Current TSS (482) visa - Page 58

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree15Likes

Current TSS (482) visa - Page 58


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #571 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2018, 12:47 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From india

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhileshp View Post
Hi,

For dependents; I had submitted below documents -
Form 1221 for Wife
Form 1229 for Kids
Marriage Certificate
Birth Certificate for Kids
Passport copies for Wife and Kids
PCC for Wife
Aadhar Card Copies for Wife and Kids
eReferral Letter for Medical Test for Wife and Kids
Thanks Nikhil, much appreciated.


Reply With Quote
  #572 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2018, 03:44 AM
Nrj Nrj is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 26
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col85 View Post
Hi Nrj,

I received a RFI on 23rd of October. At this stage they informed me they were unable to accept my NZ PCC as I used an agent to apply for the certificate. They require that the PCC is issued directly to the individual in question. Very frustrating as this feedback was given 4 months after submission of my PCC. They suggested I would need to send another PCC or a character reference letter as my sponsor is accredited. I spoke with my sponsor and they agreed to supply the reference letter. Hopefully this will move things along.

After doing a fair bit of reading through the immigration website my understanding is that the NZ PCC must undergo a specific verification process which can take up to 6 months. I believe this is why people with a history of living in NZ are taking so long.
If you've any other questions or you hear anything let me know!

Hi Col85,

I am sorry to hear about your predicament. I know it is very frustrating as there is absolutely no way to track the progress of the application and the wait times are just brutal. I have tried contacting other members on this forum who live or have lived in NZ and their cases seem to be just going at snails pace like us.
Given how close the relations of Aus and NZ are one would think it would be easier to get across the ditch with the qualifications and so on.
I am now contemplating emailing them to ask and see if they can expedite my application in one way or the other as I am worried I am losing time out of the grant and project for which I have been hired. I didn't think this would take so long. very frustrating wait and helplessness. If you hear anything else please update here and I will do the same. As of now my file still shows received. I signed the consent and uploaded the file proactively just hoping it might help but not to much avail as of now.


Reply With Quote
  #573 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2018, 09:22 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 17
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col85 View Post
Hi Nrj,

I received a RFI on 23rd of October. At this stage they informed me they were unable to accept my NZ PCC as I used an agent to apply for the certificate. They require that the PCC is issued directly to the individual in question. Very frustrating as this feedback was given 4 months after submission of my PCC. They suggested I would need to send another PCC or a character reference letter as my sponsor is accredited. I spoke with my sponsor and they agreed to supply the reference letter. Hopefully this will move things along.

After doing a fair bit of reading through the immigration website my understanding is that the NZ PCC must undergo a specific verification process which can take up to 6 months. I believe this is why people with a history of living in NZ are taking so long.

If you've any other questions or you hear anything let me know!
Hi,

Can you please tell me where did you read that an nz pcc verification can take upto 6 months..coz i cant find it and am in a similar situation like yours. Your reply will be really helpful for me.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #574 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2018, 10:34 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Hi Rahi257,

This is what is mentioned:

"Note: As the Department must seek confirmation from the NZ Ministry of Justice within 6 months of certificate issuance, please supply your Record of Convictions to the Department as soon as possible upon receipt. Failure to provide your certificate within a reasonable timeframe, may result in delays in processing your application and/or the Department requesting an additional Record of Convictions."

It is mentioned under the section that explains how to apply for each countries police clearance - the NZ specific page.


Reply With Quote
  #575 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2018, 11:51 AM
Nrj Nrj is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 26
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col85 View Post
Hi Rahi257,

This is what is mentioned:

"Note: As the Department must seek confirmation from the NZ Ministry of Justice within 6 months of certificate issuance, please supply your Record of Convictions to the Department as soon as possible upon receipt. Failure to provide your certificate within a reasonable timeframe, may result in delays in processing your application and/or the Department requesting an additional Record of Convictions."

It is mentioned under the section that explains how to apply for each countries police clearance - the NZ specific page.
Hi,
My understanding of the above is that the NZ criminal record check is valid for 6 months only, which is why it's important to provide them with the consent form to check if more than 1 clearance has been issued to a person.
Whatever the case may be I reckon people with a NZ work experience and who have lived there seem to be getting processed very slow.


Reply With Quote
  #576 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2018, 08:40 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 14
Please update your flag here .

Can anyone please tell me 482 processing times

Hi, My partner got sponsored at work and we put in for the 482 visa together 5 weeks
ago. I would just like to know if people have been getting their visas through in time time frames stated on the home affairs site. We have flights home booked on the 13th of December and we really don't want to miss them.

Its a two year sponsorship so I think it's the medium stream?

Thanks anyone in advance


Reply With Quote
  #577 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2018, 10:44 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda0804 View Post
Hi, My partner got sponsored at work and we put in for the 482 visa together 5 weeks
ago. I would just like to know if people have been getting their visas through in time time frames stated on the home affairs site. We have flights home booked on the 13th of December and we really don't want to miss them.

Its a two year sponsorship so I think it's the medium stream?

Thanks anyone in advance
Mine came in 6 days, friends came in 8 days as well.


Reply With Quote
  #578 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2018, 05:02 AM
Nrj Nrj is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 26
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda0804 View Post
Hi, My partner got sponsored at work and we put in for the 482 visa together 5 weeks
ago. I would just like to know if people have been getting their visas through in time time frames stated on the home affairs site. We have flights home booked on the 13th of December and we really don't want to miss them.

Its a two year sponsorship so I think it's the medium stream?

Thanks anyone in advance
Hi Amanda0804,

Its been 8 weeks since I applied, while there are people on this forum who got the visa within a week. I reckon it is solely based on the case in question and there are other people who have been waiting for over 3 months. But as of now it is still within time frame so hope for the best!
Please do post your timeline here to help others as well.

Nrj


Reply With Quote
  #579 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2018, 08:47 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 7
Please update your flag here .

Hi Amanda,

I'm waiting more than 11 weeks now, and have no idea why it is taking so long. No RfI, no update, nothing. Mine is also for 2 years, but it is a short stream. The process is really frustrating, especially when you have planned your move, same situation here, already postponed the move once.

Really hope you will get good news soon!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda0804 View Post
Hi, My partner got sponsored at work and we put in for the 482 visa together 5 weeks
ago. I would just like to know if people have been getting their visas through in time time frames stated on the home affairs site. We have flights home booked on the 13th of December and we really don't want to miss them.

Its a two year sponsorship so I think it's the medium stream?

Thanks anyone in advance


Reply With Quote
  #580 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2018, 10:55 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

Hi,

Can someone please let me know if its possible to give authority to apply my visa to 3rd party , so i do not need to lodge it myself?

thanks


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
De Facto 457 /482 Verbatim92 Visas and immigration 2 05-07-2018 10:51 AM
TSS or student visa milomilo Visas and immigration 3 03-30-2018 12:19 AM
482/457 work condition 8107/8607 virgo_girl_33 Visas and immigration 3 03-23-2018 08:43 AM
Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) Visa to Replace 457 Visa This Month ricaj Visas and immigration 12 03-21-2018 11:42 PM
TSS visa start date Lisa Ira Visas and immigration 1 03-13-2018 10:11 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:29 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com