Documents for 820

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree1Likes

Documents for 820


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2018, 07:54 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 6
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
2 likes given
Documents for 820

Dear all,

I submitted my 820 application 4 days ago and am now slowly uploading documents. I'm surprised that the maximum number of files you can upload is now at 100 each. Now I have a few questions that I'd like an answer from you guys who have done it before. Apologies in advance if these questions sound silly or have been asked and answered before.

1. Do Statutory Decs written on a plain A4 paper about our relationships need to be signed and witnessed by a JP?
2. Do statements about the 4 aspects of our relationships need to be signed and witnessed by a JP? for instance, a statement about future plans.
3. Is it too early to book a medical exam appointment? I already booked one as it shows 'Medical Exam required' under my 'attach documents' section.
4. I've read it so many times from this forum that a sponsor has to lodge their own 40SP application or something and link the two applications using the application reference number their applicant received, but we can't seem to be able to do so. I can see my partner's name under my name and there's a place where we can attach his signed 40SP under the his name. I assume it's the same process?
5. Do your IDs (Driver's license, National ID card) need to be scanned both sided?


Last edited by LoveHim; 09-04-2018 at 08:06 AM.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2018, 10:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 65
Users Flag! From australia

17 likes received
44 likes given
Firstly, what country are you from?

1. For our personal statements into the history of our relationship we wrote. I declared mine as a Statutory Declaration, and wrote, "Please See Attached Statement"
These are the people that can witness a Stat Dec, it doesn't have to be a JP.
https://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/S...witnesses.aspx
Dave did the same, but declared his as an affidavit and was witnessed by a notary public at a bank.
Form 888's must be witness by someone from the list above.

2. No, we didn't have that witnessed. They were pages and pages long and contained photos. Each aspect was it's own PDF.

3. Yes it is too early. Wait until they get into contact asking for you to get your medical done. Medicals are only valid for one year. Every application will say Medical Exam required, because it is! But you will have plenty of time to do it once you are asked for it.

4. We linked ours using the reference number, but things have changed since two years ago. I think it was more vital back then since you had less upload spots. If you can upload ALL the evidence in your IMMI account, with the relevant items about your partner under your partners name, it should be alright.

5. No harm in uploading both sides of the cards, especially if there is other information on the back .

__________________
I am the sponsor of an amazing American!
Visa: PMV (Subclass 300)
Submitted: 4th Nov 2015
Medical & FBI Check Request: 18th Feb 2016
Visa granted: 2nd Mar 2016 (119 Days)

Visa: Partner Visa (Subclass 820)
Submitted: 18th Nov 2016
National Police Check for Sponsor Request: 30th Nov 2016
Visa Granted: 3rd Jan 2017 (46 Days)

Visa: Partner Visa (Subclass 801)
Application Submitted: 4th Nov 2018
Police Check for Applicant Request: 26th Sept 2019
Visa Granted: 16th Oct 2019 (346 days)

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2018, 11:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
1. We didn't do separate statements. We just used the online form and completed the narrative questions as this counts as the statement. If you choose to type it out separately, there's no need to get it witnessed (they know it's you as you made the application). Make sure you answer all 5 of those narrative questions in your statement. Same goes for the sponsor if they choose to do a separate statement instead of the narrative questions in the online sponsor form.

If you're talking about the Form 888s done by friends or family, then yes, the signatures must be witnessed by someone on the list on the form. The form's instructions are pretty clear on how to do it.

2. See above...

3. I wouldn't. 820s have long processing times typically and the medical is only valid for 12 months. Like already mentioned, the "Action required - health examination" or similar notification shows up for everyone that makes a partner visa application as it is a requirement. A request for a medical will come from a CO typically via email.

4. Your sponsor needs to log into immi (either the same account you used or create their own, doesn't matter) and go to the new applications tab, family, then click the sponsorship for a partner visa application (It will be the exact same location you selected your application). This is the 40SP they need to do and it's very similar to your application. There is a question asking for your application TRN and as long as the application has been paid for and submitted, the sponsor will be able to complete their application.

5. Any time a document has any information on the back, I always scan both sides. This includes driver's license, birth certificates, etc.

LoveHim likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-05-2018, 06:55 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 6
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
2 likes given
[QUOTE=misspharmacist;1908175]Firstly, what country are you from?

Thank you misspharmacist

I'm from Thailand.
I'm kind of overwhelmed by the amount of documents we have to submit.


