absolutely cannot succinctly describe the duties in the 300 char; 4) Correct.

Best,

Mark Northam

rudomazhinye likes this.
__________________
Mark Northam
Immigration Lawyer and Registered Migration Agent

LLB, GradDipLaw, GradCertMigrLaw, BBA(Acctg) MARN 1175508
Northam Lawyers http://nlaw.com.au [email protected]
Co-Host, Coming 2 Oz live video show: https://www.facebook.com/groups/coming2oz/

  #33 (permalink)  
Old 01-27-2014, 11:19 AM
MarkNortham's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,747
Users Flag! From australia

1453 likes received
150 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to MarkNortham
Hi Baba -

No way to predict no. of days they will take to respond - like everything DIBP does, it takes as much time as it wants to to respond/decide/etc. Depends on workload, case officer scheduling, holidays, staffing decisions, etc. There are many checks, internal and external, that are part of PR visa applications - no way to tell how many still left to go. Sorry I don't have more specific info here!

Best,

Mark Northam

baba123 likes this.
__________________
Mark Northam
Immigration Lawyer and Registered Migration Agent

LLB, GradDipLaw, GradCertMigrLaw, BBA(Acctg) MARN 1175508
Northam Lawyers http://nlaw.com.au [email protected]
Co-Host, Coming 2 Oz live video show: https://www.facebook.com/groups/coming2oz/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 01-27-2014, 11:24 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13
Users Flag! From india

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

I have posted the same query in the different thread. please find the title"Reg: 189 application filling"

1. so in that case, shall I select nominated as NO? But I have already put Yes in my EOI. In that case, will that be a problem?

2. So if I cannot enter abbreviations, then what can I put?

3. How can i attach the document to the app?

Please help me.

Thanks


Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNortham View Post
Hi Bravo -

As this is not related to the subject of the thread (PIC4020), please repost as a new thread and I'd be happy to answer. Short answers: 1) that's because there are no points given for overseas employment < 3 yrs ; 2) No. Avoid abbreviations since the case officer may not understand them; 3) Suggest you make the most of the 300 char and/or include a supplemental document attached to the app if you absolutely cannot succinctly describe the duties in the 300 char; 4) Correct.

Best,

Mark Northam


  #35 (permalink)  
Old 01-27-2014, 11:29 AM
MarkNortham's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,747
Users Flag! From australia

1453 likes received
150 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to MarkNortham
See new thread "Ask Mark!" set up just for this reason - we'll see if that helps organise things!

1) Would need to look at your application in detail to answer this question.
2) See previous answer - "Asst" can be understood, but "A" as part of an abbreviation is open to all kinds of misunderstandings.
3) After you lodge and pay, you then can upload supporting docs

Best,

Mark Northam

__________________
Mark Northam
Immigration Lawyer and Registered Migration Agent

LLB, GradDipLaw, GradCertMigrLaw, BBA(Acctg) MARN 1175508
Northam Lawyers http://nlaw.com.au [email protected]
Co-Host, Coming 2 Oz live video show: https://www.facebook.com/groups/coming2oz/

  #36 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2014, 06:08 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From india

3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincsus View Post
In my opinion, it all boils down to a simple question - Did you lie or fabricate some parts of your employment history? If not, then you should be able to provide strong evidence and respond to the nautral justice letter. The department will give you details of the adverse information and you should respond to that with proof. It should not be a problem.

But if you have claimed some employment history which is not exactly truthful and the department has information about that, then I don't see any hope for your application.
Hi Lincsus,

I have replied to Co with all the evidences and got aknowledgement from co that received ur attachemnts will take a decision in comming weeks, is it common that this type of mails from co that the decesions will be this much fast.

i have provided all the documents for each query they raised in the letter and also a detailed letter explaining about the story of the verification call day.

Mark and yourself comments are required on my case.

Thank you


  #37 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2014, 06:15 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From india

3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNortham View Post
Hi Baba -

No way to predict no. of days they will take to respond - like everything DIBP does, it takes as much time as it wants to to respond/decide/etc. Depends on workload, case officer scheduling, holidays, staffing decisions, etc. There are many checks, internal and external, that are part of PR visa applications - no way to tell how many still left to go. Sorry I don't have more specific info here!

Best,

Mark Northam
Hi Mark,

Thank you for the quick response. In one day my case officer acknowledged that she received my reply mail on Natural justice Letter and a decession will be made in coming weeks. Can we take it as a good sign of her mail as i have very clearly organized the documents for all the queries raised with the explanation from me and my employer.

