Partner visa (309) processing time from Beirut office - Page 26

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree56Likes

Partner visa (309) processing time from Beirut office - Page 26


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #251 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2019, 08:31 AM
Sillysal7's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 153
Please update your flag here .

11 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by orkideh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillysal7 View Post


Orkideh,
No stress. We got asked for info and they didnt speak to us 6 months after. I dnt think it means anything.
Kind regards
Sally
Hi Sally,

Did you receive your visa eventually? And if so, how long did it take all up?

Thanks for responding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karramy View Post
Hi Orkideh

Try not to stress too much about it. I haven’t received a phone call either. Everyone’s application takes different times to process. Also, there is no one CO allocated to a case so it’s not uncommon to have multiple CO’s working on a case. 😊
Thank you for the reassurance! <img src="http://www.australiaforum.com/images/smilies/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smile" class="inlineimg" />
Still waiting so i am a bad example but you have barely waited anytime. They need to do relevant checks. Give it 6 months, do not stress. &#x1f603;


Reply With Quote
  #252 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2019, 08:34 AM
Sillysal7's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 153
Please update your flag here .

11 likes received
But if you are worried call the complaint line they can look at your visa cant tell you much but it may reassure u


Reply With Quote
  #253 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2019, 12:03 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 35
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillysal7 View Post
But if you are worried call the complaint line they can look at your visa cant tell you much but it may reassure u
To call the complaint line u've to be inside australia &#x1f61e;


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #254 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2019, 12:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 117
Users Flag! From saudiarabia

8 likes received
6 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by orkideh View Post
Hi everyone!

I am bringing my husband to Australia from Iran, and my timeline is:
Application submitted: late September 2018
Request for more information: late November 2018, and early January 2019 - both by email

However, we have received no correspondence from them since then, and not even a phone call!
It says "further assessment" on our immi form, however it used to be 13 to 17 months but it is now 15 to 20 months.

Looking at everyone else's posts now, I am worried that since we haven't received a phone call, that it's a bad sign! Has anyone heard from anyone else or has had this experience? Will they call us? Why has it taken so long!

Also, the CO I had in my first email was different from the one in my second email. I wonder what that means.
I think when you receive requests by emails the visa will be at preliminary stage of assessment. First request came via email to me and the second request came from ImmiAccount from a CO with a name that looks Australian rather Arabic. I think those officers conducting interviews are just doing like admin job without any power to take decisions.

Just my guess!


Reply With Quote
  #255 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2019, 10:54 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 35
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdoal3rs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by orkideh View Post
Hi everyone!

I am bringing my husband to Australia from Iran, and my timeline is:
Application submitted: late September 2018
Request for more information: late November 2018, and early January 2019 - both by email

However, we have received no correspondence from them since then, and not even a phone call!
It says "further assessment" on our immi form, however it used to be 13 to 17 months but it is now 15 to 20 months.

Looking at everyone else's posts now, I am worried that since we haven't received a phone call, that it's a bad sign! Has anyone heard from anyone else or has had this experience? Will they call us? Why has it taken so long!

Also, the CO I had in my first email was different from the one in my second email. I wonder what that means.
I think when you receive requests by emails the visa will be at preliminary stage of assessment. First request came via email to me and the second request came from ImmiAccount from a CO with a name that looks Australian rather Arabic. I think those officers conducting interviews are just doing like admin job without any power to take decisions.

Just my guess!
Depends on what time did u receive ur grant..beirut office working time or australia office working time


Reply With Quote
  #256 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2019, 07:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 117
Users Flag! From saudiarabia

8 likes received
6 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salbasio View Post
Depends on what time did u receive ur grant..beirut office working time or australia office working time
There are Australians working in Beirut office and taking decisions on visas. I highly doubt that they will allow non-Australian to take visa decisions.


