Current TSS (482) visa - Page 19

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree15Likes

Current TSS (482) visa - Page 19


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #181 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2018, 01:23 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 10
Please update your flag here .

I called the global hotline 131 881. The CS doesn't have any idea how to check whether the hard copy of HK Police Certificates are well received.

I asked that CS guy to directly call Sydney to check and he said he didn't have their direct line. He only advised me to enquire TSS team via email [email protected]. However, they normally respond to e-mail enquiry in one week.

Also, the HK Police provided me the document tracking number of the registered mail but they would not reflect the receipt status in Australia as the mailing system isn't linked.

It's such a agony for the arrangement of the HK Police Certificates.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaleo View Post
Interesting about the priority email contact. I might see if HR at my employer knows anything about this.


We rang DHA to confirm that our HK police checks had been received, but we were told to call back in ten business days. But we were not able to call the Sydney office directly, we called the Global Hotline. Might be worth giving them a ring to ensure that your documents were well received.


Reply With Quote
  #182 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2018, 02:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 68
Users Flag! From usa

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by tataaa View Post
anybody beed granted the visa this past week? the wait is getting longer than expected. Starting to feel frustrated as I quit my job last month thinking that they would stick to the average processing times in their website. so now, thinking if I should get a regular job again, but then when visa gets granted I need to file a month's notice again.=(
Yeah, we are also in a similar situation. I was not receiving any salary for the past year and we were living off my partner's job. He had a three month notice period, so quit way back in February so we could leave in time to start my job in Aus in May (or so we thought). Now we have been living off savings for nearly two months, and feeling anxious that we don't know how much longer it will be.


Last edited by eljaleo; 06-27-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Reply With Quote
  #183 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2018, 02:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 68
Users Flag! From usa

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by msim87 View Post
I called the global hotline 131 881. The CS doesn't have any idea how to check whether the hard copy of HK Police Certificates are well received.

I asked that CS guy to directly call Sydney to check and he said he didn't have their direct line. He only advised me to enquire TSS team via email [email protected]. However, they normally respond to e-mail enquiry in one week.

Also, the HK Police provided me the document tracking number of the registered mail but they would not reflect the receipt status in Australia as the mailing system isn't linked.

It's such a agony for the arrangement of the HK Police Certificates.

I haven't had any luck with that email. We emailed them to confirm which address to send the police check to - never replied. Something on the RFI was something that we had already submitted, so we emailed to clarify - never replied.


We sent ours by DHL as we wanted it to arrive as quickly as possible, and someone signed for it on June 18, so I can only assume it was received but I don't know how long it takes to add it to our application, process it, etc.


I can't think about it too much without getting really upset, so I try to block it out of my mind. I am fairly certain that if HK did not have this ridiculous procedure, we would have already been granted the visa, as our application was otherwise complete and had moved onto assessment.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #184 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2018, 02:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 90
Users Flag! From uk

26 likes received
4 likes given
Hi Guys,

Do you need a skills assessment for the short term TSS Visa?


Reply With Quote
  #185 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2018, 02:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 53
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tataaa View Post
anybody beed granted the visa this past week? the wait is getting longer than expected. Starting to feel frustrated as I quit my job last month thinking that they would stick to the average processing times in their website. so now, thinking if I should get a regular job again, but then when visa gets granted I need to file a month's notice again.=(
Hey tataaa, when did you submit your application?

My application has gone from "Received" to "initial Assessment" today - This is day 55 .... fingers crossed comes through soon.


Reply With Quote
  #186 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2018, 03:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 68
Users Flag! From usa

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smgawt123 View Post
Hi Guys,

Do you need a skills assessment for the short term TSS Visa?
I believe it depends on what job you are applying for. Did you do a search of this thread/forum? If you check further back or in my post history, you can see a thread I started asking for clarification about the skills assessment that was answered by an RMA. I did medium term though, not sure if short term is different.


Reply With Quote
  #187 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2018, 03:30 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 10
Please update your flag here .

Is your employer accredited sponsor ? 55 days are much longer than the standard processing time listed in DIBP website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneyishuk View Post
Hey tataaa, when did you submit your application?

My application has gone from "Received" to "initial Assessment" today - This is day 55 .... fingers crossed comes through soon.


Reply With Quote
  #188 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2018, 03:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 53
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by msim87 View Post
Is your employer accredited sponsor ? 55 days are much longer than the standard processing time listed in DIBP website.
No not accredited and not in rural location.

- Medium-term stream

The standard processing time listed on the Home Affairs website is clearly not accurate.
When the application was submitted said 11-17 days processing time (and still does on my immi account)

Home Affairs states; We assess applications on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances.

Global visa and citizenship processing times will be updated monthly, providing you with an indicative timeframe for processing applications.


msim87 - When did you submit your application?


Reply With Quote
  #189 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2018, 03:53 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 10
Please update your flag here .

7 June. It's Day 20 for me.
My employer is accredited sponsor.
Good luck for you. Good that your case has started processing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneyishuk View Post
No not accredited and not in rural location.

- Medium-term stream

The standard processing time listed on the Home Affairs website is clearly not accurate.
When the application was submitted said 11-17 days processing time (and still does on my immi account)

Home Affairs states; We assess applications on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances.

Global visa and citizenship processing times will be updated monthly, providing you with an indicative timeframe for processing applications.


msim87 - When did you submit your application?


Reply With Quote
  #190 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2018, 04:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 53
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by msim87 View Post
7 June. It's Day 20 for me.
My employer is accredited sponsor.
Good luck for you. Good that your case has started processing.
Thank you

Wish you luck too, Priority is given to accredited Sponsors, so hopefully yours is picked up soon.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
De Facto 457 /482 Verbatim92 Visas and immigration 2 05-07-2018 10:51 AM
TSS or student visa milomilo Visas and immigration 3 03-30-2018 12:19 AM
482/457 work condition 8107/8607 virgo_girl_33 Visas and immigration 3 03-23-2018 08:43 AM
Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) Visa to Replace 457 Visa This Month ricaj Visas and immigration 12 03-21-2018 11:42 PM
TSS visa start date Lisa Ira Visas and immigration 1 03-13-2018 10:11 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:50 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com