Partner visa (309) processing time from Beirut office - Page 89

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree38Likes

Partner visa (309) processing time from Beirut office - Page 89


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #881 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2019, 05:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 206
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
5 likes given
So not really a true reflection then. It’s early days of ours but doesn’t seem to be any consistency - people applying in dec have theirs already and those in August still don’t. No real answers from anywhere just a matter of waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeba View Post
Does the processing time affect applications that have already been applied for? Or is it for future applications applying?

Eg when we applied for ours it was 15months - now it’s 17months? So do we go by 15 or 17 ?
The quoted processing times are always for those finalised in the previous month.

The future is not known, and depends on everyone's individual application.

If this month has more difficult applications than normal, then the average times will end up longer.


Reply With Quote
  #882 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2019, 06:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 726
Users Flag! From australia

167 likes received
40 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeba View Post
So not really a true reflection then. It’s early days of ours but doesn’t seem to be any consistency - people applying in dec have theirs already and those in August still don’t. No real answers from anywhere just a matter of waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeba View Post
Does the processing time affect applications that have already been applied for? Or is it for future applications applying?

Eg when we applied for ours it was 15months - now it’s 17months? So do we go by 15 or 17 ?
The quoted processing times are always for those finalised in the previous month.

The future is not known, and depends on everyone's individual application.

If this month has more difficult applications than normal, then the average times will end up longer.
They are a true reflection. They are actual averages.


Reply With Quote
  #883 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2019, 01:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 206
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
5 likes given
I don’t think so... there’s no consistency.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeba View Post
So not really a true reflection then. It’s early days of ours but doesn’t seem to be any consistency - people applying in dec have theirs already and those in August still don’t. No real answers from anywhere just a matter of waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeba View Post
Does the processing time affect applications that have already been applied for? Or is it for future applications applying?

Eg when we applied for ours it was 15months - now it’s 17months? So do we go by 15 or 17 ?
The quoted processing times are always for those finalised in the previous month.

The future is not known, and depends on everyone's individual application.

If this month has more difficult applications than normal, then the average times will end up longer.
They are a true reflection. They are actual averages.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #884 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2019, 09:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,249
Users Flag! From australia

1049 likes received
315 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeba View Post
I donít think so... thereís no consistency.
Some months are not much different to others.

But when more complex applications are received in one month, then the average for that month will blow out.

That may not change the processing times for the best applicants though.

Subclass 309 completions:

75% processed in under:
August under 16 months.
July under 15 months.
June under 15 months.
May under 14 months.
April under 13 months.
March under 15 months.

10% processed in over:
August over 21 months.
July over 20 months.
June over 20 months.
May over 19 months.
April over 19 months.
March over 20 months.

There may be no consistency in the actual applications though. Which can of course cause the differences in actual times.


Reply With Quote
  #885 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2019, 07:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 206
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
5 likes given
You’re a migration agent? Do you feel that they look at the applications in a sequence based on when they receive it? It looks like whoever applied in November (not all) were given grants in September (average 10months)and so the same thing will happen again - whoever applied in December 18 will also be looked at in October (again this is an average not every application). Can we be hopeful of accepting a 10 month sequential pattern??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeba View Post
I don’t think so... there’s no consistency.
Some months are not much different to others.

But when more complex applications are received in one month, then the average for that month will blow out.

That may not change the processing times for the best applicants though.

Subclass 309 completions:

75% processed in under:
August under 16 months.
July under 15 months.
June under 15 months.
May under 14 months.
April under 13 months.
March under 15 months.

10% processed in over:
August over 21 months.
July over 20 months.
June over 20 months.
May over 19 months.
April over 19 months.
March over 20 months.

There may be no consistency in the actual applications though. Which can of course cause the differences in actual times.