Reply With Quote
  #257 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2019, 09:07 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 35
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdoal3rs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salbasio View Post
sqDepends on what time did u receive ur grant..beirut office working time or australia office working time
There are Australians working in Beirut office and taking decisions on visas. I highly doubt that they will allow non-Australian to take visa decisions.
Yea makes sense


Reply With Quote
  #258 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2019, 04:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 53
Please update your flag here .

Hey guys,

Last night I received some very disappoinitng news, my fiances visa has been refused. there were 3 difference attachments, one was from Imane (CO), Karen and their was a form 47sp. The email was sent directly from Imane's email.
The reason for the refusal is because we have a valid marriage certificate which means we can't apply for 300 we have to apply for 309. Imane only explained that to me after I demanded to know the reason for the refusal.
What confused me is why would she ask for a marriage certificate if we are applying for 300? Seems like a trap
Thankfully we don't have to start a new application, all I had to do was fill out the first page of 47sp which states that the application type is 309 and send it back to her by email (she asked me do that).
I was very frustrated and disappointed last night but at least there was a way out.
I contacted a migration agent regarding this issues and he said that this won't take a long time and I can expect a grant in the next week.
I hope I do get it because I've reached my patience limit.
Hope whoever is waiting hears some good news very soon.


Reply With Quote
  #259 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2019, 05:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 117
Users Flag! From saudiarabia

8 likes received
6 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayata View Post
Hey guys,

Last night I received some very disappoinitng news, my fiances visa has been refused. there were 3 difference attachments, one was from Imane (CO), Karen and their was a form 47sp. The email was sent directly from Imane's email.
The reason for the refusal is because we have a valid marriage certificate which means we can't apply for 300 we have to apply for 309. Imane only explained that to me after I demanded to know the reason for the refusal.
What confused me is why would she ask for a marriage certificate if we are applying for 300? Seems like a trap
Thankfully we don't have to start a new application, all I had to do was fill out the first page of 47sp which states that the application type is 309 and send it back to her by email (she asked me do that).
I was very frustrated and disappointed last night but at least there was a way out.
I contacted a migration agent regarding this issues and he said that this won't take a long time and I can expect a grant in the next week.
I hope I do get it because I've reached my patience limit.
Hope whoever is waiting hears some good news very soon.
If you are married you cannot apply for 300 visa. The name of the visa itself is explanatory "prospective marriage visa". Are you both married?


Reply With Quote
  #260 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2019, 05:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 182
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayata View Post
Hey guys,

Last night I received some very disappoinitng news, my fiances visa has been refused. there were 3 difference attachments, one was from Imane (CO), Karen and their was a form 47sp. The email was sent directly from Imane's email.
The reason for the refusal is because we have a valid marriage certificate which means we can't apply for 300 we have to apply for 309. Imane only explained that to me after I demanded to know the reason for the refusal.
What confused me is why would she ask for a marriage certificate if we are applying for 300? Seems like a trap
Thankfully we don't have to start a new application, all I had to do was fill out the first page of 47sp which states that the application type is 309 and send it back to her by email (she asked me do that).
I was very frustrated and disappointed last night but at least there was a way out.
I contacted a migration agent regarding this issues and he said that this won't take a long time and I can expect a grant in the next week.
I hope I do get it because I've reached my patience limit.
Hope whoever is waiting hears some good news very soon.
Sounds like pretty good news to me! Even though you’ve applied for the incorrect visa they’re happy to have it changed to the 309 and might be granted soon &#x1f60a;


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prospective Marriage Visa Timeline - From Beirut, Lebanon marsattack Visas and immigration 5 06-19-2018 09:36 AM
anyone applying for any visa from Cyprus or Via Aus Embassy in Beirut aslan Visas and immigration 1 11-17-2015 05:43 PM
189 processing time & Form 80 processing time mobasharrony Visas and immigration 4 05-04-2014 07:37 PM
IMMI Office will NOT get the application at the office anymore AusForumMember Visas and immigration 1 11-22-2013 12:58 AM
Representative Office/Liaison Office Ranga Business and investment 0 09-12-2011 05:47 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:30 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com