Hoping for the best.


  #38 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2014, 06:21 AM
MarkNortham's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,747
Users Flag! From australia

1453 likes received
150 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to MarkNortham
Hi Baba -

Sorry, but I would not necessarily consider that acknowledging receipt is a good sign - it's certainly not a bad sign, but I fear you're reading too much into the acknowledgement. Time to be patient. Whenever PIC4020 comes up, you need to take the circumstances very, very seriously as it's serious business with DIBP and they don't fool around when it comes to this type of issue. Did you fully research the Migration Regulations and PAM3 policy on PIC4020 and how these are handled? Hope so, as that's the real meat of the issue. Remember that in many cases DIBP does not "believe" statements or assertions unless they are backed up with verifiable documentary evidence. And remember that the law, regulation and policy are the "rules of the game" that everybody - applicants, the DIBP and MRT - must adhere to. The strength of a PIC4020 response generally rests in 2 areas: how well the documentary evidence satisfies the concerns raised by the case officer, and how well the submission and evidence aligns with the regulations and DIBP policy on this issue.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam


Quote:
Originally Posted by baba123 View Post
Hi Mark,

Thank you for the quick response. In one day my case officer acknowledged that she received my reply mail on Natural justice Letter and a decession will be made in coming weeks. Can we take it as a good sign of her mail as i have very clearly organized the documents for all the queries raised with the explanation from me and my employer.

Hoping for the best.

baba123 likes this.
__________________
Mark Northam
Immigration Lawyer and Registered Migration Agent

LLB, GradDipLaw, GradCertMigrLaw, BBA(Acctg) MARN 1175508
Northam Lawyers http://nlaw.com.au [email protected]
Co-Host, Coming 2 Oz live video show: https://www.facebook.com/groups/coming2oz/

  #39 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2014, 06:57 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From india

3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNortham View Post
Hi Baba -

Sorry, but I would not necessarily consider that acknowledging receipt is a good sign - it's certainly not a bad sign, but I fear you're reading too much into the acknowledgement. Time to be patient. Whenever PIC4020 comes up, you need to take the circumstances very, very seriously as it's serious business with DIBP and they don't fool around when it comes to this type of issue. Did you fully research the Migration Regulations and PAM3 policy on PIC4020 and how these are handled? Hope so, as that's the real meat of the issue. Remember that in many cases DIBP does not "believe" statements or assertions unless they are backed up with verifiable documentary evidence. And remember that the law, regulation and policy are the "rules of the game" that everybody - applicants, the DIBP and MRT - must adhere to. The strength of a PIC4020 response generally rests in 2 areas: how well the documentary evidence satisfies the concerns raised by the case officer, and how well the submission and evidence aligns with the regulations and DIBP policy on this issue.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam
Hi Mark,

Thank you for the reply,Yes i was too much reading into acknowledgement mail from co i can understand the importance of this stage. i have replied to them with all the documentary evidences i have collected to the queries as they have raised 5 to 6 queries about employment i have collected the max proofs which are verifiable on line to DIBP. Am with you that i have to be very very serious about this stage as this would be the final decision tool to DIBP.

In my letter they have mentioned the call date different where as my employer received call on other day.I have clearly explained in my letter about the call date written wrongly in the letter will it create any problem as we are pointing out about their faults.


  #40 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2014, 07:08 AM
MarkNortham's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,747
Users Flag! From australia

1453 likes received
150 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to MarkNortham
Note sure if it would cause a problem - would need to carefully review your submission package to give you any advice regarding it.

Best,

Mark Northam

baba123 likes this.

__________________
Mark Northam
Immigration Lawyer and Registered Migration Agent

LLB, GradDipLaw, GradCertMigrLaw, BBA(Acctg) MARN 1175508
Northam Lawyers http://nlaw.com.au [email protected]
Co-Host, Coming 2 Oz live video show: https://www.facebook.com/groups/coming2oz/

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mark Northam Fraud Question re PIC 4020 dunan Visas and immigration 20 09-15-2014 02:27 AM
To : MARK NORTHAM need advice ozdreamz2013 Visas and immigration 16 07-28-2014 11:52 PM
MARK NORTHAM and Senior members advise ozdreamz2013 Visas and immigration 3 07-21-2013 12:03 PM
Medicals taking long - Mark Northam, ur expert opinion required AspireOZ Visas and immigration 5 03-03-2013 06:40 AM
Congratulate our three new mods CollegeGirl, Louiseb and Mark Northam kttykat Visas and immigration 8 01-12-2013 01:12 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:05 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com