Reply With Quote
  #886 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2019, 09:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,249
Users Flag! From australia

1049 likes received
315 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeba View Post
Youíre a migration agent?
No. But have gone through this entire partner visa process and watched it all very carefully. We began in June 2015, and she got PR in February 2019. I spent many hours on this forum, and now seem hooked. However, I am now looking more closely at Citizenship threads...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeba View Post
Do you feel that they look at the applications in a sequence based on when they receive it? It looks like whoever applied in November (not all) were given grants in September (average 10months)and so the same thing will happen again - whoever applied in December 18 will also be looked at in October (again this is an average not every application). Can we be hopeful of accepting a 10 month sequential pattern??
No. I can't see any sequence. Other than that some of the best prepared applications are done pretty quickly, and most of the poorly prepared ones end up in the over 90% time line group.

If you have a good application, you stand a better chance of a faster process than some others.

Some countries have staff that process faster, some don't. I can imagine that some of the immigration staff might look at some applications, and immediately put them in the too hard basket, and choose an easier one to process. They are human too.

Some examples of the recent 309's finalised on this forum.

Recent 309 finalisations from Beirut.
8.1 months.
8.4 months.
8.7 months.
9.4 months.
11.0 months.

Recent 309 finalisations from India.
8.3 months.
17.4 months.
16.9 months.
17.2 months.
19.6 months.

Recent 309 finalisations from USA.
11.2 months.
11.2 months.
12.6 months.
11.2 months.
3.3 months.
.


Reply With Quote
  #887 (permalink)  
Old 09-30-2019, 09:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 97
Users Flag! From pakistan

1 likes received
17 likes given
Any 309 applicants from Nov '18 still waiting?


Reply With Quote
  #888 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2019, 01:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 57
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by collabusta View Post
Any 309 applicants from Nov '18 still waiting?
No but i’m still waiting for my fiances 300 since December 2018 via beirut.


Reply With Quote
  #889 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2019, 02:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 206
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
5 likes given
Wow what a lengthy proxies but Atleast she has it now!

Amazing statistics - would the 300 be similar?


Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeba View Post
You’re a migration agent?
No. But have gone through this entire partner visa process and watched it all very carefully. We began in June 2015, and she got PR in February 2019. I spent many hours on this forum, and now seem hooked. However, I am now looking more closely at Citizenship threads...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeba View Post
Do you feel that they look at the applications in a sequence based on when they receive it? It looks like whoever applied in November (not all) were given grants in September (average 10months)and so the same thing will happen again - whoever applied in December 18 will also be looked at in October (again this is an average not every application). Can we be hopeful of accepting a 10 month sequential pattern??
No. I can't see any sequence. Other than that some of the best prepared applications are done pretty quickly, and most of the poorly prepared ones end up in the over 90% time line group.

If you have a good application, you stand a better chance of a faster process than some others.

Some countries have staff that process faster, some don't. I can imagine that some of the immigration staff might look at some applications, and immediately put them in the too hard basket, and choose an easier one to process. They are human too.

Some examples of the recent 309's finalised on this forum.

Recent 309 finalisations from Beirut.
8.1 months.
8.4 months.
8.7 months.
9.4 months.
11.0 months.

Recent 309 finalisations from India.
8.3 months.
17.4 months.
16.9 months.
17.2 months.
19.6 months.

Recent 309 finalisations from USA.
11.2 months.
11.2 months.
12.6 months.
11.2 months.
3.3 months.
.


Reply With Quote
  #890 (permalink)  
Old 10-01-2019, 02:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 206
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
5 likes given
Any correspondence at all? What’s your country of origin?




Quote:
Originally Posted by collabusta View Post
Any 309 applicants from Nov '18 still waiting?


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prospective Marriage Visa Timeline - From Beirut, Lebanon marsattack Visas and immigration 5 06-19-2018 09:36 AM
anyone applying for any visa from Cyprus or Via Aus Embassy in Beirut aslan Visas and immigration 1 11-17-2015 05:43 PM
189 processing time & Form 80 processing time mobasharrony Visas and immigration 4 05-04-2014 07:37 PM
IMMI Office will NOT get the application at the office anymore AusForumMember Visas and immigration 1 11-22-2013 12:58 AM
Representative Office/Liaison Office Ranga Business and investment 0 09-12-2011 05:47 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:09 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com