Paying for 820 tomorrow.

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree6Likes

Paying for 820 tomorrow.


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2018, 04:03 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 9
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
4 likes given
Paying for 820 tomorrow.

Tomorrow my partner and I will be paying for our 820 visa. We have most of our information ready to scan and upload. What forms and information will we need at the time of payment exactly? And then what is ok for us to upload over the next week or two?

Our neighbours are in the process of doing a 820 visa and they said they paid and got the bridging visa activated and now are taking their time to upload as a lot of documents for them have been hard to access from their home. I wasn't aware you could take a bit of time to upload everything.

My partners tourist visa is up on Sunday, so if we pay for our 820 tomorrow she will hopefully transfer onto a bridging on the weekend so interested in knowing what exactly is needed to make sure that happens at the very least so she is not over staying her visa.

I have been talking with immigration on the help line and they fill me in with conflicting information.

Any help from members that know would be appreciated.

Thanks


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2018, 04:10 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 19
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
6 likes given
When we applied the application was accepted immediately and so was the bridging visa. All you really have to do is fill in the online application (includes the statements of relationship) and then pay the fee when submitting. All the evidence can be uploaded after and you can take your time doing so.


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2018, 04:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,953
Users Flag! From australia

1449 likes received
401 likes given
The applicant fills in the application.
The money is paid.
You get 2 emails (one might lag by a few days but not often).
* one is a notification of Partner Visa application - this gets you Medicare.
* the other is a Bridging Visa A - no travel but full work rights.

Take a day rest.

Do the Sponsor application.
Upload the evidence required to have a valid application
Upload all other evidence to support relationship

** Do it as soon as you can but I would not exceed 28 days.

sheeling79 and Nicoski like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2018, 09:53 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 9
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
4 likes given
Hey thanks a lot for the responses, that is what I thought and was hoping!

Can I ask how you formatted your photos when uploading? Like are we scanning 4 on to a pdf page and uploading or one at a time? Should we be explaining what each photo is and where would we do that? When we did our canadian PR we sent 200 photos and all were written on the back.


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2018, 10:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,953
Users Flag! From australia

1449 likes received
401 likes given
4 or 5 a page with good explanation is good.

200 is not good.


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 67
Please update your flag here .

8 likes received
20 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by pip_kerr View Post
Tomorrow my partner and I will be paying for our 820 visa. We have most of our information ready to scan and upload. What forms and information will we need at the time of payment exactly? And then what is ok for us to upload over the next week or two?

Our neighbours are in the process of doing a 820 visa and they said they paid and got the bridging visa activated and now are taking their time to upload as a lot of documents for them have been hard to access from their home. I wasn't aware you could take a bit of time to upload everything.

My partners tourist visa is up on Sunday, so if we pay for our 820 tomorrow she will hopefully transfer onto a bridging on the weekend so interested in knowing what exactly is needed to make sure that happens at the very least so she is not over staying her visa.

I have been talking with immigration on the help line and they fill me in with conflicting information.

Any help from members that know would be appreciated.

Thanks
Good luck! As there is some visa expiring on the weekend, might need to consider how long it takes for the payment to actually be received, I am not sure if they count it from when you press submit or from when the money enters their account. If you submit on the Friday/Saturday and then banks don't process until the Monday, could leave you in a mess


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2018, 08:58 PM
zol zol is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 109
Please update your flag here .

5 likes received
12 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by pip_kerr View Post
Hey thanks a lot for the responses, that is what I thought and was hoping!

Can I ask how you formatted your photos when uploading? Like are we scanning 4 on to a pdf page and uploading or one at a time? Should we be explaining what each photo is and where would we do that? When we did our canadian PR we sent 200 photos and all were written on the back.
I would upload one pdf with 5 or 6 photos (as many as you can squeeze into 5mb) for every major event e.g. a trip you took, family xmas something like that. In my view that adds more value than pictures at dinner.


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2018, 08:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 158
Users Flag! From australia

27 likes received
230 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by zol View Post
I would upload one pdf with 5 or 6 photos (as many as you can squeeze into 5mb) for every major event e.g. a trip you took, family xmas something like that. In my view that adds more value than pictures at dinner.
You can compress .pdf files online if they are too large.

Here's a place that I use:

https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf

zol and englishkoala like this.

  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2018, 11:34 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 24
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
9 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampk View Post
The applicant fills in the application.
The money is paid.
You get 2 emails (one might lag by a few days but not often).
* one is a notification of Partner Visa application - this gets you Medicare.
* the other is a Bridging Visa A - no travel but full work rights.

Take a day rest.

Do the Sponsor application.
Upload the evidence required to have a valid application
Upload all other evidence to support relationship

** Do it as soon as you can but I would not exceed 28 days.

I'm I reading this correctly?

You only need to fill in the forms to get the visa started and you can then put your evidence together and add that to the application?

We have been gathering evidence and waiting to have all the ducks in a row before lodging. Should we just pull the trigger now?


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2018, 11:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6,953
Users Flag! From australia

1449 likes received
401 likes given
The applicant fills in the form.
The payment is made.

Ball starts moving.

You want a valid application soon as possible after payment - the application can be processed anytime after it is submitted.

You can continue to upload until a decision is made (check current process times).

Jimmy875 likes this.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advice Needed on Lodging/Paying for Onshore Partner Visa (820) ninja Visas and immigration 11 07-15-2016 10:29 AM
Paying for 820 Application problems 530i Visas and immigration 5 11-12-2014 09:03 AM
Lodging 820 tomorrow, advice. Kalith Visas and immigration 0 09-10-2013 10:21 AM
de facto 820 applying tomorrow! Laegil Visas and immigration 13 02-20-2013 02:39 PM
MRT tomorrow trishher Visas and immigration 7 05-11-2010 05:58 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:26 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com