Second Bridging Visa B - should we?

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Second Bridging Visa B - should we?

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-24-2018, 09:06 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From uk

4 likes received
Second Bridging Visa B - should we?

Hi everyone!

Quick question regarding travelling while on BVA. I applied for Partner Visa 820 in January 2017, and as of today am still waiting for the first (Temporary) stage to be processed, so holding a BVA.

Just after submitting my application I applied for and used the Bridging Visa B to visit my family in Scotland for the first time in 2 years and introduce them to my partner. Everything was done by the book and I notified the department of all the relevant dates/address changes. Also, we were only out of the country for 4 weeks - 5 months less than the BVB allowed me.

But now I’m wondering, is it too much if I apply for another BVB? I’d like to go home for Christmas this year, with my partner, but I understand the department would much rather I spent time here than go off galavanting around the globe.

What would you guys do? Or shall I wait until at least getting the Temporary stage since I’m reasonably close?

TL;DR How many Bridging Visa B’s can I have without taking the piss

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should I Stay or Should I Go? viva paulista Visas and immigration 2 07-09-2015 06:57 PM
Should I Stay or Should I Go? viva paulista Jobs and work 0 06-29-2015 09:08 AM
should we cancel the student visa when waiting? 200SX Visas and immigration 3 06-09-2014 05:01 PM
What visa should we choose? koll Visas and immigration 17 03-31-2013 06:01 PM
Should I stay or Should i go? soulsurfer Travel questions 1 02-16-2010 04:29 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.