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-05-2018, 06:57 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 6
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
1. We didn't do separate statements. We just used the online form and completed the narrative questions as this counts as the statement. If you choose to type it out separately, there's no need to get it witnessed (they know it's you as you made the application). Make sure you answer all 5 of those narrative questions in your statement. Same goes for the sponsor if they choose to do a separate statement instead of the narrative questions in the online sponsor form.

If you're talking about the Form 888s done by friends or family, then yes, the signatures must be witnessed by someone on the list on the form. The form's instructions are pretty clear on how to do it.

2. See above...

3. I wouldn't. 820s have long processing times typically and the medical is only valid for 12 months. Like already mentioned, the "Action required - health examination" or similar notification shows up for everyone that makes a partner visa application as it is a requirement. A request for a medical will come from a CO typically via email.

4. Your sponsor needs to log into immi (either the same account you used or create their own, doesn't matter) and go to the new applications tab, family, then click the sponsorship for a partner visa application (It will be the exact same location you selected your application). This is the 40SP they need to do and it's very similar to your application. There is a question asking for your application TRN and as long as the application has been paid for and submitted, the sponsor will be able to complete their application.

5. Any time a document has any information on the back, I always scan both sides. This includes driver's license, birth certificates, etc.

Thank you. My sponsor is submitting his sponsor app even though we've already uploaded the signed 40sp.


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Hi all, I'm hoping somebody on here might be able to help or point me in the direction of help.. I'm currently gathering docs for an onshore 820 application. My issue is my birth cert is at home in Ireland, it's in black and white so will a coloured scan be ok? If not who can I use to certify the doc? Or can an application be made without a birth cert?
I'm struggling to find definitive info anywhere..
Thanks in advance.


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2018, 01:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranfitz View Post
Hi all, I'm hoping somebody on here might be able to help or point me in the direction of help.. I'm currently gathering docs for an onshore 820 application. My issue is my birth cert is at home in Ireland, it's in black and white so will a coloured scan be ok? If not who can I use to certify the doc? Or can an application be made without a birth cert?
I'm struggling to find definitive info anywhere..
Thanks in advance.
Clear color scans of original documents are all that is needed. So if it's an original birth certificate, yes, uploading a color scan is fine.


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2018, 01:26 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranfitz View Post
Hi all, I'm hoping somebody on here might be able to help or point me in the direction of help.. I'm currently gathering docs for an onshore 820 application. My issue is my birth cert is at home in Ireland, it's in black and white so will a coloured scan be ok? If not who can I use to certify the doc? Or can an application be made without a birth cert?
I'm struggling to find definitive info anywhere..
Thanks in advance.
Clear color scans of original documents are all that is needed. So if it's an original birth certificate, yes, uploading a color scan is fine.
Great thank you.. So just to clarify and I can stop panicking, even if the original doc is in black and white the CO will be able to tell its been scanned in colour and it is not a copy?


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2018, 01:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranfitz View Post
Great thank you.. So just to clarify and I can stop panicking, even if the original doc is in black and white the CO will be able to tell its been scanned in colour and it is not a copy?
If it's an original document, there's not much you can do about the color. You can still tell the difference between an original document in black and white color scanned vs a non-color scan. It's not something they'll refuse a visa over. Worst case scenario, they don't realize and ask you for a certified copy.

At the end of the day, if it's something you're going to stress about, why not upload both an original scan and a certified copy? At least then you know you won't be thinking about it.


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2018, 08:19 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranfitz View Post
Great thank you.. So just to clarify and I can stop panicking, even if the original doc is in black and white the CO will be able to tell its been scanned in colour and it is not a copy?
If it's an original document, there's not much you can do about the color. You can still tell the difference between an original document in black and white color scanned vs a non-color scan. It's not something they'll refuse a visa over. Worst case scenario, they don't realize and ask you for a certified copy.

At the end of the day, if it's something you're going to stress about, why not upload both an original scan and a certified copy? At least then you know you won't be thinking about it.
You're right there I think. Think I'm just over thinking the whole thing.. Thanks do much for your help


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What documents need to be certified when applying for a partner visa 820 online ? sina1308 Visas and immigration 6 01-20-2015 01:54 AM
Partner Visa 820/801 attached documents gavin.worrall Visas and immigration 3 10-15-2014 01:59 AM
820 Onshore - does sending additional documents delay or speed up processing time? kirrz Visas and immigration 0 06-06-2013 12:49 AM
***Documents advice on 820-801 partner visa*** vickyrubal Visas and immigration 0 04-27-2013 07:39 AM
Returned Documents - 820/801 llawjm Visas and immigration 3 10-30-2011 01:17 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:44 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com