partner visa question?previous relationships

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree10Likes

partner visa question?previous relationships


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2018, 07:24 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From fiji

partner visa question?previous relationships

My partner does not want to disclose her previous marriage with a guy from Austria. She won't tell me his name but showed me a divorce decree for 2 mins(literally) showing she had been legally divorce.The best part is she slowly told me this information but she says since Austria has no record of it and only Pakistani court has so no one will ever know. Now she is applying visit visa and refusing to attach divorce decree.
I want to apply her spouse but she expects me to not mention her previous marriage ,i don't know why? She has lived in EU for 2 years before.Her last visit visa to Australia was rejected based on non-genuine marriage clause.What are my legal obligations?


The above is query of my friend.


Last edited by Perth1; 05-21-2018 at 07:28 AM.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2018, 08:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,823
Users Flag! From australia

1423 likes received
400 likes given
Your legal obligation is not to supply false or misleading information to the Department of Immigration.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 190
Users Flag! From canada

45 likes received
344 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampk View Post
Your legal obligation is not to supply false or misleading information to the Department of Immigration.
That is exactly right!

I don't understand what the issue is with letting immigration know that you have been divorced anyway!


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:32 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,132
Users Flag! From canada

1512 likes received
148 likes given
Applications can be refused with lasting consequences if the applicant provides false information. Doesn't say much for the relationship either if she's unwilling to be open about a past relationship.

__________________
186 visa - Temporary Residence Transition stream
Granted Dec 2013

  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:37 PM
CCMS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cairns
Posts: 6,390
Users Flag! From australia

2374 likes received
166 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to CCMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perth1 View Post
My partner does not want to disclose her previous marriage with a guy from Austria. She won't tell me his name but showed me a divorce decree for 2 mins(literally) showing she had been legally divorce.The best part is she slowly told me this information but she says since Austria has no record of it and only Pakistani court has so no one will ever know. Now she is applying visit visa and refusing to attach divorce decree.
I want to apply her spouse but she expects me to not mention her previous marriage ,i don't know why? She has lived in EU for 2 years before.Her last visit visa to Australia was rejected based on non-genuine marriage clause.What are my legal obligations?


The above is query of my friend.
Those sort of things tend to surface at inconvenient moments. With that kind of attitude any visa application may well be doomed.

wrussell likes this.
__________________
Nick van Voorst
Registered Migration Agent 0640648

Please do not send Private Messages.
For any inquiries, please visit our website: AUSVISA or download OUR APP from the Apple Store or Google Play

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-22-2018, 12:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,959
Users Flag! From uk

547 likes received
119 likes given
Deleted - inappropriate sarcasm.

Mish and MJAus!2018 like this.
__________________
Please ensure you are aware of the risks prior to visiting Australia - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eNEeq5qGh8I

Last edited by Mania; 05-22-2018 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Because I'm on night shift and don't have my sarcasm filter on.

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-22-2018, 09:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,823
Users Flag! From australia

1423 likes received
400 likes given
Is there such a thing Mania?


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2018, 07:18 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From fiji

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampk View Post
Is there such a thing Mania?
Apparently she claims she did a paper marriage for Austrian passport but then the guy left her after 2 months .Marriage was never reported to Austrian immigration and only Pakistani courts knew it as she finalised divorce so he can't claim her property. Well before she even didnt tell the guy the full story so she is hiding a lot and poor guy seems struck if he should leave her but she is holding his $10,000 stuff in her possession.She also wont declare and hide her marriage on Facebook. for me, this girl sounds like a con artist.


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2018, 07:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 653
Users Flag! From australia

153 likes received
40 likes given
maybe just as well the question was asked!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Perth1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampk View Post
Is there such a thing Mania?
Apparently she claims she did a paper marriage for Austrian passport but then the guy left her after 2 months .Marriage was never reported to Austrian immigration and only Pakistani courts knew it as she finalised divorce so he can't claim her property. Well before she even didnt tell the guy the full story so she is hiding a lot and poor guy seems struck if he should leave her but she is holding his $10,000 stuff in her possession.She also wont declare and hide her marriage on Facebook. for me, this girl sounds like a con artist.


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2018, 02:56 PM
MSK MSK is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 7
Please update your flag here .

oh thats really sad to hear about story reminds me of my close friend lullaby , exactly happened to her . she got married to PR holder who lied about his previous marriage that her ex wife cheated on him. Ex wife got pregnant and apprently he lied to my friend that that baby is not his . so my friend felt pity and decided to give him unconditional love which he deserve . So they got married . My friend lived back home with the inlaws and guy left for perth. Inlaws tortured my friend on daily basis and took her GOLD jewels and her expensive clothes away . Moreover the mother in law did character assassination by calling here and there regarding my friend.The guy now left my friend in her parents and torture her daily over the phone so she can apply for divorce .


Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What if my partner don't remember of previous relationships? leenr91 Visas and immigration 0 02-17-2017 08:34 AM
Possible mistake in the "previous relationships" on our partner visa, what to do? markvar Visas and immigration 6 05-31-2016 12:11 PM
Question on previous Relationships komertj Visas and immigration 2 03-11-2016 11:47 PM
previous relationships mollymoretti Visas and immigration 1 06-09-2014 03:48 PM
previous relationships question 62 laynag Visas and immigration 7 01-24-2013 11:02 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:35 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com